Just now, Indigo Weasel said:

I though that, but I'm willing to hear their explanation why Devotion was so bad.

I think Devotion is one of, if not the, weakest Shard in the game.

I don't think it's a matter of Devotion being bad, which is exactly the problem. They're eliminating shards from the game, possibly to collect them (?). They don't have the "destroy all shards" win condition because we were the ones offered that and we turned it down, which is partly why I don't understand why they would be going after shards like they are. But clearly, they are. 
What I don't understand is the fact that they don't have cultivation, and what is their plan if they hit cultivation? Then EVERYONE is screwed. You can't collect shards... actually, can you win the Adonalsium thing with all 16- shards with some of them being splintered? I actually don't know. Maybe that's what they're going for. 

9 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

@Sunburst Toucan, can you explain the reason for your deception? You're part of Tuatara's (or maybe Iguana's, but I doubt it) faction, rather than a neutral, so why did you present yourself as Neutral initially?

Interesting. 

am neutral, insofar as I am Survival, my win condition is to Survive, and that has not changed.

I suspect you or somebody else must be mistaken on this count.

2 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

This is kinda tied up in our win-con, and I'm not sure how to explain without basically giving away our wincon. For now I'll stick to saying that, had toucan been Neutral, or in any faction other than the two I mentioned, we'd have gotten another step towards completing our win-con, but we didn't. I might explain more if its necessary and I get permission from the remains of my team.

Have you specifically gotten a clarification about your win condition, that an unaligned player counts as a faction, for the purposes of your win condition?

Please do that, if you haven't.

1 minute ago, Azure Mouse said:

Well, Toucan, if your wincon is indeed to Survive, wouldn't it just benefit everyone to lynch you since it means that you won't win?

How does that makes sense? They just need to survive until the end of the game, whenever that is. It's not something that would end the game. They'll win along with whoever else finishes the game. 

35 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Cream Tuatara, don't give me more lies. You ARE Odium. How do I know? I hit you with a roleblock last night, expecting it to not go through. I'm already aware of the fact that your faction has Preservation, and I took that into account. What would I do if I had taken Odium and wanted to hide it? I would use Preservation's ability to make it invisible to all actions. And I was right on the money. Sure as buttons, my action wasn't role blocked, wasn't redirected, it just failed. I'm sure you'll say "oh it was just to protect me because I'm ambition" or some such nonsense, but you know just as well as I do that you're lying. I don't trust you one BIT with Odium, given how much your faction has hedged about their goals. You have been adamantly demanding that your faction doesn't have Odium for 2 whole cycles now. Meanwhile, my faction has literally nothing to hide at this point. 
Plus, at this point, I have allies, and some weapons. I'm sick as you are of lynching Odium for no good reason. I've already promised my faction won't use it for anything nefarious, because we don't need to. Your faction has proved to be a loose cannon multiple times.
Oh, and are you going to kill me? Boo-hoo, I've already been killed once. I'll just make sure to finish my RP arc before I get murdered for the third time. I really don't care if I die. I've taken up a cause, and I plan on pursuing it.  
If you pass it to another faction, I wouldn't care, because right now just about every other faction, I'm on better terms with than your faction. 
I have no interest in extorting your faction. I've made what I want extremely clear- I want Odium returned. Then we can all move on with our lives. 
As for your team-mate, Weasel, I'm pretty sure Joe Cloud killed them too in an attempt to hit Devotion, since I'm pretty sure the other kill roles are accounted for. Unless Dominion created a Dakhor Monk, of coure, but Odium makes a lot more sense. 

That...makes sense, and I see no reason to kill Toucan at this point. Tuatara. I think I trust the Garden with Odium far more than the Cloud. Especially given that the Cloud now has three Shards to the Garden’s one. If the Cloud wanted peace, they should not have tried to Shatter Devotion with Odium, which was presumably their intent, given Dragonfly’s earlier comment. 

As for Toucan, @Azure Mouse, there’s no reason to kill a non-hostile neutral, they likely wouldn’t die anyway, and though I voted on them thinking they were a liar earlier, in my opinion Albatross hasn’t been specific enough to refute their most recent claim. 

@Sunburst Toucan, I just got confirmation about one way you could still be survival and neutral despite what happened (and yes, we checked whether solo Neutrals would count when you claimed D1). If possible, I wouldn't mind a PM with you at a later point to confirm that you did what I think you did. For now my suspicion of you is toned down again, and I'm voting for Tuatara. Though I doubt Odium will ever find its way back to the garden, I think a faction with 3 shards should either lose one of those shards, or take a big enough hit to their action economy that they can't properly leverage the big advantage of having 3 shards.

Edited by Magenta Albatross
grammar

2 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

Tuatara, sorry, I don't think you deserve to die, but I don't think I can save you.  Do you have any suggestions of a counter-lynch that might benefit other factions here, perhaps, so you have a fighting chance?

I can give you one. MouseWeasel/Albatross. If I'm right, they are at least 60% towards winning.

@Saffron Iguana, was someone in your faction attacked and protected during the game? Likely N4? If so, Mouse's Weasel's faction did it. They have (I suspect) the Win Con of Protecting one member from each faction from an attack/lynch. They attacked and protected Tuatara N2. We lynched a protected Mouse Weasel D2 so if one of your faction was attacked, that's 3/5 factions completed. They admitted to attacking/protecting Toucan last night so they aren't shy of attacking which is why we have been trying to whittle down their numbers. Yes, we attacked and killed Chameleon but we did it to give ourselves a fighting chance. (I've suspected a faction had that win con since Tuatara was attacked but now I know what faction it is.)

Edited by Mauve Crocodile
Replaced all mice with weasels.

Just now, Cream Tuatara said:

Also, for @Chartreuse Penguin, assuming I were to have odium, if I were to peacefully return odium, would you let me live?

I can tell you my faction is still attempting to get their wincon, but we are no where near as close as Croc claims mouse and albatross are. 

I would let you live if you give it back to me. But how do I know that you would do so? Other than the threat of being lynched tomorrow? 

20 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

I can give you one. Mouse/Albatross. If I'm right, they are at least 60% towards winning.

@Saffron Iguana, was someone in your faction attacked and protected during the game? Likely N4? If so, Mouse's faction did it. They have (I suspect) the Win Con of Protecting one member from each faction from an attack/lynch. They attacked and protected Tuatara N2. We lynched a protected Mouse D2 so if one of your faction was attacked, that's 3/5 factions completed. They admitted to attacking/protecting Toucan last night so they aren't shy of attacking which is why we have been trying to whittle down their numbers. Yes, we attacked and killed Chameleon but we did it to give ourselves a fighting chance. (I've suspected a faction had that win con since Tuatara was attacked but now I know what faction it is.)

I’m slightly confused. Do you mean Weasel, not Mouse? Mouse wasn’t lynched D2, and I don’t think the Stewards are the same as GLaDOS, given that the “Steward” group seemed to defend Axolotl and the GLaDOS group, from what we know of them, voted against him. Also, I’m curious how you’d orchestrate protection on a player when your Shards are Devotion and Ruin, neither of which can save anybody (except for Devotion saving people from the lynch). 

14 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Also, I’m curious how you’d orchestrate protection on a player when your Shards are Devotion and Ruin, neither of which can save anybody (except for Devotion saving people from the lynch). 

Feruchemists can protect people, and Tuatara claimed that their survival was due to being given an extra life by a Feruchemist. If they've saved a member of GLaDOS, Joe Cloud, and Hidden Garden, they need to get a member of Utility Company, and a member of our faction for full victory.  If Toucan was attacked, that means that they can likely pick which  factions they want to protect, rather than all the living factions, as Heron could easily have been attacked and saved this past night. I believe they also protected Axolotl at some point, as Weasel was very sure that Axolotl would survive the lynch D4. What doesn't make sense is that Ruin then attacked Axolotl on Roshar, where Feruchemical protection is hard to come by. Additionally, if they get notified when their win condition i advanced, I would have expected them to murder someone from N2 onwards. Tuatara on N2, ??? N3, Axolotl N4, ??? N5, Toucan N6. Was anyone attacked night 3 or 5?

2 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

@Saffron Iguana, was someone in your faction attacked and protected during the game? Likely N4? If so, Mouse's faction did it.

Has your faction not figured out I am part of the Hidden Garden? Everyone should know that by now. And I dont know why I should answer this question. Iirc, you are Hail Joe, and the way I personally see it, I see no reason to work with you against a possible ally. 

3 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

Tuatara, sorry, I don't think you deserve to die, but I don't think I can save you.

I 100% disagree. Tuatara bacically confessed to knowing where Odium is. And whether or not this was them being truthful, I dont care. The amount of stress and frustration the Hail Joe faction has caused me and my factionmate is enough in my opinion, I have no problem lynching them. Here is how the game has gone from the Hidden Garden's perspective:

C1: hey, look at all theae cool Wincons we have available! Wait, the kill everyone sounds a bit boring, and the second one seems unreasonably difficult. Lets go with the fun sounding one that encourages inter-faction diplomacy!

C2: oh, we figured out who Autonomy is. They were dangerous last game, better safe than sorry. Hopefully they will contact us so we can fuse them back together.

C3: nothing notable.

C4: Lion started getting targetted for the lynch, and we were suspicious, and there seemed to be quite a push on him for seemingly no reason. While other people have complained about this game being "inquisitiony", I very much disagree. So far everything has had a reason, even if people don't know it.

We were disappointed Odium was being revealed, but it wasnt so bad. We felt we were decently enough trusted that people wouldnt focus on us too hard.

Towards the end of the day Axolotl called in our group PM for people to switch their votes from Mauve to Lion. This entire time Ax had been telling Lion on Roshar that they should work together. This sudden change in tone made us think something suspicious was going on.

Sure enough, we were notified we lost Odium. Down 2 players and a Shard, our power level was now seriously cut, so we made it our top priority to find and recover the Shard. We were sure Axolotl was involved, so the question became, "what is his role?". By the end of the turn, we were certain he was Hoid, but we also were sure he would have a self protecting action (the self targeting one). Because of this, we enlisted a killing role to hit him that night.

C5: Ax survived. After all of the work we had done, we had lost our chance of getting OUR Shard back. But we knew this would be the only cycle lynching Ax would be an option, so we went for it. And it was Confirmed that he did have it. Surely all the hard work we had put into recovering the Shard would go rewarded right?

Wrong! Because Ax passed the Shard the same turn. What makes all this worse, is the only reason that Ax was able to pass the Shard (from my understanding), is because too many players had made plans built around that passing of a Shard.

I had already tried to Culti PM Croc, and the PM went through, and we both sent a single message before it was realized that the PM shouldnt have been able to go through. Presumably because Mauve was targeted by Preservation. I don't blame the GMs, but objectively this is another case where my faction gets screwed. Hail Joe learns I am alligned with Culti, and I dont get to have the PM with them.

C6: Gecko dies. Down to 2 players, and 1 shard. We genuinly thought it would be possible to recover Odium, but Apperantly we just wasted 5 turns of actions, as it was pretty much impossible from the moment we lost the Shard.

TL;DR: I am really frustrated. As far as I am concerned, the cause of most of that frustration is the Hail Joe faction.

Tuatara

Would I refrain from lynching you if you passed Odium? Yes. Yes I would.

Here is the thing. I dont trust you at all right now. At all. So here is the deal. If you dont pass the Shard to my faction, I will continue to push lynches on your factionmates until you do. I have every reason to think you killed Gecko as well.

The alternative is you kill me. And honestly, I would be ok with that. The sooner the game ends, the sooner you can read my faction doc, and realize exactly how upset I am. (And why, because this post probably wasn't written well enough to communicate that)

I have been trying really hard to keep this out of the thread, but bottling up emotions makes them worse, and that has been what has been happening to me.

Just to clarify, other than the rules, and other factions screwing over my faction, this game has been very fun.

Edited by Saffron Iguana

7 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

Well, Toucan, if your wincon is indeed to Survive, wouldn't it just benefit everyone to lynch you since it means that you won't win?

Well, that doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you want other people to lose if it doesn't have any effect whatsoever on your winning?

6 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

If possible, I wouldn't mind a PM with you at a later point to confirm that you did what I think you did.

Sure, I'll try to make that happen sometime.

5 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

You killed my factionmate.

Could I ask who are you claiming that Tuatara and/or Odium killed?

Hello! I am not really sure what to say. I feel like I should incriminate Tuatara with everyone else, but sadly my days of flipping coins has left with little to no proof.

So I guess I’ll just have to trust everyone’s word again that Tuatara is evil? I mean, I remember where I defended Axolotl and that sort of ended up being wrong, so I guess I shouldn’t defend Tuatara. Of course, I could flip a coin, but there aren’t really any candidates.

Chartruese, that’s some pretty daring threats.

Other than that, RP comes every Monday, Thursday, Friday so stay tuned!

(jk: here’s some now)

———-/-\————

Exvee sighed, bringing in the cool Scadrian air. “I remember this,” the cloaked man said. Exvee raises an eyebrow and looked towards him. He still hadn’t explained his knowledge.

“What exactly do you remember?” Exvee asked as they walked in the snow. The cloaked man paused, then looked towards Exvee. “Exvee, I have access to a lot of private information,” he said.

Exvee frowned. The man hasn’t given him a name either. “What do you mean?” He asked as he signalled Dave92 to give him a piece of paper and a pen. He’d reached over a hundred and twenty converts, and counting.

“I mean,” the cloaked man said as they reached an intersection in the streets. A large stage was waiting for them. “You remember your father?”

Exvee nodded again. “Exeyevee,”

The cloaked man nodded. “Your grandfather?”

“Exeyeeyevee,”

“Notice a pattern?”

Exvee shook his head. The cloaked man sighed, looking up, Exvee followed his gaze. “Isn’t it amazing how we can travel to different planets? FTL travel is amazing.

Exvee paused. “I don’t really think so. Too dangerous, especially when you can just use the Cogntive Realm,”

The cloaked man looked to Exvee and patted his back, smiling. “I fully agree.”

They approached the stage. “This the place?” the cloaked man asked. Exvee nodded. “I got Dave40 to Dave65 to set it up.”

He could make a speech on this stage. Attract more converts, more Daves. He was less drunk now, apparently the cloaked man approved stew than anything else, but Exvee got on the stage with a flourish and began speaking into the mic.

@Saffron Iguana, I'm confused. I thought you worked out a deal with Hoid to help you with your win cons. Hoid was to steal Shards and give them to us and your faction was to use Culty to fuse them together. You got your win con of fusing 5 Shards, We got our win con of Adonalsium being reborn and Hoid got theirs of having all Shards in one faction. Lion being lynched was part of the plan then your faction for some reason decided not to do so and started lynching me. We thought you had decided to go a different way so we stuck with stealing Odium and moved on to another plan. When you PMed me, I thought it was to try and get the first plan up and running again but the next day you were all pissed about Odium being stolen.

Edited by Mauve Crocodile

8 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

@Saffron Iguana, I'm confused. I thought you worked out a deal with Hoid to help you with your win cons. Hoid was to steal Shards and give them to us and your faction was to use Culty to fuse them together. You got your win con of fusing 5 Shards, We got our win con of Adonalsium being reborn and Hoid got theirs of having all Shards in one faction. Lion being lynched was part of the plan then your faction for some reason decided not to do so and started lynching me. We thought you had decided to go a different way so we stuck with stealing Odium and moved on to another plan. When you PMed me, I thought it was to try and get the first plan up and running again but the next day you were all pissed about Odium.

You are confusing me slightly, but this is enough for the moment to Tuatara. (Dont think I will hesitate to put it back though)

Ok, Hoid (Axolotl) never contacted me. The only players I ever told my wincon to were Weasel and Toucan. However I told Toucan that I had to fuse 6 Shards, not 5. Both Toucan and I are in the Khriss doc, and they told me last turn that my wincon was to fuse 5, so info has gotten around somewhere. How did you learn my wincon?

Again, Axolotl was asking Lion for their support, however quickly changed to lynching Lion without reason.

Axolotl also was very anti-Hidden Garden in my group PM with him. There wasnt a big chance I was going to waste a turn PMing him again.

I contacted you because my faction thought you might be in the Utility Company, and I wanted to offer to fuse Autonomy.

Edit: Someone is playing all the factions. Perhaps Ax's wincon was never what you thought.

Another edit: though I will choose to not lynch you, I still want Odium back if you have it.

Edited by Saffron Iguana