Huh. I missed people voting on me. What a shame.
I don't see how it matters whether you know my alignment or not (I'll grant that I am part of one of the 5-6 player factions and am not a single person faction). Most inter-faction alliances are fixed. I do not intend to act as an indpendent agent and I will be aligning with my own factions intents. You just don't know what I'll specifically be doing, but knowing my faction does not tell you any more about what my faction itself is doing. 

When does the night end? The timing looks off. 

(This post was made in a rush. I'll make a better post, if at all later. )

1 minute ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

When does the night end? The timing looks off. 

(This post was made in a rush. I'll make a better post, if at all later. )

The night ends at the same time it always has. We just switched to reporting in Pacific time instead of mountain time, to avoid annoying midnight mixups.

48 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

I know who has Odium now. If you want you can ask me, and I'll try to deliver the message. 

If you're planning to allow Utility Company to win, then the game will almost certainly end tonight. Do you plan to stand in the way of GLaDOS and the other faction that could win tonight? Is it actually possible for your faction to win tonight with the aid of other factions?

Obviously please do not Sign in or post with your Anon Accounts any more. I will be going through and deleting all the PM's and changing the passwords tomorrow. Everyone who posted RP, please say so, so that I can upvote the heck out of you.

I will post World Docs tomorrow, after I consolidate them.

The Hidden Gardens

The Utility Company

The Church of the Joe Cloud

The Stewards of Creation

Genetic Lifeform and Disc Operating System

Khriss's Lab

Hoid's Doc

Amber Vulture:                Young Bard               Autonomy
Amethyst Scorpion:        Rathmaskal
Azure Mouse:                 Lumgol
Charcoal Hyena:            Mr. Mafia                      Ambition
Chartreuse Penguin:      Steeldancer 
Coral Swan:                   Jondesu                      Endowment
Cream Tuatara:             Cadmium Compounder 
Emerald Falcon:            Dalinar Kholin
Fuchsia Ostrich:            Mark IV
Indigo Weasel:              The Young Pyromancer
Ivory Dragonfly:             Devotary of Spontaneity    Honour
Magenta Albatross:       randuir
Mauve Crocodile:          Alvron
Melon Dingo:                Snipexe
Mint Heron:                  Sart
Onyx Flamingo:            I Think I Am Here         Preservation
Opal Lion:                    _Stick_                           Odium
Oxblood Beagle:          Hemalurgic Headshot
Pearl Chameleon:       Elandera
Plum Rhinoceros:       xinoehp512                 Ruin
Quartz Zebra:             Fifth Scholar
Saffron Iguana:           Furamirionmind        Cultivation
Sage Kangaroo:          Bob Earl Jones
Salmon Meerkat:         Amanuensis            Khriss
Sapphire Elephant:     Droughtbringer        Devotion
Scarlet Octopus:         Araris Valerian
Sunburst Toucan:       Drake Marshall        Survival
Taupe Gecko:             Magestar
Turquoise Gorilla:       Shqueeves            Dominion
Violet Axolotl:             Mailliw73                 Hoid

Master Action Spreadsheet     Dead Doc       Other Doc

Sel         Roshar          Scadrial          Taldain

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Thank you Joe and Seonid for running this game. I am quite disappointed in myself for joining late enough that my first Seonid game is also my last.

Darn! And I thought my faction had an impressive character count. Is the Stewards of Creation doc a new record? The previous longest doc was somewhere around the 350,000 character range right?

Good Job to the Stewards and GlaDOS (and Survival)! I ended up getting on after rollover, so didn't end up protect Chameleon like I promised, but I suppose it doesn't matter as she won. : P (Nice to be able to start putting spaces in my smiley faces again.)

And Drake, what gave you away to me was you referencing the time in LG49 when you guessed my identity, not the reference to the previous Shard Game. :D (I couldn't tell if that was you trying to figure out if I was Fura or not though.)

