I learnt via Hoid's Doc. They brought me into it N2 and I've been working with them since. Even kinda pushed my faction into agreeing to an alliance with Hoid and putting aside our own win con for a harder but more fun one. Adonalsium being remade in Seonids last game is something I felt was worth the extra work.

Edit: Plus we got Shards so if it went belly up, we would be in a good spot.

Edited by Mauve Crocodile

8 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

I learnt via Hoid's Doc. They brought me into it N2 and I've been working with them since. Even kinda pushed my faction into agreeing to an alliance with Hoid and putting aside our own win con for a harder but more fun one. Adonalsium being remade in Seonids last game is something I felt was worth the extra work.

Edit: Plus we got Shards so if it went belly up, we would be in a good spot.

Understandable. There were a lot of factors in the frustration other than just Odium getting stolen. I agree that would have been fitting, though I must also say that I dont particularly want that to happen. I also think Adonalsium reborn is possibly the coolest, yet least fun wincon to achieve.

Response to edit: is that an admission to having Odium? (There is no threat there as Long as it gets sent back to my faction this turn)

Edit: if you are telling the truth, we are still being played, so the info on who told you my wincon is important.

Edited by Saffron Iguana

1 minute ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Yes, we have Odium. As to us sending it back, I kinda have a different idea. What would you say to Shattering Odium?

Hmm, I would not be necessarily opposed to it, but then what? Would you send us Ambition or Preservation?

Edited by Saffron Iguana

We ask Dominion, nicely, to redirect Odium to itself. This means we would have to reveal who has Odium and reqires us to target someone to kill but as long as Dominion agrees Odium should be Shattered. It also puts one of our own at risk so we would need some protection but it's a plan to deal with all the issues that everyone seems to have.

2 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Lion being lynched was part of the plan then your faction for some reason decided not to do so and started lynching me. 

This means we would have to reveal who has Odium and reqires us to target someone to kill but as long as Dominion agrees Odium should be Shattered. It also puts one of our own at risk so we would need some protection but it's a plan to deal with all the issues that everyone seems to have.

Why would Lion being lynched have been something Hidden Garden agreed to? If Hidden Garden wanted to send Odium to your faction, it would have been so much easier and less fatal for Lion to have just passed the Shard to a representative from Joe Cloud.

It's a bit of a risk for Dominion as well, but I can't see any particular reason for you to murder Dominion with a Mistborn; that doesn't seem to gain you anything. Can a Shattered Shard be Fused with a whole Shard to create one whole Shard? If either Hidden Garden or Joe Cloud has a Feruchemist, they could provide protection for Odium's Vessel. Supposedly, Albatross's faction has already done whatever they need to do with Joe Cloud, but it still might not be a good idea to let them provide protection.

So it seems like we're making a plan now to stop Odium from being a large threat, and that means that we will not be lynching Tartura, right? 

If we're not lynching them, then who are we planning on lynching now?

I don't imagine that everyone will be online to redact their votes in the next 12 hours.

I'm scanning the thread to find a new person to lynch, but not much is standing out to me, short of this (quoting isn't working in Mobile at the moment)

Well, Toucan, if your wincon is indeed to Survive, wouldn't it just benefit everyone to lynch you since it means that you won't win?

@Azure Mouse

Is there a reason that you jumped onto Survival when his only goal is to survive?

13 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Why would Lion being lynched have been something Hidden Garden agreed to? If Hidden Garden wanted to send Odium to your faction, it would have been so much easier and less fatal for Lion to have just passed the Shard to a representative from Joe Cloud.

It's a bit of a risk for Dominion as well, but I can't see any particular reason for you to murder Dominion with a Mistborn; that doesn't seem to gain you anything. Can a Shattered Shard be Fused with a whole Shard to create one whole Shard? If either Hidden Garden or Joe Cloud has a Feruchemist, they could provide protection for Odium's Vessel. Supposedly, Albatross's faction has already done whatever they need to do with Joe Cloud, but it still might not be a good idea to let them provide protection.

I don't know that side of it. I was just told that my faction was to try and get a lynch going on Lion. It could've been to keep the ID of the new Odium a secret but that's just a guess.

Don't get me wrong, that has been talked about and thought of but if we were to do that then all it would do is get us lynched again but we would be without Odium to use as a possible bargaining chip. And yes, it's also been thought about giving a fake target and just saying Odium was Shattered which brings me to the next point.

