Will Odium pull a reverse Sephiroth?

Ripheus23

I had a thought about the way the first arc might end, based on a book I saw in the library that has to do with the moon getting pushed away from the Earth. So let's suppose Odium wants to shut off access to Stormlight. If, as I currently believe, the Rosharan moons are essential to the origin of the highstorms, let's say Odium therefore tries to pull a reverse Sephiroth and instead of having a big object collide with Roshar, he does something (maybe using Urithiru) to push at least one of the moons away.* In the process, he's made vulnerable and defeated, but ten years later, we see the aftereffects of this event on Rosharan ecology, and the plot of the second arc revolves around Cultivation's attempts to heal/evolve Roshar's ecosystems in light of the highstorms no longer taking place.

*Unrelated, but was there something in the OB epigraphs about Urithiru being unusually cold at some point? If so, this might play into my "the Sibling is the spren of the sun" idea.

11 minutes ago, Turtle373 said:

yeah but I don't think odium would leave himself vulnerable like that, but who knows, maybe he gets so desperate (though I doubt that) that he's willing to destroy Roshar at any cost

IDK, in this event, Roshar the planet survives, even the main continent, it's just the climate that changes. LOL The Stormlight Archive turns out to be about indigenous reparations and global warming :P

2 hours ago, Ripheus23 said:

*Unrelated, but was there something in the OB epigraphs about Urithiru being unusually cold at some point? If so, this might play into my "the Sibling is the spren of the sun" idea.

It's unusually warm for its elevation, but that's still pretty cold, and there's some oddities with the atmospheric pressure as well, caused by the whole "Urithiru is a massive conjoined fabrial" thing and that fabrial not being at 100% capacity in the absence of the Sibling.

Urithiru, despite not actually being a spaceship, is kind of like a derelict spaceship. Still pressurized, still has some basic functions, you can still switch the lights on and off, but you can't really make it go until you turn on the onboard AI (the Sibiling)

2 minutes ago, Watchcry said:

Was Urithiru the vehicle by which humans arrived to Roshar?

Joe ST [PENDING REVIEW]

Is Urithiru a spaceship?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

It is not, no, good question. I've never been asked that before. It's very Sim City, though.

Joe ST [PENDING REVIEW]

It's a new theory, they're thinking, is it one of the floating cities from--

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

From Ashyn, yeah. Boy, that would be hard, it is so big. But, I suppose, magic, you know. But no, it is not...

source

No

• Chaos locked this topic