Edited by Furamirionind

Thanks are due to Steeldancer, Rathmaskal, Young Bard, and Elandera for not committing suicide. We were only able to ensure that two of you survived, so we're grateful that all four of you decided to continue living. Please excuse the blatant dishonesty we used throughout the game. We also apologize to Aman, who likely would have won if we hadn't randomly killed him, and Maill, who we betrayed and allowed to die. However, Maill did bet me two Shards that half of all factions would be dead by the beginning of cycle 3, a bet I won. I'm not sure what Shards you have, though.

Great write-up, Seonid! 

Congrats to the Stewards, GlaDOS and Survival for pulling off the wins! :]

I'm not going to rant about my tragic demise here again :P (please see dead doc for all rants)

@Furamirionind, @Steeldancer, @Magestar, @Dalinar Kholin, y'all did really well! We didn't win but I sure had a lot of fun playing and  watching the game from the cognitive realm:P 

And finally, THaNK yOU sEoNID and jOe FOR RUNNING THE LAST SHARD GAME! I held Odium in my first shard game (and gave it away to Joe huehuehue) so it was fitting that I got to use it in my last too... @Seonid YOU'LL BE MISSED ;_; But I understand that one can't keep involved in SE forever :/ Good luck.

Heh not to brag or anything but I guessed a number of your identities correctly, looking at the player list now. xD

What, you're not posting the doc you created solely to troll me?
Also, I know it's a shocker, but yes I was Penguin. And holy crap did that RP take a bit out of me.
I actually had no idea how I was going to end it, I was just sort of playing through, trying to figure it out. It all came at once when I realized I'm going to be leaving this community for 2 years in just a few months, and I sort of wanted to end my character in a similar way. I have no idea how it actually turned out. But it's over now, so whoopee. 
As for gameplay, honestly my faction picked a terrible win condition. We had no chance of finishing it, we should have done the Odium one. Or the kill the kill roles one. Would have been much more doable. Or if Hoid had contacted US instead. Well, whatever. I'm happy I finished my RP, even if I didn't win.
As for RP, I forsee the next few months will be different RP kind, especially with what I've been learning in my creative writing class. If, you know, I actually have time to do RP and all that. 
Seonid, we're going to miss you. (And I'm going to be driven insane that we never ran a shard game with all 16 shards). 
Um, Mailliw, sorry for getting a bit stabby stabby on you. I tend to get a bit stabby stabby when I get mad. Or am having too much fun. 
And I'll try not to hold grudges against literally everyone who lied to me. Right up until the next time I'm a SK ^_^

Edited by Steeldancer

2 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Darn! And I thought my faction had an impressive character count. Is the Stewards of Creation doc a new record? The previous longest doc was somewhere around the 350,000 character range right?

Nowhere close. It’s about half the length of the longest SE doc, which is LG23’s “Venture,” an unholy blemish on the processing power of my phone. :P Oh, and by the way, Fura, that was an excellent job obscuring your identity. You played wonderfully this game, and I’m sorry about the bad luck that your faction consistently held. 

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Please excuse the blatant dishonesty we used throughout the game.

Hey, don’t you start on this. :P I, at the very least, tried to be fully truthful at a certain point, and as you can see several pages of the doc are dedicated to turning our lies into glorious truth. 

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

We also apologize to Aman, who likely would have won if we hadn't randomly killed him, and Maill, who we betrayed and allowed to die. However, Maill did bet me two Shards that half of all factions would be dead by the beginning of cycle 3, a bet I won. I'm not sure what Shards you have, though.

Yes, I’d like to repeat this apology to both of you. I feel especially guilty, as I killed Aman and voted against Maill (though I will say, Maill, that at the time I added my vote to your lynch, I was gripped with utter indecision, and felt awful about it). This mental idea of a dangerous Hoid was kind of stuck in my mind, and it likely influenced my views on you too much. 

