8 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I think the Joe cloud claimed to have preservation in addition to ambition. the Hidden garden has claimed Odium (though they lost it) and Cultivation. Glados has claimed Ruin and Devotion. The utility company had Autonomy and one other, so it could be them. That leaves the stewards and possibly one more faction we know nothing about. So, one of these factions, covering about 10 players between them, has a single player that needs to be locked down. However, we do know that whoever it is is at least somewhat active, as they've been submitting their actions to return people.

So, what's your suggestion for finding this one person? And do you know who the other faction that's about to win is?

What if they have a wincon that is something like "your faction plus all living Returned players must outnumber every other faction" or I still think a possibility is to have 6 living returned at one time. Or something like that. 

Just now, Cream Tuatara said:

What if they have a wincon that is something like "your faction plus all living Returned players must outnumber every other faction" or I still think a possibility is to have 6 living returned at one time. Or something like that. 

It won't be 6. I am fairly confident "5" is the magic number this game. (5 potential wincons, 5 factions, 5 players per faction, 5 neutrals, etc.)

@Magenta Albatross reread D6.

7 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

It won't be 6. I am fairly confident "5" is the magic number this game. (5 potential wincons, 5 factions, 5 players per faction, 5 neutrals, etc.)

@Magenta Albatross reread D6.

What did I miss? The only thing I saw is that maybe the Joe cloud has endowment because Hyena mentioned people asking them to ask Endowment to resurrect them, but that's about it.

Edit: I agree about the '5' theme though, I've seen it pop up a couple of times as well.

Edited by Magenta Albatross

9 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

It would need three Shards contributing, so I'd like to publicly ask whether any Shards from factions that don't have a win conditions involving planet creation have Invested in First of the Sun.

There is quite possibly a faction with three shards. Joe Cloud. If they are the ones that have Odium, and two others (Ambition is one of them), then they would have enough to recreate a planet on their own.

Speaking of ambition, I've got a message from them, which is actually from the dead doc, specifically indigo weasel. 

I'm not going to quote directly into the thread because I'm not sure of the rules regarding that in this game. 

The fifth faction is the only faction that indigo doesnt have an idea of the wincon of, but he does believe that's the faction that's returning people. Ambition wants to add on that he believes that it's possible that they havent lost any members yet.

my thoughts now If they do need a returned from each faction, they need us to lynch them. Perhaps that's why mouse was trying to get us to lynch them?

Back to messages from the cognitive realm. 

Elephant believes that the best chance we have against that faction is to kill as many of these Returned as possible. 

My thoughts are if we focus all our efforts on just that one faction, then we might just let the other faction walk into victory, which isn't that great of an idea. 

1 hour ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

If GLaDOS is one of the two factions one cycle away from winning, I'm not sure we can stop them, especially now that players can submit orders for inactive faction members. We don't know all their members, so whoever has Ruin can just pass the Shard to Rhinoceros, or Kangaroo(Note that I'm not sure either of these are in GLaDOS), or some other player unconnected to their faction and submit a kill order on their behalf. Even if all the Returned(except Chameleon) coordinated to suicide-roleblock potential Ruins, they still might not succeed. Even if they did succeed, that blocks one win condition for one cycle, and the other faction could still win. I've been getting a bit concerned that there's a faction with a planet creation wincon, as First of the Sun might be only one turn away from being created. It would need three Shards contributing, so I'd like to publicly ask whether any Shards from factions that don't have a win conditions involving planet creation have Invested in First of the Sun.

Interesting that a member of Stewards is trying to get us to stop focusing on them. More evidence that the stewards are one of the factions 1 cycle away.

23 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

Interesting that a member of Stewards is trying to get us to stop focusing on them. More evidence that the stewards are one of the factions 1 cycle away.

I'm fairly sure that your faction is one cycle away from victory, but I'm not at all sure how your faction can be prevented from winning.

