Invocation

Kandra Worldhopping

12 posts in this topic

Would a kandra have issues trying to leave Scadrial and its Cognitive Realm area due to how heavily Connected it would be to Scadrial, much in the same way as spren have issues leaving Roshar and Cognitive Shadows have issues leaving their respective planets?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think kandra are less connected than spren and CS, so I don't think they would. Or less so, anyway.

There's at least one confirmed worldhopping kandra.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CrazyRioter said:

There's at least one confirmed worldhopping kandra.

That's mostly why I was asking. I was wondering if Harmony figured out another Blessing that got around that, because pewter isn't one of the kandra Blessing metals (I think, even though the Blessing of Potency seems like it should have been Pewter), but that's what ReLuur's spikes were said to be made out of, and I was thinking maybe ReLuur was another explorer that can worldhop if he wants.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hemalurgy works anywhere in the Cosmere, so their spikes would function just fine off world. They'd be all good to leave.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple things worth mentioning:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished fully reading HoA. The Kandra are one of the least Hemalurgically warped death critters the Lord Ruler made, I assume their investedness is similar to an awakener of the 2nd or 3rd heightening. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the appearance of Hunters on Roshar it seems clear that some of the oracles would be scattered across other worlds and to survive in the cognitive realm for extended periods of time without food (except canned, aged, meat). I'm almost certain that the oracles Kaledeen meets at the lighthouse was a kondra. Azures disdain for them makes me think she is one and recognizes most take on that kind of persona.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, Gasper said:

I just finished fully reading HoA. The Kandra are one of the least Hemalurgically warped death critters the Lord Ruler made, I assume their investedness is similar to an awakener of the 2nd or 3rd heightening. 

Least warped? Depends on what generation we're talking about, I suppose, but I'd qualify the First Generation of the Kandra to be the most warped, considering they were human before Rashek Ascended.

21 hours ago, WiseCandle said:

With the appearance of Hunters on Roshar it seems clear that some of the oracles would be scattered across other worlds and to survive in the cognitive realm for extended periods of time without food (except canned, aged, meat). I'm almost certain that the oracles Kaledeen meets at the lighthouse was a kondra. Azures disdain for them makes me think she is one and recognizes most take on that kind of persona.

The oracle at the Rii lighthouse wasn't a kandra. We know who he was from Brandon himself: an Elantrian (that we've seen on-screen within the Elantris book). Plus, he did have some fresh food at least part of the time.

Azure is also not a kandra. She's another character of which we've seen before.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Invocation@Gasper It might be safe to say that the kandra are generally the most warped Realmatically while looking the least warped, at least when in human form. I base this on the fact that we know koloss (post-Catacendre) and Inquisitors are capable of reproducing with humans while Brandon has been back and forth on whether or not it's possible for a kandra and human to have a child together and it's currently a RAFO.

22 hours ago, WiseCandle said:

I'm almost certain that the oracles Kaledeen meets at the lighthouse was a kondra. Azures disdain for them makes me think she is one and recognizes most take on that kind of persona.

As mentioned, we know who both of these people are and neither is from Scadrial. The man in the lighthouse is from Elantris and we didn't even need Brandon to confirm his identity to figure that much out; he swears by 'Merciful Domi' when he realizes Kaladin is Invested. Azure is, as mentioned, very obviously someone we've met before and she's not the only worldhopper from that planet that we've seen in Stormlight Archive... if you don't know who I'm talking about you have a fun and exciting time ahead of you as you read more Cosmere books.

Edited by Weltall
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Invocation said:

Least warped? Depends on what generation we're talking about, I suppose, but I'd qualify the First Generation of the Kandra to be the most warped, considering they were human before Rashek Ascended.

Yes, but not by hemalurgy. Rashek made them directly using his ascension powers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Yes, but not by hemalurgy. Rashek made them directly using his ascension powers.

True, but then altered them further, taking advantage of what he did with the power of the Well, via Hemalurgy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, Invocation said:

True, but then altered them further, taking advantage of what he did with the power of the Well, via Hemalurgy.

Well, but then you need to take the already modified state when you compare to the hemalurgical end state. Which is basically improved mental faculties and a bit of magic compared to a mistwraith. While a Steel Inquisitor has a totally redesigned brain and a Koloss keeps growing and has a radically altered physiology, considering what they can eat.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.