I am rereading Mistborn!!!

Winds Alight

So, it's been almost nine years since I read MB for the first time ... and now, it's time for a reread.
MB was among my favourite fantasy series from the very beginning and Kelsier was really keeping up with my favourite fantasy character of all time.

Now I'm SO excited to return to this world! I forgot so much it's almost as if I've never read the books before, I actually recognize almost no single character except Vin, Kelsier and Dox. (Some didn't show up yet like Marsh and Sazed.)

Also, I haven't read era 2 yet, which means I have SIX BOOKS (and Secret History) waiting for me to (re)discover. I wonder how long it's gonna take me to get through all these. Will I be done when eastern comes around? Or sooner?
I read all three Stormlight books within three weeks lately, but that was an exception ... I'll try to read at least one book each ten days!

Now let me just sit here a bit and scream how much I love Kelsier.

K E L S I E R !

5 hours ago, Winds Alight said:

I'm already almost halfway through TFE!

Q uick question for when I'm through with era 1: I haven't read era 2 nor Secret History so far. With which should I start?

It's really up to you. I was told not to read SH until after BoM, but I couldn't handle it. I picked it up about halfway through and I was not disappointed. I don't think it matters. 

I guess I'll start with era 2 then ^^

I'm nearing the end of TFE and Im shocked how much I forgot. I have NOW memory of Yeden getting the army killed off. Zero. Not even while I was reading it did any of it sound familiar.
And I can remember WoA and HoA even less! It's as if I'm reading a trilogy I've never read before but have been spoilered about who will die. :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Winds Alight said:

I guess I'll start with era 2 then ^^

I'm nearing the end of TFE and Im shocked how much I forgot. I have NOW memory of Yeden getting the army killed off. Zero. Not even while I was reading it did any of it sound familiar.
And I can remember WoA and HoA even less! It's as if I'm reading a trilogy I've never read before but have been spoilered about who will die. :rolleyes:

You know, sometimes I think it'd be nice to wipe the slate clean and read something over. 

I'd love most to unread the spoilers concerning era 2 and Kelsier I accidentally stumbled across, both on this site and on Tumblr. :rolleyes:

I'm nearing the end of TFE. Will definitely finish it tonight. Had to stop reading and go to sleep last night. Right in the middle of Kell's fight with the Inquisitor. D:

Edited by Winds Alight

Just finished reread of Era 1 myself, moving onto Era 2 for the wild wild west humor of it :) My initial motivation was Wax&Wayne 4, then read State of Sanderson 2018 and slumped a bit (2020-2021, like.. really?!)

I have to say that for a second read it was such a treat. All the tibids of information and crafty wording that you notice right from book one. Everything placed in order to get just enough foreshadowing for events at the end of trilogy - that's craftsmanship.

4 hours ago, Winds Alight said:

I just read the part where Kelsier fights the Inquisitor and then meets the Lord Ruler. During my break at work and I have to wait a few hours until I get home and can read the rest. I mean, I already read the book and I knew what was coming, but I still didn't like it. :wacko:

The most epic one of them all! I don't know about you but my lasting impression of this part is always that it is perfect for cinema. Hell, when reading it again I was amazed of how short it actually was in comparison to my memory of it. It's just so well written that my brain burnt the entire scene into my mind with Hollywood details.

4 hours ago, Morindal said:

The most epic one of them all! I don't know about you but my lasting impression of this part is always that it is perfect for cinema. Hell, when reading it again I was amazed of how short it actually was in comparison to my memory of it. It's just so well written that my brain burnt the entire scene into my mind with Hollywood details.

I'm completely with you on this one. There was a very particular scene in which the Inquisitor threw one of the empty cages at Kelsier and Kell jumped in, holding himself in place within it so he wouldn't be smashed against its bars. At that moment I thought "man would I love to see this visualized".
Brandon has a thing for scenes like these ...

Anyway, I'm through with TFE. Tomorrow ot's time to move to book 2. I want to finish this within the month so I can get to HoA and then finally read era 2. I'm getting hyped good for that.

And: Remember to smile!

Edited by Winds Alight

I just read the Mistborn series for the first time. They are some of the best books I have read and I am glad that you are enjoying them for a second time as much as the first.  These are the kinds of books I could reread every three years for the rest of my life and never get board. Kelsier is cool. 

Edited by ElendVenture

9 hours ago, TheOoklaThatComesBefore said:

I'm holding off on a re-read of Mistborn for a bit. I'm still pretty salty about the delay of  Wax & Wayne 4, so it wouldn't be good for my blood pressure :lol:

You obviously dont know the value of a Magic: The Gathering novella. In fact, I think he devote himself to only writing free Magic stories for the rest of his career.:D