Order of Skybreakers page typo

Dizzy

4 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Guys and gals... ignore this. I am a moron and forgot that wikis can be updated by anyone and not a specific crew. Anyone know if it is possible to delete a topic? I am still brand new here.

Deleting topics is something that generally doesn't happen. (I tried once, and got a grand total of nowhere). We just ignore the threads that dead-end.

Just now, Invocation said:

Deleting topics is something that generally doesn't happen. (I tried once, and got a grand total of nowhere). We just ignore the threads that dead-end.

Awesome. Also apparently I was wrong about Szeth in the first place. Basically the wiki was giving an example of what the Fourth Ideal would sound like coming from Szeth, not referencing him actually saying it.

1 minute ago, Dizzy said:

Awesome. Also apparently I was wrong about Szeth in the first place. Basically the wiki was giving an example of what the Fourth Ideal would sound like coming from Szeth, not referencing him actually saying it.

Yeah, Szeth hasn't said it to Dalinar yet (that's going to be interesting) which is probably why it's not there.

We definitely encourage anyone to edit @Dizzy. Thanks for making an account and <considering> making the change yourself!

The Skybreaker's 4th Ideal is strange. Whether Szeth's statement in OB can be taken as the actual oath or not, I think the general consensus is that it isn't "fulfilled" in the way normal Ideals are by speaking it. That is to say, it seems like a 3rd Ideal Skybreaker has to actually do what they swear they will do before they are "of the 4th Ideal." When the Ideals are explained, Szeth is told that he must "undertake a personal quest and complete it." That completion seems to be a necessary component before Szeth advances.

On 1/7/2019 at 0:18 AM, Jofwu said:

We definitely encourage anyone to edit @Dizzy. Thanks for making an account and <considering> making the change yourself!

The Skybreaker's 4th Ideal is strange. Whether Szeth's statement in OB can be taken as the actual oath or not, I think the general consensus is that it isn't "fulfilled" in the way normal Ideals are by speaking it. That is to say, it seems like a 3rd Ideal Skybreaker has to actually do what they swear they will do before they are "of the 4th Ideal." When the Ideals are explained, Szeth is told that he must "undertake a personal quest and complete it." That completion seems to be a necessary component before Szeth advances.

That said, wouldn't it suck if you are just about to finish your quest, but something happens where a certain sudden burst of power would help you accomplish your goal (a la Kaladin with the bridgemen at the tower), but since you cannot get said burst of power without accomplishing your goal, you are just shy of it and then fail. 

12 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

That said, wouldn't it suck if you are just about to finish your quest, but something happens where a certain sudden burst of power would help you accomplish your goal (a la Kaladin with the bridgemen at the tower), but since you cannot get said burst of power without accomplishing your goal, you are just shy of it and then fail. 

I think one character in particular from Oathbringer would agree with you...