Feedback on a prophecy

Invocation

I'm looking to include a prophecy in my next story-that-will-be-forgotten and am wondering if anyone has any feedback on this rudimentary one I constructed.

The Lightbringer shall come,

War and plague drag in their wake.

Peace shall be restored

And immortality gained.

Edited by Invocation

Sounds rather interesting. Keep in mind 'Lightbringer' is a term that has already been used in a well known fantasy series. The immortality part certainly intrigues me. The third line feels a little superfluous considering the same information is given to us in the second line.

May I ask as to the in-universe origin of this prophecy? Some kind of oracle? Is the prophecy ancient and if so was it possibly subject to mis-translation?

10 hours ago, Pagliacci said:

Keep in mind 'Lightbringer' is a term that has already been used in a well known fantasy series.

Wait what series? 

May I ask as to the in-universe origin of this prophecy? Some kind of oracle? Is the prophecy ancient and if so was it possibly subject to mis-translation?

They don't know where it came from, but every time a new capital is made, the first building in that capital has that appear on the wall in the native language of that area. (Or as close as you can get, so there might be some mistranslation)

The third line feels a little superfluous considering the same information is given to us in the second line.

That was a typo. Should have been "war and plague" my bad.

4 hours ago, Pagliacci said:

@Invocation one last question: Does free will exist in this story?

Technically, yes, but the prophecy remains valid because it took into account the actions of everyone, including the direct actions that lead to the prophecy being needed. In the timelines where people acted differently, the prophecy is different, as well.

Worth noting is that the initial source of the prophecy (though no one knows this) was from the last person to have a major prophecy about them and they ended up temporarily omniscient and wrote the prophecy (picture Taravangian writing the Diagram and that's a fair comparison, except this lady was actually omniscient, not just really smart).