Death and the Cognitive Realm:

When a player loses their last life, they pass to the Cognitive Realm - a doc for dead players to talk together. Their Roles and Faction are revealed,

And maybe Ruin is in their faction.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Also, good.  I am not allowed to confirm/deny my identity, but I can hint!

Edited by Indigo Weasel

Just now, Indigo Weasel said:

And maybe Ruin is in their faction.

Just because Ruin may be in their faction is no reason to go after them. That would provide insight as to Ruin's actions, and you wouldn't want to share that kind of info. Axolotl is fully justified in keeping some information back.

In general, I am taking a pretty cooperative attitude to the beginning of this game. I would have nothing against working with Ruin or the faction Ruin belongs too at this point in the game.

Just now, Saffron Iguana said:

Just because Ruin may be in their faction is no reason to go after them. That would provide insight as to Ruin's actions, and you wouldn't want to share that kind of info. Axolotl is fully justified in keeping some information back.

In general, I am taking a pretty cooperative attitude to the beginning of this game. I would have nothing against working with Ruin or the faction Ruin belongs too at this point in the game.

Neither would I.

Hey, would you be willing to work with, um, 

any Shards?

16 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

The only thing I would question here, is why wasnt Ruin on your list then? Ruin didn't blow up a shardworld.

When someone dies, what faction they belong to is revealed.

For the reason that ruin worldhopped. 

Thank you

9 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

I will share that which will benefit many win conditions, including my own. I will not share that which only benefits my own. 

7 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Neither would I.

any Shards?

For the time being, yes. 

9 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Neither would I.

any Shards?

I am getting the impression you have one in mind that you are truly asking about? Perhaps Odium.

However I, like Axolotl (ninja'd), would say yes. I have no issue with working with someone as long as it is mutually beneficial.

2 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

I don't even know what this argument is about anymore.

Axolotl is claiming that the Shards(again, Ambition, Ruin, Autonomy) without anything better to do with their actions this cycle did not in fact Invest in Yolen. Instead, one of two Shards who absolutely could have given away useful Investment roles(Forger and Unmade) decided to Invest in Yolen. Axolotl also claims to know that Ruin worldhopped, which, while a useful thing for Ruin to do with a day action, is not information that is publicly known.

17 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

For one turn. The night is typically more effective to use that action.

Since there isn't anything in the rules suggesting that anyone could start with roles that would make it useful to take two actions tonight, it can be assumed that any Shards using a bonus action would do so during the day. 

10 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Maybe I do.

Or maybe I said might because I was guessing based on them having Cultivation.  

Or maybe my wincon is compatible with almost every faction.

I'll ask my factionmates if I can tell you my wincon.

I doubt your wincon is compatible with every faction otherwise you wouldn’t have signalled Cultivation in particular.

So, you’re assuming that Cultivation’s faction’s wincon has something to do with Cultivation. But why? Unless you have a Shard in your faction and your faction has a wincon similair to that Shard.

As for Yolen, I find it interesting that someone would already try to Invest in Yolen, and seeing how lots of people don’t want Yolen come to be (and assuming some of them are Vessels) I don’t see how Yolen will actually come into creation.

Maybe it’s a wincon related thing. Like they want to have control over creation over the planets or something similar to that.

2 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

I doubt your wincon is compatible with every faction otherwise you wouldn’t have signalled Cultivation in particular.

It is possible that their wincon is compatible with all factions, but this could tell us more about the style of play the players in that faction have.

It is also possible Cultivation could get in the way of their wincon, so they want to learn about Cultivation and their faction to learn who to target first.

1 minute ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

Yes, but anyone with the Elantrian role could’ve done the same. So unless you were in a particular rush, I don’t see how that would factor.

For one round.  Then it would close.

Also, the people in my faction doc are mostly in a different timezone, so I can't really talk to anyone.-_-  Basically, I am just doing a bunch of random stuff in-thread because everyone else has a role in The PlanTM, so my role is just to do whatever and try to ally with people.

I'd be fine with any contact.  If Culty could get me a pm with either of the two who are willing to work with others, that would potentially be even better than a pm with a representative. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Pity.

A tally I’ve been keeping shows that Weasel and Axolotl have outposted everyone else combined this cycle. Well done? I guess? to you two. :P Glad you’re active at least. We need more people to show up. 

