Reading The Wheel of Time Together [SPOILERS!]

ILuvHats

I wouldn't recommend reading New Spring before TEOTW. Since, if I remember correctly, it would spoil the first time readers a lot of the revelations about Lan/Moraine/Siuan as it reveals their true intentions before even beginning the series. 

Personally I read it after AMOL and loved coming back to those characters. So I would recommend doing that.

You're probably right, it does show a better look into the world of.... possibly spoilers, wait definitely spoilers....read at your own risk!

Spoiler

Aes Sedai and how the students interact with each other and learn how to channel. I remember there is just so much going on with the Forsaken in the main series, that the normalcy in the Aes Sedai training is mostly uprooted.

46 minutes ago, Sorana said:

The ember blade. It was recommended here on the shard and I decided to give it a try.

You'll have to give me a p.m. or even tag me in your thoughts of it if you post elsewhere.  You'll be the first person who has read it on my recommendation. Yes, @whattheHoid its worth it. The beginning is a little slow but its a giant homage to the entire epic fantasy genre and yet doesnt come off as old and tired. I'm excited to read the sequel!