There is the chance that it won't be publicly announced that Odium is Shattered should Dominion agree. Joe PAFO'ed me when I asked "if a Player with a Shard survives it being Shattered, is it revealed?".

Since whatever's being coordinated has been enough for Iguana to retract my vote, I'll do likewise (tuatara). I don't have any particular preference for who to lynch, but I would note that mouse hasn't removed their vote on Toucan yet. Though I would be willing to lynch Toucan if I get evidence that they are not Neutral, I once again believe his claim, and lynching him because of being Neutral  and having a survival wincon seems odd (nevermind the fact that I'm 85% certain Toucan would survive a lynch).

Scadrial. The place where it had begun. And hopefully the place where this journey would finally end.
The cosmere was afrenzy. Odium was loose again, and the most powerful individuals in the cosmere were arguing over what should be done with the shards. The realms shuddered at the amount of investiture being used. But Steel ignored it all. He had to finish this, once and for all. 
And so he ran, faster than he ever had before. He burned his feruchemical steel, pushing it farther than he ever had before. He turned that investiture into a perfect bubble of abrasion, allowing him to achieve otherwise unattainable speeds. And to top it off, he burned allomantic steel, frantically pushing off of any metal lines that he saw blur by him. He needed to run to Elendel, where most of the Terris, and therefore most of the ferrings, lived. He pushed his powers to the very limit, burning through his steel reserves like nobody's business. 
He wasn't aware of whether he ran into people. Supposedly, the abrasion would help push them out of the way of his momentum. But honestly, he wasn't entirely sure. 
Steel reached a peak speed. He found he could go no faster, so he maintained that speed. The landscape blurred by him so quickly. Within half an hour of leaving the perpendicularity, he recognized one landmark that blazed past him. He began to let up on his abrasion, letting friction begin to slow him down. He was still slowing down when he entered the city.
Technically, he wasn't allowed to go this fast. But in practice, how was anyone supposed to regulate him? So, he maintained his speed into the city, dodging around cars, using small steel pushes to avoid obstacles and maintain his momentum, aiming for the heart of the city where the Terris lived. 
He approached the grove of the Terris, and his heart nearly stopped at the sight of police tape. He turned off abrasion entirely, skidding to a stop, and melting the bottom of his shoes. Throwing them off, he maladroitly jumped over the tape, and headed into the Village. 
Police were everywhere. Children were crying. He found an Elder, and asked him what was going on.
"A series of murders. Steelrunners attacked. At least 4 of them, appear to have been attacked with spikes."
Fear rushed down Steel's spine. "FOUR of them?"
"Yes," said the elderly man. "It appears rogue hemalurgists do not fear the shards, given the conflict that they have been preoccupied with." 
"Were there attacks on Coinshots in the city?"
"Yes, three of them. No one knows how they are being eliminated so methodically. The Village has never been attacked like this before. It's horrible."
Steel grabbed a nearby trunk for support. What could that man possibly have to gain from spiking so many people for the same powers? He didn't know. 
"I'm going to need a list of coinshots in the city." Steel determined. 
The Elder shook his head. "The police are already on it. Plus, there are too many coinshots for any one to be an obvious target."
Except me, Steel thought. 
And so Steel zoomed off to do the only thing he could think of.
---
The SDR, Scadrian Daily Radio station was constantly running on the air. News, music, and information was all aired on the radio station that was most listened to in Elendel. It was commonly played in apartments, stores, everything. And so Steel took the mike from the man who was currently talking about the latest developments in the Shard War, and began to speak. 
"Eobard, I know you're out there. I'm still alive, and we need to have a reckoning. Outside the gate to the Eighth Octant, in one hour." He handed the mike back to the startled man, who fumbled with his words as he attempted to talk again. "Sorry for the interruption, but anyway, the Glados...."
Steel left the radio station, heart beating quickly. Hopefully, the police would be there to attempt to take him down if he failed. But perhaps he had been too cryptic, so maybe it just didn't matter. 
He ran to the gate of the Eighth Octant, and waited. He decided to go for maximum intimidation, and summoned his shardplate and blade as he waited. People on the road into the city were visibly frightened by the enhanced bulk and stature that shardplate granted. He only had to wait half an hour before a blur appeared in front of him. 
"So, you lived. Well then, I guess I'll just have to spike you too. Would have preferred you dead; would have been less work for me."
Steel smirked inside his plate. "Good luck spiking me as long as I'm wearing this."
Eobard responded with a blurred movement of his hand, and steel revealed that he had launched a flurry of tiny needles at his face plate. Steel also allowed him to move his shardplate fast enough to brush the needles away. 
Eobard growled, and began to dodge around him. Thankfully, the travelers had already noticed the show down, and were no longer trying to come through this gate. Steel found himself unable to swing his shardblade fast enough to catch the man, even enhanced by steel as it was. However, he did notice something- the lightning that he had seen from the man before was no longer present. He hardly had enough time to contemplate this fact before Eobard lunged at his face-plate with a larger spike, growling. Steel responded by punching, and he saw a brief crack of lightning as Eobard abandoned his lunge, and flung himself to the side. 
"I won't waste my time with you anymore! I have better things to do!" And suddenly the man took off running, clearly compounding with his newly acquired spikes. Steel dismissed his shardplate, assessed his levels of steel metalminds, and determined he had enough for now. He then started running after.
Steel did not use his metals at the same rate as he had coming to Elendel, but instead tried to move just faster than Eobard was. Sure enough, without lightning, Eobard seemed to be slower than Steel was, which meant he was trying to get to Roshar probably. As if he could ever attract a cultivationspren with spikes in him. 
