1,227 posts in this topic

Tuatara(2): Falcon, Weasel
Mouse(4): Albatross, Toucan, Tuatara. Elephant
Weasel(2): Zebra, Mouse 

3 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

If we're not lynching Tuatara, there's a lot of people who would have to remove their votes. While there's no reason to lynch Toucan, I can say that lynching Mouse would be bad for almost everyone. Last night, Mouse was protected by Devotion, which means that an attempted lynch will bring GLaDOS one giant step closer to victory, assuming we're right about their win condition. If they're willing to expose their membership by actively pursuing a Mouse lynch, it would mean that GLaDOS is uncomfortably close to winning. I don't really have any great lynch alternatives, though. Would anybody like to suggest one?

I don't know why we're ignoring this. Forget GLaDOS' wincon. My problem with this is that this results in another failed lynch. I think we've had enough of those for now. So, why are we lynching mouse? @Azure Mouse Is Dragonfly correct? Has Devotion Protected you? 

If all of this is true, I don't see much sense in the mouse lynch now. 

3 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

And no, we're not that close to winning.  This game has been a giant string of setbacks for us. 

What I'm worried about is faction number 5's wincon.  They are the only one I know nothing about.

This, to me, sounds like classic misdirection. Slight denial followed by highlighting someone else. I don't know about the wincon of this fifth faction, but if the Devotion wincon is correct (as indicated by the protects and failed lynches this game, which essentially had to have been forced as there's not much of a chance to predict the lynch in SE) I'd rather not take a chance on Mouse. 
Given that the Weasel lynch is gaining momentum, I'd like to lynch them. 
(Heh. My second vote this game is also on Weasel. I hadn't expected that.) 

Edit: Ninja'd by Mint Heron

Edited by Fuchsia Ostrich
:ph34r:

Mouse(5): Albatross, Toucan, Tuatara, Elephant, Scorpion
Weasel(5): Zebra, Mouse, Heron, Ostrich, Dragonfly
Tuatara(2): Falcon, Weasel

Weasel, to prevent Mouse from needing Devotion's protection.

Toucan and Tuatara's votes for Mouse were in self-preservation, while Albatross and Elephant are looking to advance their win condition, but why are you voting for Mouse @Amethyst Scorpion? Your faction member Crocodile seemed very concerned about GLaDOS's win condition, while you are actively helping them achieve it. Tuatara is not going to be lynched at this point, so that shouldn't be a factor.

Weasel. I find it interesting that you didn't deny Mouse being protected so it's very likely they are so lynching them is a waste.

You have a good point about the potential wincon...I hadn't looked as far through the thread as I should have.  Weasel

The votes are currently 7 to 4. Weasels faction could tie it up of swing the lynch onto Mouse if they wish. We could do with a couple more votes.

Well those last minute swing votes never came Croco, and the turn is over now.

Writeup may be slow tonight, as my WiFi is currently spotty.

Night 7: Trained for War

The weasel slunk through the darkness. It was what weasels did, after all, and this worldhopper had chosen a codename specifically based on his preferred habits. Shadows, nighttime, it was a comfortable place for him. He was used to passing through the city unseen, used to having free reign over the night. Might be why he liked Taldain so much. It was always Night here. Or always day, but you could choose which one. You just had to move around a little, and for a worldhopper, that was simple.

Perhaps his time on Taldain mastering local investiture had made him careless. Perhaps the implicit protection of Devotion had dulled his paranoia. And perhaps he had even grown complacent in the strength and power of his faction to protect him against all ills.

But whatever the reason, he was not expecting Tribunal Guards to appear from the shadows of the nearest building to arrest him. He was, briefly, even more surprised when the guards ripped out the Hemalurgic spikes from his body without even reading him his rights or the accusations against him. And then he was no longer surprised at all.

Indigo Weasel was lynched! They were a Researcher and Mastrell of GLaDOS.

