Jaywalk

Is Season 14 the last?

8 posts in this topic

I was listening to Episode 14.01, and Brandon said that the worldbuilding season is the end of their five-season arc. Does this mean it's the last season of the podcast, or are they just doing something new for Season 15?

I don't think this is The End. More like stormlight archive five books arc.

Maybe Brandon like the number 5?

Nah, no way Brandon is going to let this thing go until at least season 16

You’ve got a point there.

Exsqueeze me?! The end?!?! Never!!!!

I hope not, I powered through 9 seasons in two months and I'm already bummed about having to slow down so I don't catch all the way up too soon :-)

Yeah, I only got on pace about 6/7 months ago. I really enjoy only having one podcast a week to listen to, helps me make more progress with all my other podcasts :lol: 

I'd be really surprised if the podcasts stopped. They've built something that has a real following, not to mention what I imagine is some commercial viability, in that they have produced and sold a book on the back of the cast, and also have the retreat cruises. I would guess what would happen is that the founders my variously step back, as they started to do in recent years, and have more guests presenters. I think it's notable that the recent cast on writing disability did not feature any of the founders. For obvious reasons, but it could be a model for the future, even a test.

I suppose they could introduce sponsorship so that WE was paying its way. Whatever the case, I'd be really surprised if they stopped WE now, provided the audience is not 'falling off'.