Slowly, slowly, Steel inched up. But they were getting too close to the perpendicularity, which could cause problems for trying to catch him. 
But then, by the grace of Preservation, he sensed metal underneath the ground. Without a moment's hesitation, he flared allomantic steel, launching himself in one final attempt to catch him. 
Steel grabbed him, and the push carried both of them through the air. And right into the perpendicularity. 
---
Steel had always used the perpendicularities as gateways. But terming them as gateways was wrong. They were the places where all 3 realms were spiked together with investiture. And he held Eobard inside, not entering the cognitive realm. 
To his eyes of steel, Steel saw into Eobard. He saw the hate that festered within him. And most importantly, he saw that his identity as a person from outside the universe had nearly entirely been replaced by identity from the Cosmere. No wonder his old powers were failing him. Eobard continued to thrash, probably pained by the spikes in his body. Out of curiosity, Steel looked at himself. And saw just what the old Elantrian had been talking about. 
He saw the web of Phlo overlapped with his allomancy, creating a shape, a shape that he instinctively understood as being the raw essence of Speed. Eobard seemed to see it too, because he cried out in anger. But sound was odd in the perpendicularity, and so his voice fell flat. 
And Steel understood what he had to do. He let the investiture flow into his body, and used the other surge that he rarely used- Progression. He healed Eobard's soul, banishing the last bit of what he once had been. That complete, he then ripped the spikes out of the man's body. And then, he let them both tumble into the cognitive realm. 
Both men lay collapsed on the ground, exhausted by the extended period of time in there. Finally, Steel pushed himself up, using stormlight converted from feruchemy to enhance what little strength he had left. "Where's.... where's my sister, you monster?"
Eobard had lain entirely still up to this point, but now his chest began to convulse. He choked, and then let out a frantic laugh. "You fool. You think I would kill you, and still have kept her alive? I killed her soon after taking her captive. And good thing I did, too. Now you've lost everything too, just like you took everything from me. I saw your self, your web or whatever you call it. I know you have lost everything, despite your enormous power. And now I've taken the only family you have left." Eobard continued to laugh, becoming more and more hysterical. 
A hand touched his shoulder, and he saw Phlo, in her cognitive form, nod once. It would not break his oaths to eliminate this man. And so he picked up one of the spikes he had ripped out of Eobard, and stabbed it straight into his heart. The man gasped, apparently getting back his steel, but then Steel ripped it right back out. This time, he would not use progression on him. 
Phlo kept a hand on his shoulder as Steel watched him bleed to death. But all Steel felt inside was numb. He might not have broken his oaths by killing this man, but he had still basically murdered him. But, this man had also apparently killed his sister. The most horrifying thing was, he didn't think Eobard was lying. Why would he keep a hostage alive when he decided to kill the person he was blackmailing? He tossed the bloody spike that he had still been holding away, and walked towards the perpendicularity.
On the other side, he stared into the pool. He sat there for many hours, not saying anything, hardly even breathing. It grew cold as the night came on, but Steel hardly even noticed. 
And as the dawn broke, he finally began to cry. No stormlight would ever be able to feel the wounds Eobard had pointed out so. He might be Steel, but he was also incredibly lonely. Even Phlo had felt distant, constantly left behind by his powers. And the fact that his identity was public meant that everyone already knew who he was. 
And so Steel sat there, vaguely planning on sitting there until his divine breath gave out. He was still there when 2 days later, a group of Scadrians found him and took him to a hospital, where they recognized him as a returned and gave him Breath, despite his complaints that he did not want it. Phlo, and some nurses attempted to comfort him, but their words fell on deaf ears, ironically isolating him even further. 
And so it was that a few weeks later, he left the hospital quietly. They had given him a stack of breaths, donated by generous individuals. Steel could hardly bring himself to care. He wandered to the perpendicularity, and jogged to a place he had never been before- First of the Sun. It would be backwater enough to not know who he was. 
Some people say there is a man who still dodges through the traps of the islands of the Pantheon. Others say he went back to the mainland of First of the Sun, and lived there for the rest of his life. Still others say he went back to scadrial, or sel, or even Nalthis. The only thing that is known that after Eobard died, he had headed to that planet, and was never seen again. 
---
The woman finished telling the tale, smiling at the 5 rambunctious children. "Wow," said the oldest, who was the only one not currently wrestling on the carpet. "And so, he just stopped being a hero?"
"What is the point of running so fast you outrun everything that makes life worth living? Remember that, kids." The kids squealed with joy at the early return of their father, and abandoned tackling each other and instead teamed up to tackle him. This was good for them, loving life. After subduing his children, he guided them up to bed, as it was getting fairly late. His cultivationspren followed him up the stairs, a crystalline vine that only he could see. The oldest one was the last one he tucked in, and she looked at him with precocious eyes. 
"You were him, weren't you." she demanded. 
He sighed, and sat down. "Once upon a time, I was Steel. Now, I am your father. And you are going to bed."
"But," she pleaded, "why wouldn't you be a hero anymore? Don't people get hurt without your help?" 
He chuckled at the wisdom his oldest had. "Look, I'll tell you exactly why someday. But for now, just go to sleep." 
Contemplative, he walked into his own room. His wife was still downstairs. He opened up a case, inside of which was a pair of extensive bracers, designed for easy compounding use. For a moment, the old life called to him. But then he closed it. He would not outrun what he had right now. And with that in his mind, he headed to bed as well. 

Well, I figure it's probably in my interest to lynch the person who wants me dead for no good reason.

Heck, it might be in everyone's interest to lynch somebody who wants to make other people lose even when it has no effect on their win condition.

Mouse.

If Mouse has a faction, I have nothing whatsoever against their other members, and I hope they understand that this vote was not cast without provocation.

Tuatara(3): Falcon, Zebra, Weasel
Mouse(3): Albatross, Toucan, Tuatara
Toucan(1): Mouse

If we're not lynching Tuatara, there's a lot of people who would have to remove their votes. While there's no reason to lynch Toucan, I can say that lynching Mouse would be bad for almost everyone. Last night, Mouse was protected by Devotion, which means that an attempted lynch will bring GLaDOS one giant step closer to victory, assuming we're right about their win condition. If they're willing to expose their membership by actively pursuing a Mouse lynch, it would mean that GLaDOS is uncomfortably close to winning. I don't really have any great lynch alternatives, though. Would anybody like to suggest one?

24 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Tuatara(3): Falcon, Zebra, Weasel
Mouse(3): Albatross, Toucan, Tuatara

If we're not lynching Tuatara, there's a lot of people who would have to remove their votes. While there's no reason to lynch Toucan, I can say that lynching Mouse would be bad for almost everyone. Last night, Mouse was protected by Devotion, which means that an attempted lynch will bring GLaDOS one giant step closer to victory, assuming we're right about their win condition. If they're willing to expose their membership by actively pursuing a Mouse lynch, it would mean that GLaDOS is uncomfortably close to winning. I don't really have any great lynch alternatives, though. Would anybody like to suggest one?

And no, we're not that close to winning.  This game has been a giant string of setbacks for us. 

What I'm worried about is faction number 5's wincon.  They are the only one I know nothing about.

Tuatara(2): Falcon, Weasel
Mouse(4): Albatross, Toucan, Tuatara. Elephant
Weasel(1): Zebra

As stated above, Mouse just kinda wanted to Lynch Survival, which throws me off, and if the Tuatara thing can be resolved, which it seems like it is, Mouse is a better target.

Edited by Sapphire Elephant
Missed a count for my own vote...