Your favourite lost theories

This forum holds immense amounts of information but it's very hard to go through each and every one thread looking for interesting theories (especially ones from older books). So I'm making this thread in hope of resurfacing old and lost theories and ideas.

Please describe or link personal favourite theories (yours or other people's), theory-crafting posts and ideas below. 

Here is one I like from @hoiditthroughthegrapevine

Edited by insert_anagram_here

Cosmere spoilers:

Spoiler

Its currently a mess, but my signature has a link to a theories hub of theories I posted - I'm slowly, very slowly, making it neater, but you might find some of my theories interesting, or be willing to discuss where you disagree with them. If you turned off your signature setting, its here. Some are Stormlight specific, but several are crossovers with other Cosmere stories or ideas, so be careful!

[Edit] Actually, here is a safer list of links, just covering Stormlight topics in the Stormlight section

Edited by Ixthos

Great idea @insert_anagram_here!

I love the Death Rattles, and the thread started by @Brgst13 is the most comprehensive and is my favorite death rattle analysis thread:

The OP is great, the additional posts are awesome, and @Varion did some of my favorite high-level analysis of any post on the shard (absolutely brilliant):

I'm incredibly fascinated by the cognitive realm, I love the fusion of interesting metaphysical philosophy with High Fantasy, and it doesn't get much better than a realm of pure ideas. I think the fact that the cognitive realm is basically a topographically modified 2-Dimensional plane (basically a continous topology existing in 3 dimensional space) is great, and how the areas of low cognitive density shrink in the CR to allow travel between subastrals is really nice. I have a theory about the nature of the Cognitive Realm, so far it's largely been visited by tumbleweeds and the occasional cricket, but here's to hoping for more discussion along the lines expressed in my thread.

I really like @RShara thread about the dangers of seeing the future:

@Jofwu 's Stormlight Timeline is amazing, and anyone with an interest in the precise sequence of events should check it out:

Jofwu's thread on Shardic natures and their expression is very clearly laid out and very compelling and makes for some great reading:

I love @Pagerunner's walk through of the impossible Physics of Allomancy too, truly remarkable thread:

There are a couple more that I need to search for, but I'll just edit my post when I find them.

My favorite theory that I can think of, off the top of my head, was that the Last Legion used to have access to Nightform and knew that the singers would lose their connection to BAM and took on Dullform to avoid Slaveform (by @ScavellTane). 

I don't know who originally came up with it, but the theory that the Set's Faceless Immortals are Svrakiss from Sel is also really cool. 

• Chaos locked this topic