Joe, Seonid, thank you for running this. Despite everything I said in-thread, which was deceptive and theoretical in the extreme, our win condition was a delicate balance (as you can see by reading our doc), and wasn’t boring, but a complete blast, and I’m glad you balanced the complicated mess these games can be so finely. I’d also like to thank my team, who were great to work with (especially Devotary, who helped me fill up a lot of empty doc space), all of our Returned (who we were trying to select by second-chance methods when possible), and Penguin, my only PM contact, and who was a lot of fun to talk to. I also couldn’t resist reforming our old alliance in AG4. :P 

This was a pretty awesome game. I still think it's a shame the coalition victory didn't happen. For those wondering, we where serious about that. If the Stewards had spoken up and pledged to delay, we'd have done the same. It seems that it'd have also been possible for all surviving factions but the Joe cloud to win on the next cycle.

Anyway, I did learn something interesting this game: Apparently it's really easy to weave a coherent story out of a spread of Tarot cards. Well, either that or this stuff actually works, but I doubt it :P

Anyway, I'd really like to thank everyone, including of course Seonid and Joe, for a great and memorable game that had me on the edge of my seat at the end.

31 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

It’s about half the length of the longest SE doc, which is LG23’s “Venture,” an unholy blemish on the processing power of my phone. :P

Eh, you're exaggerating - the Venture Doc was split in three for exactly that reason. :P A lot of that doc was general chit-chat, as well, because this was the pre-Discord days. I honestly doubt we'll get a doc that long again (though I'll be happy to be proven wrong.)

And, oh well - we came so close at the end there. We got two planets - if we'd organised a little better, and had Toucan move to any planet except Roshar or Silverlight, we'd have gotten our third (which we actually asked Toucan, via Iguana (massive thankyou to @Furamirionind, who was enormously helpful in that final cycle) to move to Silverlight, but changed the plan that Silverlight would be the third planet instead of Sel, and it didn't get passed down the pipeline fast enough.)

3 hours ago, Seonid said:

[...] and several key communications breakdowns in the final stages of the negotiations meant that those negotations had failed to come to a conclusive agreement by the time factions made their move.

[...]instead throwing their weight fully behind the eviscerated remnants of the Utility Company, who had been the subject of a number of unfortunate 'incidents' and had not yet recovered. Together, they made a ploy to hold dominion over a network of Shardworlds, controlling the newly reopened trade routes from Roshar, Silverlight, and Taldain.

Those plans were foiled at the last moment by the inadvertent action of players trying to remain neutral in the growing struggle. The retaliation was swift and brutal, and only the intervention of the hidden Shard of Survival saved the worldhopper Toucan from a grisly fate.

Way to rub it in, Seonid. :P (That was a fantastic writeup. The meeting between Khriss and Sheon was really moving.)

Thanks so much to Seonid and Joe - I had a ton of fun with the game, even if I screwed up with the rules even more than I normally do. I also apologise to Seonid for the probably close to two-dozen or so clarifications I asked for across the final cycle in my doc and PM, trying to find a way we could win. :P

1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Oh, and by the way, Fura, that was an excellent job obscuring your identity. You played wonderfully this game, and I’m sorry about the bad luck that your faction consistently held. 

Thanks. I mean, I said "I mean" a lot, ended quite a few sentances with "I think", and towards the end of the game, I stopped putting any care into masking my identity, but thanks. : )
I also secretly signed up AND constantly complained about how little time I would have if I was to join the AG...  So that probably helped a lot/was most of it. (Speaking of which, I really didn't have the time to be on as much as I was)

I just finished reading the faction docs (skimmed for the Stewards), and I want to apologize to the Stewards for betraying the members in your faction (though it was all in the name of trying to get UC to win with you), and to Hail Joe, to which I still feel only mild sympathy towards, however I (and my faction) were pretty hard on you guys.  We were pushing for your deaths from the moment we learned you had Odium (basically the moment Ax/Maill died).

