lighting

Chicken on Scadrial Era 2?

Question

First post here, hello and happy new year to you all!

I am currently rereading the Alloy of Law. And I started pondering on Waxilliums sentence "I've been chasing chickens this entire time" ... (The Alloy of Law, Epilogue, end of second paragraph).

I made a search on the coppermind for chickens - nothing there saying anything about Scadrial ... Same on the Arcanum ... and found nothing here in the cosmere q&a forum, the cosmere theories and the Mistborn forums as well.

I know of "chicken" as a substitute word for bird on Roshar. Is this a similar thing or are there real chickens on Scadrial? Or is the whole sentence simply a proverb, translated from their language to english?

4 answers to this question

Scadrial is the cosmere's Earth-analogue, so it's going to have basically our flora and fauna.

Remember that Sazed basically had a record of all the old flora and fauna on the planet, and the power to recreate them, so by era 2, I would expect that the Chickens to be standard.

As Kurk said, Scadrial is basically the cosmere "Earth" so anything you can find on Earth, you're going to find on Scadrial. Chickens, dolphins, whales, insects, bees, and so forth.

Thank you for your answers - Obviously I did not know about this yet.