Vote Count:

Mouse(4): Albatross, Toucan, Tuatara, Elephant
Weasel(8): Zebra, Mouse, Heron, Ostrich, Dragonfly, Crocodile, Scorpion, Ambition

Tuatara(2): Falcon, Weasel

Player List:
1. Amethyst Scorpion Returned!
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture Returned!
4. Charcoal HyenaVessel[/b], Ambition ALL HAIL THE JOE CLOUD
5. Chartreuse Penguin Returned!
6. Coral Swan
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel Worldhopper, Mastrell, Researcher
11. Ivory Dragonfly 
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion Vessel, Odium
18. Oxblood Beagle
19. Pearl Chameleon Worldhopper, Mastrell, Forger
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat Khriss
25. Sapphire Elephant
26. Scarlet Octopus  Worldhopper, Mastrell
27. Sunburst Toucan
28. Taupe Gecko Worldhopper, Researcher, Feruchemist.
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl  Hoid, Odium

Shardworld Tracker:
Yolen: 2/8 charges
First of the Sun: 4/6 charges
The night will last until Monday, February Fourth, 11:00 PM, Pacific Time

Edited by Seonid

If it matters anything at this point, I did not know about Mouse having Devotion's protection when I made that vote....

Wow, I really need to pay closer attention near the ends of the lynches, clearly that's when everything interesting happens! 

Well, everyone seems to want to be quiet now, maybe, I should do a quick RP

---

Enterta did not know where he was. Well, He knew that he was on a planet called Scadrial, and he had visited it before, once. But he knew nothing about it, and when walking around, he felt lost. Currently, he walked the streets of a large city. He didn't even know the name of it, and his asthma was acting up here. The air quality always seemed unhealthy at best. He wondered if he could find an inhaler, or someone who could help him to breath a bit better. Almost as if by divine design, he turned a corner, and there was a feruchemy outlet. Knowing Feruchemy to be of of the main sources of investiture on Scadrial, Enterta decided it couldn't be that bad to enter. Little did he know how many different types of investiture there were. Back where he was from there was only one type of investiture. Awakening. And it sometimes seemed a dark art, meant for the wicked, so Enterta chose not to indulge much in it, despite being of the second heightening. \

Perfect, Enterta thought. (Unsealed/unkeyed)Not sure which Cadmium. If Only I can find a spot of clear air, I can fill this with clean breath, and I can go around without triggering my asthma. 

At this point, I'm kind of just waiting for something to happen.

I might write some RP.

20 minutes left, I think I have all actions noted. If you have not had me say noted in your PM, maybe bump it just to make sure?

And that is Time! And what a Terrible Time it is. No trolling this time.

Week 2, Day 1:

Sapphire Elephant was killed! They were the Vessel of Devotion, and were a member of GLaDOS. Devotion has been Shattered.
Pearl Chameleon has been Returned!
TWO FACTIONS HAVE REACHED 1 CYCLE FROM VICTORY. (That is, they have the ability to complete a game ending Win Condition within 1 cycle.)

Player List:
1. Amethyst Scorpion Returned!
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture Returned!
4. Charcoal Hyena Vessel, Ambition ALL HAIL THE JOE CLOUD
5. Chartreuse Penguin Returned!
6. Coral Swan
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo WeaselWorldhopper,
11. Ivory Dragonfly 
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion Vessel, Odium
18. Oxblood Beagle
19. Pearl Chameleon Returned!
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana    
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat Khriss
25. Sapphire Elephant Vessel, Devotion
26. Scarlet Octopus  Worldhopper, Mastrell
27. Sunburst Toucan
28. Taupe Gecko Worldhopper, Researcher, Feruchemist.
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl  Hoid, Odium

Shardworld Tracker:
Yolen: 2/8 charges
First of the Sun: 5/6 charges
The day will last until Wednesday, Febr 6, 11:00 PM, Pacific Time

Also, players may send in orders for inactive faction-members.

Honestly, there's no chance of my faction winning at this point, so I'm mainly pleased I finally finished my RP. 
But obviously, we've been deceived once again by Odium. So, I'm finally going to get my sweet revenge. Cream Tuatara. 

1 minute ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Honestly, there's no chance of my faction winning at this point, so I'm mainly pleased I finally finished my RP. 
But obviously, we've been deceived once again by Odium. So, I'm finally going to get my sweet revenge. Cream Tuatara. 

I honestly am no longer convinced Odium is Tuatara. If I were in their place, I probably would have passed it to Mauve as that is the person in that faction who would seem to be on best terms as they have appeared to be the most Cooperative. I also don't think Mauve is Preservation, and therefore is one of the players likely to receive a Shard if one is passed. However, Tuatara

Unless he’s protected by Devotion and his survival will end the game, Tuatara. Your failure to keep your word is saddening, and even if this is the final Day turn, it seems fitting to punish a traitor as the last communal act in the final Shardic War. Goodbye.