@Magestar I wouldn't say I was pushing for a UC win out of spite to the other factions. I would have worked for a GlaDOS win if I had contact with them too. I just felt bad for Shattering Autonomy so early in the game (especially as it was my suggestion), and I always intended on fusing it back together. I also thought that UC only had 3 players for most of the game, which is a serious detriment.

Just reading the Hoid doc now, and I feel like a meme of some kind must be made (I am no expert on these matters though). I just keep seeing these texts next to each other, "I’m part of the Seventeenth Shard. We’re hunting Hoid, so why would you think I was him?" + "Do you have any leads on finding Hoid, out of curiosity?" + "For that matter, any news on Khriss?" + "Haha nope. I’m hoping that we’re the only secrets in the game"
I don't know why, but I found this exchange very funny. : )

Also, was I supposed to contact Dominion about shattering Odium? I tried but apparently Ostrich was a Steward. I thought at the time that was transmitted back to Hail Joe through Onyx's group PM with me.  But I must admit, it was around this stage in the game where my mind just started to break down.

Also, I think the factions with more than 2 Shards *cough*Hail Joe*Cough* underestimate the power of having 3 actions per cycle instead of 2. Losing Odium prevented us from roleblocking and the extra action, Odium's use for us wasn't just in killing/Shattering. (In fact, if you read our faction doc, almost every time we discuss killing the conversation is something like:

Player 1: We should probably kill someone tonight
Player 2: Any idea who?
Player 3: Probably Gecko because they seem like they are part of a powerful important unstoppable faction. (of Lizards : P )
Player 1: Yeah... But alternatively I can Truthwatch and worldhop the next day or invest in FotS or...
Players 2+3: Good idea. )

Edited by Furamirionind

Good game to all. Man this game was a blast. I actually rp’ed this time, which was quite enjoyable, even though I lost the time for it about half way through the game. Not going to lie, the fact that we had a plan that would’ve won us the game a turn before if not for lack of communication is super frustrating, but other then that I had a super fun being Autonomy 1.3 Gatway 2000 Edition. 

Thanks to all the gms and the various players!

5 hours ago, Seonid said:

The Stewards of Creation have met their win condition to have Returned from 5 unique factions!

You filthy liars, you.  :P  Of all the factions that could have won...  

Ah well.  Gilgamesh will be back.  :P  Although it's sad that I couldn't achieve ultimate Shardic power in Seonid's last game, I'm sure that their will be many more who attempt to continue this legacy.

Fantastic writeup, by the way.  Great end to a great game.

Also, oops.  I would never have guessed that Maill was Axolotl.  :P  I was so sure that you were someone else... 

Aman as Salmon, I could have guessed.  Been a while though.  :P  

Sart, you made my day with that reveal in the Scadrial doc.  Definitely one of my favorite players from that moment on.

Alv!  I knew I liked Mauve.  :P  

Dang there are a lot of new players.  I swear I don't recognize half the names on this list!  One of the many nice things about anon games is the opportunity to interact with players from a clean slate perspective.  Gives you a chance to get to know them better.  :P 

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

@Magestar I wouldn't say I was pushing for a UC win out of spite to the other factions. I would have worked for a GlaDOS win if I had contact with them too. I just felt bad for Shattering Autonomy so early in the game (especially as it was my suggestion), and I always intended on fusing it back together. I also thought that UC only had 3 players for most of the game, which is a serious detriment.

Oops.  Perhaps I may have been projecting my own feelings onto your actions.  Beneath my charming demeanor I am secretly a very spiteful creature.  I guess?  :P 

Final words; sorry Maill for pushing your lynch so hard.  I don't really know exactly why I was so intent on killing you... I think it's honestly because I just really wanted Odium back.  I wasn't really so much worried about your affect on the game, or your danger to us, as I was on getting Odium.  :P  Which, in retrospect, likely made little to no sense.  I should have guessed that you would pas it away... too bad we couldn't have worked together.  :P 

Anyway good game everyone.  I suppose I'll see you all at the next anon game that catches my interest.