Mistborn characters in Hogwarts

Kyats Rani

Hey :)

This may not be exactly a discussion about the Mistborn books per se, but just a fun question that I sorta need for fanfiction writing purposes. That said, if I put the thread in a wrong place on the forum, I apologize and definitely don't object to it being moved accordingly. Same goes for using wrong tags, I've no idea how to tag properly.

Anyway, if you were to sort the characters from Mistborn series (and that includes Wax and Wayne series, because I love those guys) into Hogwarts houses from Harry Potter, how would it go?

Personally, I'm only sure that Elend and Sazed would fit in Ravenclaw and Breeze maybe in Slytherin, though I'm very open to all suggestions. I'm actually completely torn whether Kelsier is a Gryffindor (stupidly brave hero type) or Slytherin (you can not tell me he wasn't very cunning and VERY ambitious with his grand plan). So, if you have a free while to wonder about this or if you already have any opinion on the subject, I'd gladly hear them.

Again, don't take this too seriously, it's really just for fun and maybe to wonder about which values the characters mostly represent and what makes them tick... Anyway, I eagerly wait for any ansers! ;)

I've totally thought about this before! (I mean, Shard of Thought, I think about everything) And yeah, I agree. As for Kelsier (don't judge) I may have signed out of my Pottermore account to take the sorting quiz for him and he was a Gryffindor. But how knows? My friend like to complain that the houses are too general anyway. If Kelsier was in the world of Harry Potter, that would kinda be up to the Sorting Hat and how he felt that day. I can see Ham in Hufflepuff. Spook too, though he'd also fit pretty well in Gryffindor. 

6 hours ago, Kyats Rani said:

Personally, I'm only sure that Elend and Sazed would fit in Ravenclaw and Breeze maybe in Slytherin, though I'm very open to all suggestions

These are the only two houses I like, and I say the same.

I think Vin would be a Gryffindor and regarding the Kelsier matter i'm fairly sure he would be a Slytherin.

10 hours ago, Kyats Rani said:

Anyway, if you were to sort the characters from Mistborn series (and that includes Wax and Wayne series, because I love those guys) into Hogwarts houses from Harry Potter, how would it go?

Wax would be somewhere between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and i can see Wayne in Hufflepuff

Also i think there is a case to be made for Sazed in Hufflepuff instead of Ravenclaw, but either would work

Edited by Xavier Iriarte

41 minutes ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

I think Vin would be a Gryffindor and regarding the Kelsier matter i'm fairly sure he would be a Slytherin.

Controversial opinion, but I never really liked Vin much, so can't truly say for her. You may be right though. As for Kelsier he's such a mix, he'd either be a very Gryffindorish Slytherin or a very Slytherinish Gryffindor. Personally I'd put him with the snakes too, but I may be biased, since I'm apparently a Slytherin myself and Kell's my favourite :D

44 minutes ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

Wax would be somewhere between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and i can see Wayne in Hufflepuff

Yup, Wax is hard, same for Marasi. I guess Wax is slightly more Gryff and Marasi slightly more Claw (considering his past in the Roughs). Wayne though? He is very loyal, especially to Wax, a bit less on the hardworking part. With his conman persona, sneakiness and the way he plays his 'roles' he could make a very good Slytherin (then again, personal bias, I love Wayne too). But then again, as a Puff he would fit in with characters such as Tonks from Potterverse... Also Steris is definitely a Ravenclaw.

49 minutes ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

Also i think there is a case to be made for Sazed in Hufflepuff instead of Ravenclaw, but either would work

Personally I believe that all Terris people from first trilogy (Sazed, Tindwyl) would be in Ravenclaws since they focus so much on gathering and understanding knowledge.

6 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

I can see Ham in Hufflepuff. Spook too, though he'd also fit pretty well in Gryffindor. 

Ham is a Puff, but Spook does strike me more as a Gryffindor, shy and unimposing at first, but very courageous and badass in the end (kind of like Neville Longbottom).

Any idea on Dox? I admit, he escapes me completely. Marsh too is a bit ambiguous, though propably Slytherin. It's scary that this is the house I'd sort most of them into, since I also think it would fit Allrianne (spoiled girl from old family, sneaky enough to hide being a Rioter, has agendas, even if it's mostly seducing Breeze, and is not as ditzy as she seems at first glance - cunning and ambitious indeed).

1 hour ago, Kyats Rani said:

Any idea on Dox? I admit, he escapes me completely. Marsh too is a bit ambiguous, though propably Slytherin. It's scary that this is the house I'd sort most of them into, since I also think it would fit Allrianne (spoiled girl from old family, sneaky enough to hide being a Rioter, has agendas, even if it's mostly seducing Breeze, and is not as ditzy as she seems at first glance - cunning and ambitious indeed).

Well i always thought Dox was the smart one of the group, so i'd say Ravenclaw.

As for Marsh i'd actually say he is Gryffindor, he is very noble and brave, he accepted becoming an inquisitor for the good of the plan and ultimately of the world. All of the bad stuff he did was under control of Ruin. But admitedly those 2 houses seem almost interchangeable

I feel like Kelsier's house is something that needs to be asked of Brandon. I vote Slytherin though.

3 hours ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

As for Marsh i'd actually say he is Gryffindor, he is very noble and brave, he accepted becoming an inquisitor for the good of the plan and ultimately of the world. All of the bad stuff he did was under control of Ruin. But admitedly those 2 houses seem almost interchangeable

Marsh is a Gryffindor for sure. He's completely selfless and probably the bravest character out of all the protagonists.

Vin would kill the sorting hat before it could sort her.

Breeze and Allrianne are both Slytherin.

Ham and Spook are Puffs.

Saze, Elend and Dox are Claws.

