Wait wait wait wait. What if, by virtue of being alive, Survival is about to win because someone else is about to win?

@A Joe in the Bush, @Seonid, would a faction with a pure survival win-con count as 'being about to win' the moment another faction is about to win and be listed as such? 

Edited by Magenta Albatross

13 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

@Quartz Zebra/other stewards, would you be willing to state your exact win-con? Because if your claim is true, we've been looking in completely the wrong direction so far. However, at the moment I'm still undecided on whether what you're saying is true. For example, you missing penguin N3 could have been due to any number of factors, including inactivity, or someone interfering with endowment.

After discussion with my faction we’ve decided to keep the exact details to ourselves, unless something huge comes up that we positively have to address. As most of our faction is outed, keeping our win condition close to our chest is one of the few advantages we have. I feel like we’ve already given the thread plenty of details to piece at least some of it together, as I said earlier. 

As for N3 more specifically, at that point there was still discussion about whether or not we should start spamming Voidbringers, hide on Scadrial and try to rush out Last Faction Standing before anyone fully realised what was going on. When we saw Penguin had been killed, we were still having this debate, so we ended up not Returning them immediately, though we did eventually decide (accelerated by the whole situation with Axolotl) to fully commit to our faction specific wincon and begin Returning to make alliances, despite it impairing the Last Faction Standing wincon (which still looked plausible then, with our faction unblemished).

After talking with the GMs, there does appear to be a way we can win this cycle, though that’s technically been true, if highly improbable, in every other cycle. (The nature of our wincon creates this situation, a theoretically feasible but difficult gamestate to reach that we’re constantly striving for.) 

Since the Tuatara Lynch is likely going to fail, here's a poke vote on @Fuchsia Ostrich. Ostrich, you said some interesting things early in the cycle, do you have any more thoughts? You're also someone whose faction hasn't been nailed down, and that scares me.

Edit:

I can't upload the picture, so never mind 

Edited by Melon Dingo

Tuatara mentioned they have an extra life (which makes sense, considering Dominion), and so the lynch won't do anything. And it seems to me that Tuatara is penitent and is now trying to pursue a more mutual victory situation, so lynching them has fallen from my view.

Since there is only one other candidate for the lynch, I will vote Fuchsia Ostrich.

Just now, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I accepted the note. What was this?

I looked up at the sky. "Tell me more."

The Dingo lets loose a loud bark, summoning another Dingo, who is also bearing a note, albeit a longer one: Dingotopia is a wonderful city, where all people live in harmony. It didn't used to be this way however. Long many animals were in great food chains, and most were unable to escape this slavery. The Dingo, the smartest of all the animals, was not imprisoned by this horrible device. They were free to come up with a clever plan that would free all of the animals. They called it "Dingoization, and it was supported by the great idea of agriDingo." They other animals quickly agreed to this plan, and soon the land became a place of peace, and was renamed Dingotopia. Follow this Dingo for Orientation.

The Dingo walks to the street corner, then looks you in the eyes, and barks expectantly.

Just now, Saffron Iguana said:

One very small animal raises their hand paw (or whatever they have) and asks, "why isn't it called Lizardtopia?"

A Dingo brought a note to the lizard: Silly Lizard, the Dingos were the ones to create the great Dingotopia, why wouldn't it be named after them. It's a sign of respect. I'm sure if the lizards had come up with the idea then it would be called Lizardtopia, but you didn't."

I’m going to double post, because it’s late enough in the cycle, and I feel it is justified.

I think Ostrich is Endowment. This is going to sound weird, but it sort of makes sense. My best guess for their faction is Stewards, because of mouses 6 person response, and not knowing of any other faction they could be on. In order to invest, being on the same planet as the target is required. However the researcher role would allow a long range investment. Earlier Zebra mentioned a potential Voidbringer spam. My question is how could their be a voidbringer spam unless everyone is on the same planet. It’s simple, put Endowment on Silverlight, which allows them to slip under the radar, and give long range investments constantly. Ostrich is on Silverlight. 

Well, this is an interesting turn of events.

You know, I did try to spice the game up, but for some reason, nobody was willing or capable of fulfilling any of my offers :P I had a couple of really funny ideas I was hoping to set in motion, too. Ah well, such is the curse of trying to think too many steps ahead and only ever doing so imperfectly. I never could in good conscience convert to a faction, but I think I played my part acceptably, in the end.

With 2 factions a cycle away from winning, I doubt the game will continue past this cycle of day and night, and I give it 50/50 odds that the two factions on the brink of winning are working together. Congratulations to whatever factions are about to win (Stewards and Utility Company, methinks). I could be wrong, but it seems the end is in sight.

If anybody did want to prevent the game from ending this cycle, I would advise them to pick carefully who they lynch. But from the looks of it, the current lynch has basically zero chance of stopping the leading factions from winning. My compliments to Dominion for arranging that; it was a nice touch.

In any case, it's been an entertaining last shard game. Well done, Seonid, you will be missed. Well done, Joe. Good game, all. Goodnight.

Week 2, Night 1:

Cream Tuatara survived the Lynch!
Votes:
Cream(6): Azure, Chartreuse, Emerald, Magenta, Quartz, Saffron
Fuschia(2): Melon, Oxblood

THREE FACTIONS HAVE REACHED 1 CYCLE FROM VICTORY. (That is, they have the ability to complete a game ending Win Condition within 1 cycle.)

The Brand new Planet, FIRST OF THE SUN, has been completed and is now open for business!

Player List:
1. Amethyst Scorpion Returned!
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture Returned!
4. Charcoal Hyena Vessel, Ambition ALL HAIL THE JOE CLOUD
5. Chartreuse Penguin Returned!
6. Coral Swan
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo WeaselWorldhopper,
11. Ivory Dragonfly 
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion Vessel, Odium
18. Oxblood Beagle
19. Pearl Chameleon Returned!
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana    
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat Khriss
25. Sapphire Elephant Vessel, Devotion
26. Scarlet Octopus  Worldhopper, Mastrell
27. Sunburst Toucan
28. Taupe Gecko Worldhopper, Researcher, Feruchemist.
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl  Hoid, Odium

Shardworld Tracker:
Yolen: 2/8 charges
The night will last until Thursday, Febr 6, 11:00 PM, Pacific Time

Please be Patient, I am still writing out PM's. Writeup was priority. 

First of the Sun was largely my own doing. An immortal shard of Survival has gotta have some hobbies.

1 hour ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Since no one is saying anything, I thought I'd ask everyone if their faction is planning on winning this turn? And if so, do you have any expendable actions that you could lend to either my faction or another that is attempting to also join in on the win?

Just out of curiousity, how exactly were you planning to use extra actions to bring about your wincon? You are still at least 3 turns from accomplishing it.