1 hour ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

I'm fairly sure that your faction is one cycle away from victory, but I'm not at all sure how your faction can be prevented from winning.

Once again you’re not denying the fact that you are the faction. My faction has never even been close to one cycle away from winning. We keep getting unlucky with the way things have worked out.

28 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

What is that supposed to mean? Are you addressing someone who said something in the thread, or just stating it for the world to know?

I think it was in response to what Iguana said earlier:

5 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Hey guys, sorry I didn’t respond to the thread earlier today, work kept me very busy and I couldn’t really get on the Shard.

As half the game knows it, and the other half might as well since I’m losing this game in the next sixty hours, I am a Steward of Creation. All previously outed Stewards can easily vouch for me.

There’s been a lot of speculation about our win condition. It’s true we hold Endowment, and that we’ve been Returning players from a variety of factions. However, as has been said before (albeit privately (and now publicly by Mouse, I see)), we do not win by Returning five people from different factions. Such a win condition would be both easy and boring, as there’d be nothing anybody could really do to stop it. Also, I’d like to point out that Penguin was dead N3, and we Returned nobody. If our special win condition was to start Returning people, would we wait? We’d really just hoped to maintain peace with most of the factions until we tried for a grab at Odium C4/5, before we decided to just Return a bunch of people instead to avoid making enemies in the aftermath of that whole incident. You can judge for yourselves how well that worked out for us. :P 

So yeah, the Returned we made were peace offerings, as well as opportunities and second chances for those we felt were unjustly killed. A win condition of ours that is real, meanwhile, is called “Endowed and Oathbound,” one reason we wanted Odium, as it involves planetary and Investment roles, and benefits from having mostly alive factions (another reason we’re Returning). Getting our hands on more Shards would have helped achieve this sooner, as would getting people with unique roles in different factions. You can probably guess a rough outline of the win condition from this, but as we’re likely not going to achieve it, I don’t particularly mind. As I’ve exposed essentially everything at this point, I’d appreciate it if my faction could stop being targeted out of sheer paranoia? I fully understand the suspicion around the Returned, but we’ve been fully honest (except perhaps for Mouse’s trolling) with the thread, and it’s a little annoying to be targeted out of the blue like this.

Any of my factionmates can vouch for the above.

Zebra, the faction being mostly targeted is Hail Joe. As much as I was doing speculating in the Scadrial doc, I have nothing against your faction...
[edit]I suppose I just need to stop trusting players in this game, as every time it is apparently a lie. If you are telling the truth, Joe is lying, UC has no reason to lie, so it is one of you.[/edit]

I know that UC isn't about to win, and HG obviously. So that leaves Hail Joe and GlaDOS. While GlaDOS's wincon I believe requires some luck on their part at the moment, I am mostly concerned about Hail Joe.

Edited by Saffron Iguana

@Quartz Zebra/other stewards, would you be willing to state your exact win-con? Because if your claim is true, we've been looking in completely the wrong direction so far. However, at the moment I'm still undecided on whether what you're saying is true. For example, you missing penguin N3 could have been due to any number of factors, including inactivity, or someone interfering with endowment.

proofreading for errors is for the weak!

There are a few things I want to address. 

The first thing is the current vote count, it appears to be:

Cream Tuatara(5): Chartreuse Penguin, Saffron Iguana, Quartz Zebra, Magenta Albatross, Azuree Mouse
Chartreuse penguin(1): Cream Tuatara

Now, I actually have no problem with this, because as I suggested earlier, I am currently protected with an extra life. The life was intended to be used because Dominion was supposed to redirect the kill/shatter back to me. (Note that I am still not outright claiming, I am just stating what everyone else believes to be the case) So if you all want to successfully lynch someone, you had better choose a different target. I don't know if that would be helpful to any particular team's Wincon if someone dies or survives though. 

Speaking of wincons, that brings me to my second point

There are supposedly two teams that are within a cycle of winning. After running some crazy numbers, and assuming the 'Best Case Scenario' in many situations. (Or worst case scenario based on how you look at it) I was able to find out that my faction could possibly be one of the two factions that can win by the end of this cycle. But that would involve some fairly unlikely scenarios with actions occurring in just the right way from several of the other factions. We do want to see as many people win this game as possible, so we will be holding off on at least one of the actions that would be required by our faction, and will ask that not all of the returned sacrifice themselves tonight. 

I do not know if any of the actions we perform will help the other faction towards their wincon, but one possibility that was discussed was the possibility of shattering 3 shards being the wincon of the original holders of Odium. So we will not be shattering anyone tonight, just so we don't accidentally hit a shard. (I think that's the plan. Not 100% sure) 

Also, I want to note that due to the extreme unlikeliness of our completing our wincon, some members of our faction believe that we could have been missed in calculating who is able to win. We have not been able to verify this though. 

We will still be working toward our wincon, which I am not quite ready to share with the thread, but we will ensure that it can't be met by the end of this cycle, and most likely wont do complete it during the next day turn, beyond that is too far away for me to tell. 

Lastly, I've risked a great deal putting this out in the thread, and we want to work with others to help them complete their win conditions, so we would appreciate if we weren't targeted as a result of this, because we don't want to be seen as a threat. I believe that through hard work, we can work together to get at least 60%, if not more of us to win this game, and have an end to this shard war. This can be the war to end all wars. 

I'll be using a lot of 'we's' in this post, but the other survivors in my faction mostly haven't expressed very strong opinions, so maybe they all heavily disagree with me (I don't think so though). If so, I'll be sure to let you know

As many have figured, Glados is indeed one of the factions with the potential to win this turn. However, I don't mind it if more than one faction wins, as long as we're among those winning. If we get confirmation that Joe Cloud is the other faction that could win, or alternatively the other faction poised to win claims and commits to delaying for a cycle, we're quite willing to wait till the end of next cycle to try to win if people leave us alone for this cycle(and pass on a little tidbit of info next day-cycle). If necessary we might also be willing to give other factions a hand if they need it (Another faction suggested a way they could win next cycle if they had two other factions cooperate a bit, for example).

From an RP/storyline perspective an actually peaceful end between the remaining factions after the deaths of the agitators (Hoid and Khriss) sounds like a pretty nice way to end this cycle of games.

So in short, we'd be okay with a multi-win ending, and abstaining from trying to win this cycle, provided we know who else is on the cups of winning and them making a similar commitment. I don't mind winning with everyone, just as long as we don't lose.

edit: @Onyx Flamingo, I've seen a claim about your factions win-con that could be compatible with quite a few others, and could be done by the end of next cycle. Is there anything you or a faction-mate would like to reveal?

I can confirm the existence of "Endowed and Oathbound". It's the combined wincon of our Shards and requires a LOT of inter-faction cooperation. We've been trying really hard to communicate with other factions and Returned are just one way to further our diplomacy.

I can also confirm that Zebra is a fellow Steward and is being honest in his post. Although I had a lot of fun trolling yesterday, here, I am being perfectly serious.

Sorry for the double post, but I feel this is significantly different, and sufficiently separated in time to allow it. 

But I did verify that the possibility of us winning within the next cycle that I mentioned was not one of the imminent wincon completions mentioned in the write-up, so that means that currently the only faction we know of for sure, is that of GLaDos, and my faction is now out of the running for possible factions that we need to really really worry about, and at this rate, it may be the last cycle of the game, unless the other faction want's to speak up?

My faction is in a similar situation to Joe Cloud - it is technically possible for us to win this cycle but would require either extraordinary luck or a lot of coordination with (preferably) several other factions. We confirmed with Seonid we're not one of the factions that was alluded to in today's writeup.

Hidden Garden, by the sounds of things, isn't close to completing their goal either, which leaves the Stewards as the only other candidate.