Clubs is Filch.

12 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

I feel like Kelsier's house is something that needs to be asked of Brandon. I vote Slytherin though.

Marsh is a Gryffindor for sure. He's completely selfless and probably the bravest character out of all the protagonists.

Ham and Spook are Puffs.

Clubs is Filch.

I literally agree with everything you just said

18 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Ham and Spook are Puffs.

Clubs is Filch.

I have a very little chance of ever getting to ask Brandon this, but if anyone would, I'd be curious to know :)

Kelsier in Slytherin and Marsh in Gryffindor would be brilliant. On the first glance (considering their reputations and so on) it would seem that it should be the other way around, but if you get to know them better it all makes sense :D

You killed me with Clubs as Filch. (I read Mistborn so long ago I barely remember Clubs, but that line would be hilarious anyway)

Overall, I totally agree with you on all counts. I mean, I do like the thought of Spook being a Gryffindor, but he would make a wonderful Puff too.

Also, Dox could propably be part-goblin since he handles the money (my friend made this joke...)

Would kandra be allowed to be students at Hogwarts? Or would they be considered a 'magical creature'? Because if we're sorting them, I'd say MeLaan to Gryffindor and TenSoon... Hufflepuff maybe?

1 hour ago, Kyats Rani said:

I have a very little chance of ever getting to ask Brandon this, but if anyone would, I'd be curious to know :)

Kelsier in Slytherin and Marsh in Gryffindor would be brilliant. On the first glance (considering their reputations and so on) it would seem that it should be the other way around, but if you get to know them better it all makes sense :D

You killed me with Clubs as Filch. (I read Mistborn so long ago I barely remember Clubs, but that line would be hilarious anyway)

Overall, I totally agree with you on all counts. I mean, I do like the thought of Spook being a Gryffindor, but he would make a wonderful Puff too.

Also, Dox could propably be part-goblin since he handles the money (my friend made this joke...)

Would kandra be allowed to be students at Hogwarts? Or would they be considered a 'magical creature'? Because if we're sorting them, I'd say MeLaan to Gryffindor and TenSoon... Hufflepuff maybe?

Good call on Dox being a goblin, I think Elend would agree.

As for TenSoon, if only there was someone at the school that turned into a dog.. hmmm.

Harry Potter Spoilers I guess.

Spoiler

OH MY GOD. Dumbledore is Preservation. He sacrificed himself to save the students and left his power (the Elder Wand) in the hands of a Slytherin until the true hero could claim it.

AAAHHHHHHHH. Kings Cross happens in the Cognitive realm.

Help my head is exploding.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

Now, what is The Lord Ruler then? He was incredibly intelligent with his plan, probably far smarter than any non-Shard at the time. The whole Atium plan was amazing. It could be Ravenclaw.

He, in the end, did everything for a greater cause, to prevent Ruin from taking over, to banish the Deepness, that whole Atium plan that ended up killing Ruin. It could be Gryffindor.

But then again, he did enslave a world of people, so he could be Slytherin.

What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Now, what is The Lord Ruler then? He was incredibly intelligent with his plan, probably far smarter than any non-Shard at the time. The whole Atium plan was amazing. It could be Ravenclaw.

He, in the end, did everything for a greater cause, to prevent Ruin from taking over, to banish the Deepness, that whole Atium plan that ended up killing Ruin. It could be Gryffindor.

But then again, he did enslave a world of people, so he could be Slytherin.

What do you guys think?

Ok, you're making my head hurt now... I was thinking about it, and at some point I decided it would be wonderfully ironic to have him as Gryffindor, but then I realized I don't remember the original Mistborn books as well as I should, so it's hard to say. But the idea of Lord Ruler being a magical Dark Lord coming from the house of supposed 'good guys' is too brilliant to pass up.

Then again, Slytherin is ambition and cunning, and he's got those for sure. And the Ravenclaw intelligence. The only house he couldn't get to would be Hufflepuff. Can we just send him to Durmstrang?

1 hour ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

As for TenSoon, if only there was someone at the school that turned into a dog.. hmmm

TenSoon as Sirius Black. They were even the same type of a dog I think (big, black, shaggy). Though I do see him potentially working as Fluffy (from Philosopher's Stone).

1 hour ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Harry Potter Spoilers I guess.

Hide contents

OH MY GOD. Dumbledore is Preservation. He sacrificed himself to save the students and left his power (the Elder Wand) in the hands of a Slytherin until the true hero could claim it.

AAAHHHHHHHH. Kings Cross happens in the Cognitive realm.

Help my head is exploding.

Spoiler

I call Gellert Grindelwald as Ruin (Voldy was nowhere near cool enough). Snape as Reen? The one who seemed to be a total douchebag but turns out there was more to him?

1 minute ago, Kyats Rani said:

Ok, you're making my head hurt now... I was thinking about it, and at some point I decided it would be wonderfully ironic to have him as Gryffindor, but then I realized I don't remember the original Mistborn books as well as I should, so it's hard to say. But the idea of Lord Ruler being a magical Dark Lord coming from the house of supposed 'good guys' is too brilliant to pass up.

Then again, Slytherin is ambition and cunning, and he's got those for sure. And the Ravenclaw intelligence. The only house he couldn't get to would be Hufflepuff. Can we just send him to Durmstrang?

TenSoon as Sirius Black. They were even the same type of a dog I think (big, black, shaggy). Though I do see him potentially working as Fluffy (from Philosopher's Stone).

Hide contents

I call Gellert Grindelwald as Ruin (Voldy was nowhere near cool enough). Snape as Reen? The one who seemed to be a total douchebag but turns out there was more to him?

I was going to Grindelwald TLR.. for the greater good just feels like him.

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic