Invocation

Where did Re-Shephir flee to?

5 posts in this topic

Did she end up in the caverns below Urithiru or just mystically magic herself out of the entire area somehow?

I guess she fled. If she is still close enough nearby to observe, Shallan would feel her presence. She might be hiding in one of the caverns, if she is still licking her wounds. But I guess we still don't know enough about the Unmade to understand how they really operate. Does Odium give them direct commands? They must have at least a certain amount of free will as otherwise Sja-Anat could not act as she does... 

I think she's gone into the oil.

Way of Kings, chapter 19 Starfalls; it's the vision chapter Dalinar has of the Midnight mother. Both in this chapter and in the Urithiru chapters in OB we see the presence of oil, because people couldn't use spheres as a source of light. Add that to the fact that the Re-shephir takes the form of 'black tarry substance' I'd say she's strongly associated with 7th Essence - Tallow. (from the ten essences reference) 

35 minutes ago, insert_anagram_here said:

I think she's gone into the oil.

Way of Kings, chapter 19 Starfalls; it's the vision chapter Dalinar has of the Midnight mother. Both in this chapter and in the Urithiru chapters in OB we see the presence of oil, because people couldn't use spheres as a source of light. Add that to the fact that the Re-shephir takes the form of 'black tarry substance' I'd say she's strongly associated with 7th Essence - Tallow. (from the ten essences reference) 

So would it be possible to imply that each unmade manifests in a way that adheres to their "surges" essence? Could it be possible that the Unmade were normal Radiant spren but then were Unmade by Odium to learn how to use their surges? I know Knight Radiants have two surges but there is a WoB's out there saying one surge is easier for one order compared to the other. eg Shallan is good at illumination compared to soulcasting. 

12 minutes ago, Eris said:

So would it be possible to imply that each unmade manifests in a way that adheres to their "surges" essence? Could it be possible that the Unmade were normal Radiant spren but then were Unmade by Odium to learn how to use their surges? I know Knight Radiants have two surges but there is a WoB's out there saying one surge is easier for one order compared to the other. eg Shallan is good at illumination compared to soulcasting. 

What I said about the oil is one pet theory of mine, and yes I think that every Unmade corresponds to one of the Essences. (some of them I've roughly placed on that table)

Now what the Unmade were before becoming un-made.. ? No idea.

Recently I've been thinking Soulcasting paid a role in it, since Kaza's chapter, maybe even the Sibling, if Urithiru's purpose was a giant Soulcaster. But its pure tinfoil, electrum foil even.