Who would you want to be in the cosmere?

Warden of Storms

Question

13 answers to this question

This is easy: Either Khriss or Hoid because then I'd Know Things, the likes of which I'd give an arm or a leg to know right now. xD

Setting named characters aside, being a member of the in-universe Seventeenth Shard or a scholar in Silverlight would be awesome.

4 minutes ago, Warden of Storms said:

but I don't want to control, destroy or hate.

When you're a Vessel, you really don't get a choice. There's some wiggle-room to interpret the intent of a Shard but you can't get away from the essence of it. And if you're not well-matched with the Shard, you'll get twisted by the intent far worse than if you were. See what happened to Ati compared to how well Rayse is coping with being the embodiment of divine hatred.

Odium = hate.

It's the want to get someone you hate so much and torture them for the rest of their lives. You don't want them to die, you want them to live in pain. And you want to be the cause of that pain.

You can't really be odium without that, I think. I'm not sure of what you mean when you say that that is why you want to be a part of odium.

That's actually my theory on why odium never manages to destroy the world. It's more like he doesn't want the world to end, because if the world ends, then the desolations end. And he doesn't want the desolations to end.

If I were anyone in the cosmere, I'd want to be one of the Elantrians that still has their sanity. Maybe Raoden? That's if I can't be an Elantrian who lived during the golden age of Elantris.

Can I say Fullborn?  Because Id really like to be Fullborn...of the 5th heightening?

The increased perception of the Heightenings are intensely attractive to me, the 5th gives you a nice immortality without the catches involved in Atium Compounding, and I suspect that Compounding Fortune would get you most of the Cosmic Awareness of the accomplished Worldhoppers.

I wouldnt want to be Returned because of the need for a constant Investiture diet, wouldnt want to be location-locked by anything Selish, and I'd hesitant to commit to any of the Ideals without knowing more details.

I'd like to be a double bronze Twinborn, with at least the third Heightening.

Awakening is the most beautiful of the systems, in that it literally causes you to see the beauty in everything.

As for double bronze, I have insomnia, so being able to sleep or not as I choose would be fantastic.

Plus there's the synergy as far as sensing magic use. It seems to me that holding Breaths allows you to sense innate Investiture (which is what Breath seems to be), while Allomantic Bronze allows you to sense kinetic Investiture.

I actually think about this kinda thing a lot. For me there's a pain factor - I don't want to be someone who is slammed around a bunch. So I think I'd wanna be Breeze because he's there for the action and he's fun. I don't really care about power in these sort of things. What matters is the people I'd meet. 

Really just anyone of the 5th Heighting, Born on Nalthis. Bc then you get agelessness and Nalthis is pretty Cosmere aware and you could go about and travel the cosmere. It's said that people on Nalthis even have a customs office to transfer to Nalthis in Shadesmar. So you could do that and then go around with some hemulrgic spikes if you really need anything else then living forever.