Regarding the discussion they’d been having, I don’t have terribly much to say. I get the feeling Axolotl was phishing for reactions, claiming to know information on Shards that they don’t actually possess. As they aren’t on my world at the moment, I don’t know if there’s been exchange of information that resulted in Axolotl gaining a bevy of knowledge somehow, but either way unless he presents more conclusive evidence I’ll likely be doing analysis of my own regarding who Invested in Yolen. My first guess is Ambition, which couldn’t use an Investment Role or their other Day Shardic ability, and so began to charge Yolen up. I’d also place myself in the anti-Yolen camp, as such a potent center of power will a. likely get Ruined in short order and b. make the intricacies of the planetary system a lot less interesting, in my opinion. A lot of the game seems to be designed around balancing different people on different worlds, and it’d be sad to lose this challenge to something like Yolen which oversimplifies the game. 

56 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Axolotl is claiming that the Shards(again, Ambition, Ruin, Autonomy) without anything better to do with their actions this cycle did not in fact Invest in Yolen. Instead, one of two Shards who absolutely could have given away useful Investment roles(Forger and Unmade) decided to Invest in Yolen. Axolotl also claims to know that Ruin worldhopped, which, while a useful thing for Ruin to do with a day action, is not information that is publicly known.

Since there isn't anything in the rules suggesting that anyone could start with roles that would make it useful to take two actions tonight, it can be assumed that any Shards using a bonus action would do so during the day. 

I now see why my assumption was flawed.  To counter Zebra though, I based everything I said in the thread off of facts. No lies. No guesses. I, unfortunately, rashly forgot that shards can only use their shardic ability once even with an extra action available. 

Irregardless, I am willing to work with any faction because I’m assuming my faction’s win condition is compatible with most if not all others. Lmk if you’re interested. 

5 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

For one round.  Then it would close.

Also, the people in my faction doc are mostly in a different timezone, so I can't really talk to anyone.-_-  Basically, I am just doing a bunch of random stuff in-thread because everyone else has a role in The PlanTM, so my role is just to do whatever and try to ally with people.

I'd be fine with any contact.  If Culty could get me a pm with either of the two who are willing to work with others, that would potentially be even better than a pm with a representative. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Pity.

I guess that makes sense for now.

And to Quartz, agreed. Though I think with the amount of people who don’t want Yolen, the planet will probably just never get created anyway, since it needs at least 4 different Shards’ Investiture in it.

Anyone want to RP? I’m sort of wandering around here.

——————(R.P)—————-

“End of the world!” The homeless man yelled. “It’s the end of the world!”

Exvee stepped closer. “Isn’t there more than one world?”

The homeless man seemed surprised someone had noticed him. “Er, yeah. It’s the end of the Cosmere! End of the Cosmere.”

“But... why?”

“Uh, why? Shards, kid. Shards.”

“See, everyone mentions Shards like their gods or something, but no one stops to explain. What, are they like Kandra or something?”

“Eh- I mean - no! You honestly have no idea what Shards are?”

“Well, the name gives me a hint, so not exactly no idea.”

The homeless man looked disbelieving. “Autonomy?” He said quietly. “Survival? Odium? You never heard of them?”

Exvee shook his head, looking to a semi-empty bar. “Nah. You know what, I’m probably just going to get a drink. Shards are confusing, especially when you start naming them after emotions, like they’re spren one something.”

With that he wandered over to the bar, opened the door, and stepped inside.

50 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

What can I say, I'm bored! :D

Speaking of Ambition, the Cognitive doc ability has some interesting implications.  Maybe people could bribe Ambition to deliver a message?

@A Joe in the Bush Can dead people still view their faction doc, even if they can't edit it?

You are asking the right questions. PAFO!

1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

You are asking the right questions. PAFO!

Guess we'll have to kill someone and find out! Also, I don't know what to think about Yolen, except that now one shard has started it, others will jump on it faster than a rogue bandwagon. :lol:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A man slowly started to wake up from his nap and looked around. "What is going on?" He asks very confused. "Why am I not in Silverlight? Storms! What was I doing before I just showed up here?" He starts pacing and few people give him weird looks. "That's right! I was tracking down my bounty, almost had him too. I wish I hadn't fallen asleep." He looks wistfully at the bounty paper he had pulled out of his bag.

He starts walking down the streets his hands in his pockets. "Hey! Finally, you're awake. I have been trying to warn you that the shards have begun a new war!" A spren pops out from one of Schane's pockets. "Really, another war? Maybe I'll get the chance to kill a shard Zentha." Zentha takes on the form of a young man and then gives him a look of horror. "Don't worry Zentha, it can't be that hard, right?" They continue their journey through the city, after all that comes before destination.