Is this where I will find mushrooms?

Fenric

I have no interest in mushrooms but my new friend seems a bit kayana for them. 

As this is the introduction section and my first post, it is safe to assume I am new here.

I have been reading (devouring?) Sanderson works for years, And needed a place to do deeper dives, kolo. This seems to be the perfect place.

My enjoyment of Mr Sanderson’s work started with Elantris and I haven’t looked back. I just finished Skyward, and finally working through Warbreaker and white sand. I’m also re-listening to elantris. Don’t judge me.  I look forward to discovering more details and hidden gems of the cosmere.

Now, I need to get back to that mushroom research.

Welcome to the Shard, @Fenric! Glad to have you here, and I can't wait to theorize with you more. :) 

6 hours ago, ILuvHats said:

Who's your favorite cosmere character?

Adding onto this... 

What's your favorite Sanderson book? 

What's your favorite book in general? 

If you could live anywhere in the Cosmere, where would it be? 

What's your opinion on Hoid?

Excellent questions.

Favorite cosmere character?: First reaction is Galladon. Love the temperament. Sazed, Raoden, and Lift are all close.

Favorite Sanderson Book?: A seriously hard question, maybe trick question? If forced to pick one book to read, it would be Elantris. Skyward could take this spot with a few more re-reads. But  overall I rather read the storm light series. 

Favorite Book in General?: Non-fiction I would pick Cadillac Desert and Walkable City, but I’m a urban planner and find these issues interesting. I can’t name a favorite nonfiction book, there are too many and I often go through phases. Some good ones include American gods, Tigana, The hobbit, Chu’s first day, and so on.

If I can live anywhere in the cosmere, where would it be?: I feel like a broken record, but Elantris. The architecture sounds amazing and all the secret areas to explore. I do think purelake life would be nice a relaxing but a bit to rowdy at the moment for my preference.

What are your thoughts on Hoid?: Obviously the mystery of Hoid is captivating and I’m excited read the many theories floating around here on what Hoid main goal is. I haven’t developed my theory. I had always thought he was selfish but when he got the little girl that lost her mom to the family, I have changed my mind. Sorry, you probably wanted something insightful.

what is your favorite Sanderson magic system?: I consider, at the moment, that the cosmere is one magic system with some sub magic on the different worlds. The linking item seems to be investiture (I am severely uneducated in this). As a sub magic, surgebinding is one of my favorites based on the variety of surges. 

Thanks for the thought provoking questions.

Okay. I just finished warbreaker. It was good. Lightsong is a great character. That makes Skyward and Warbreaker completed since January 1, 2019. Not a shabby start to the year.

Warbreaker spoiler warning:

Spoiler

I have no idea how I should feel about his death. I mean, did he just do the worse “white knight” impression ever, get quickly wounded because of his stupidity, and die. I know he gives it away to  save everyone, which I’m not convinced he knew would happen, but it seems is essence that he got stabbed and died. It’s going to take for me to figure how I feel about this.