silent_radiant

Hi! I’m new here.

11 posts in this topic

Hi, Friends: I’m new to the 17th Shard and glad to have found it!  

I started with Elantris in September when it was recommended to me by an employee at Barnes & Noble after I finished The Wise Man’s Fear by Rothfuss. I was afraid of not finding anything to the level of Kingkiller. 

Well, I was glad to have accepted that recommendation!  I am blown away by the interwoven details the Cosmere has offered!  I try to explain it to people and it’s impossible.  Completely amazed!

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the Shard! Do you have a plan for what book to read next if you continue to the rest of the cosmere?

I’ve actually read all of the Cosmere books and am currently working through Arcanum Unbounded.  Oathbringer is my favorite so far. I might even read all of Stormlight Archive again because there is just SO much to absorb and I feel like I missed some things. 

Oh wow. How to pick? I really liked Kaladin’s character but there are so many good ones. Kal drove me nuts sometimes but his character resonated with me as I’ve battled depression before. I could really identify with the way his thoughts went sometimes. 

What about you? Favorite book? Character?

Hmm...it’s a toss-up between Hero of Ages and Oathbringer(it really just depends on the day). Sazed’s probably my favorite character, followed up by Renarin.

I would love to learn more about Renarin and his story. Sazed is great.  It’s hard to choose. 

Renarin’s probably the character I relate to the most; I can’t wait for his flashbacks!

All right, since we're on the topic of Stormlight...
Which order of Radiants would you fit in?

I'd be Edgedancers.

I’d probably be Windrunners.  I’m afraid of heights; only because I’m afraid to fall and hate the feeling of freefalling through the air. With Windrunners, I’d be able to control that. Elsecallers would be another good one for me. I like creativity and facts.  Based on what I can tell, Elsecallers deals in both.  It would be so cool to have a quiz for this.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:05 AM, silent_radiant said:

I’d probably be Windrunners.  I’m afraid of heights; only because I’m afraid to fall and hate the feeling of freefalling through the air. With Windrunners, I’d be able to control that. Elsecallers would be another good one for me. I like creativity and facts.  Based on what I can tell, Elsecallers deals in both.  It would be so cool to have a quiz for this.

There is one! I'm a Windrunner.

https://www.playbuzz.com/item/2d32daff-6349-416b-90b0-937f8ae8101f