Am I The Only One That...

Dalakaar

Here's a home for those ideas that start with:

Am I The Only One That...

Feel free to finish the sentence. :)

Who knows, maybe you aren't the only one! (Or maybe you are but it's good to find these things out early. I think...)

I'll start.

[OB Spoilery goodness]

Spoiler

Am I The Only One That... kinda wanted Dalinar to become the Champion? The epic level fallout would've been a helluva read.

4 minutes ago, Eris said:

Am I the only one who wanted Kaladin to stay with his family when he found them again?

Definitely not, could have stayed longer - but I guess chasing Voidbringers is somewhat important (The look of Laral's face was gold though as she realized he is some kind of small godly being - wished for little more dialogue after that :D - but kaladin would probably have messed it up anyway so hell of an exit)

10 minutes ago, Void89 said:

Definitely not, could have stayed longer - but I guess chasing Voidbringers is somewhat important (The look of Laral's face was gold though as she realized he is some kind of small godly being - wished for little more dialogue after that :D - but kaladin would probably have messed it up anyway so hell of an exit)

That look wasn't enough.

Am I the only one who wanted the look on Laral's face to be even more... I don't know how to describe it... annoyed, angry? More shade throwing

5 minutes ago, HSuperLee said:

Am I the only one that really likes the skybreakers?

I'm a fan of the Skybreakers. I don't agree with them 100%, but I can respect the fact that they feel justified and fulfilled by doing what they're doing.

Am I the only one that hopes that Kaladin gets his Plate mid-self sacrifice (like as he's jumping in front of a weapon that's about to kill someone)?

3 hours ago, Dalakaar said:

Hide contents

Am I The Only One That... kinda wanted Dalinar to become the Champion? The epic level fallout would've been a helluva read.

By the way, Dalakaar (and anyone else who didn't know), there's no more need to block out Oathbringer spoilers in the Stormlight Archive board, or mark them in the thread titles. OB spoilers are past their expiration! ;) 

Use spoiler markings on this board when talking about significant events from other series, like if for whatever reason, talking about Mistborn or Warbreaker or what-have-you. 

Now that being said, I was also expecting Dalinar to actually become the Champion! I was genuinely surprised when he managed not to do it. I like how it turned out, but you're right, I think it would have been really interesting to see what would have happened there.

33 minutes ago, Greywatch said:

Now that being said, I was also expecting Dalinar to actually become the Champion! I was genuinely surprised when he managed not to do it. I like how it turned out, but you're right, I think it would have been really interesting to see what would have happened there.

3 hours ago, Dalakaar said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but in case you guys weren't aware, Overlord Jebus wrote a really good fan fiction describing this exact scenario.  I'd highly recommend reading it if you haven't already.  

3 minutes ago, Solomonster said:

Am I the only one who thinks Kaladin stabbing Szeth through the chest  was way cooler than slicing through his hand and wishes that Brandon had kept the first version?

I agree with you, Kaladin full on obliterating Szeth like that was so cool.

14 minutes ago, Solomonster said:

Am I the only one who thinks Kaladin stabbing Szeth through the chest  was way cooler than slicing through his hand and wishes that Brandon had kept the first version?

I got the original version at a signing when it came out and had no idea that he retconned it until after Oathbringer came out. The new version feels weird to me, but I did wonder how Nale was able to heal Szeth without lurking right there in the stormwall waiting to heal Szeth as soon as Kaladin killed him

Am I the only one that DOESN'T want one of the Main Front Five to die before the end of the series in some heroic sacrifice. I mean, I get it, they can't be a Spotlight Stealing Squad, but there are other ways to handle that. Put them in places where our viewpoint characters don't interact with them; make them mentors or secondary characters; make them evil! Having them sacrifice themselves is great and all, but at this point, what good would it do?

1 minute ago, IllNsickly said:

Am I the only one hoping that Kaladin makes it through the whole series with absolutely no romantic attachments?

Nope! I'd like that too.

I'm picturing something happening with Tarah next book but ultimately leading to Kaladin just relying on himself.