Lightweaving potentials

Watchcry

Yesterday I had a feeling, you know how Kaladin's surges combined allows him to fly. Well what if a lightweavers surges combined allows them to create real things, not illusions? She can soul cast blood, flesh ect and make an illumination of a person and make another human being. Truthwatchers would do something similar but more nature wise. Which correlate to each orders soulcasting properties and essences. I think lasers are possible as like hand beams but probably not in the way of laser guns as in on some other thread) 

Hope this makes sense

3 hours ago, cubelith said:

This has already been asked here. Also, how does Kaladin need Adhesion to fly? Isn't his "flying" based only on Gravitation?

It is. Skybreakers can also fall in a direction of their choice due to binding Gravitation, there is some kind of difference in their "flight" though. (based on a comment by Peter on Discord, he prefers Windrunner style)

Oh, I get it, they use it for sharper turns and more control, as they can increase the air resistance. I still don't know how it's connected to holding off the highstorm, which some people think it is the case. And yeah, I know there are the Resonances between two different uses of Investiture.

3 minutes ago, cubelith said:

Oh, I get it, they use it for sharper turns and more control, as they can increase the air resistance. I still don't know how it's connected to holding off the highstorm, which some people think it is the case. And yeah, I know there are the Resonances between two different uses of Investiture.

Adhesion is the surge of vacuum and pressure. There are many possibilities of how exactly he created a windbreak considering this.

10 hours ago, Eris said:

Yesterday I had a feeling, you know how Kaladin's surges combined allows him to fly. Well what if a lightweavers surges combined allows them to create real things, not illusions? She can soul cast blood, flesh ect and make an illumination of a person and make another human being. Truthwatchers would do something similar but more nature wise. Which correlate to each orders soulcasting properties and essences. I think lasers are possible as like hand beams but probably not in the way of laser guns as in on some other thread) 

Hope this makes sense

Yeah Windrunners don't need a combination of the two to fly but I agree with the Lightweaver comment. I was thinking that a a Truthwatcher could take a fruit seed, use illumination to serve as sunlight and the regrowth surge to speed up the growth. Granted a Lightweaver could just soulcast food but still. 

• Chaos locked this topic