Reading The Wheel of Time Together [SPOILERS!]

ILuvHats

19 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

You'll have to give me a p.m. or even tag me in your thoughts of it if you post elsewhere.  You'll be the first person who has read it on my recommendation.

Gladly! I think I'll need another week or two to finish it though. Depends on work and how much time I need for WoT. I bought it directly after you mentioned it, but then got distracted by some other books and only started two weeks ago.

So far I really enjoy it. Good, classical fantasy with an interesting setting and well developped characters - exactly what I like.

@Sorana If you are looking for that sort of book you might like Tad Williams Memory, Sorrow, Thorn series or his Shadowmarch series. His series are all really slow. I imagine the beginning third of the Dragonbones Chair has turned away countless readers but he builds momentum. I think it takes a certain type of reader to enjoy his books. The joy is his great prose,watching him explore his world, and his characters grow. I also love how he finishes series. He does a great job making it bittersweet and they really stick with me. 

Edit:

Just realized I derailed this thread. Apologies to the original poster

Edited by Ammanas

14 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Just realized I derailed this thread. Apologies to the original poster

It's ok, Ammanas :).  I forgive you.  Besides, I always welcome new book recommendations.  I was going to start Brent Week's Night Angel trilogy last night, but then I got distracted when I saw Season 2 of the Punisher came out on Netflix, so I'm starting it today.  But I'll add your books to my list as well.

I haven't finished it yet, but so far so good.  The fight scene at the end of the first episode was SO good.  The new villain doesn't seem quite as compelling or despicable (but in a good way) as Rawlins, but he's still decent.  And I'm really intrigued by how Jigsaw is going to turn out. 

Edited by ILuvHats

7 minutes ago, ILuvHats said:

Besides, I always welcome new book recommendations.  I was going to start Brent Week's Night Angel trilogy last night

I liked that one, though I prefered his lightbringer series. And we will finally get a new volume next year :lol:

Technically we will get the last Lightbringer book this year. Late August I believe and the author just posted a video this month saying he's on track for that and is currently in the editing stages. He also said the book is enormous! By the sound of it him talking like it'll be as long as Oathbringer; although he hasn't mentioned specific word or page counts yet.

4 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Technically we will get the last Lightbringer book this year. Late August I believe and the author just posted a video this month saying he's on track for that and is currently in the editing stages. He also said the book is enormous! By the sound of it him talking like it'll be as long as Oathbringer; although he hasn't mentioned specific word or page counts yet.

:lol: My bad. I meant this year. It's 2019 already.

@ILuvHats@Dr. Dapper@Sorana@Gancho Libre@Snipexe@Rhapsody@Kidpen@whattheHoid@Just a Lifetime

The Wheel Of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend.  Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called theThird Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past a wind rose in the Bookshelves Of  WoT. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel Of Time. But it was a beginning.

discussion for chapters 1-17 open!

Before we start discussing the books: Should we move the topic to the WoT part of the forum? Or at least change the title to indicate spoilers? Because the general discussion should be spoiler free and while I think lots of people have read the books, there are always those that haven't...

@Sorana so we are listening to Vivaldi's Ring of Mystery. It is a short story with music by Vivaldi. It tells of an orphaned girl, Katarina who goes to Venice and enters the school of the Pieta and meets Don Antonio. A Stradivarius violin is involved and Katarina and Giovanni solve a mystery during Carnival season in Venice. Ofelia has been wanting to hear Vivaldi's Farnace over, over, over, and over again. This group that does this have other ones like Tchiakovsky goes to America, Mr. Bach comes to call, Mozart's Magic Flute, etc.