4 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Mouse arranged a PM with Axolotl through one of his faction-mates. Though this proves that Mouse is not in Axolotl's faction, it supports the belief that something was in it for Mouse or his faction, which is why Mouse came to Axolotl's aid. 

mouse care to elaborate?

@Azure Mouse

Edited by Melon Dingo
Added tag

Here's the vote count as far as I can tell:

Cream (3) - Mint, Indigo, Emerald
Sage (0) - Cream
Joe (3) - Chartreuse, Magenta, Sunburst, Saffron, Quartz
Ivory (1) - Cream
Azure (5) - Oxblood, Turquoise, Quartz, Onyx, Melon
Charcoal (3) - Ivory, Magenta, Pearl
Indigo (1) - Charcoal

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion
ninja vote

15 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

So here's what I'm thinking. We all seem to know a decent amount of information about who has been working with odium. 

My faction was involved in the vote to protect axolotl, yes. I knew axolotl was hoid, yes. 

I am also aware that the reason the vote went to Opal was so that Odium could be stolen. 

So we have a lynch between Hyena who might have been working with Axolotl, Mouse who was probably working with Axolotl, and Tuatara who has outright admitted to working with Axolotl. We're lynching one of these players because we can, and on the off-chance that one of them possesses Odium. With supposedly at least two factions working with Axolotl, and the possibility that Odium reverted to Falcon or Hidden Garden, our chances of actually lynching Odium are not great. What's the next step here? Keep lynching people until Odium is found? Wiping out the faction(s) that worked with Axolotl?

15 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

But there was a mention of a faction when Hoid died. It said Axolotl was in the Ancients faction. Khriss was in a faction of her own (named after her), so either she was Solo or with one other person (likely Nahz if anyone). The Ancients as a faction seems to imply a group of people.

Khriss's faction is not named after her; it's the Silverlight Research labs faction. On Day 1, Joe clarified that a single player counts as a faction unless they don't, which, while not particularly helpful, does mean that it's possible for a faction to have only one member.

7 minutes ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

the other inhabitants of Roshar during that cycle were Opal Lion, Fuschia Ostrich, and Sage Kangaroo. Opal had no reason to reveal that information, and I don’t think Sage even looked at the doc.

Since Axolotl helped kill Opal, it might have been a good idea to reveal that information. Ostrich seemed rather sure that Axolotl was lying about not having a secret role, which would make sense if they were in the Roshar doc. Ostrich apparently believed that Axolotl would spill more secrets if left alive, but seeing as how Axolotl went to their death still clinging to lies, this may not have been true.

1 hour ago, Indigo Weasel said:

My contact believes them, as the animal in question has been pretty trustworthy in their opinion. I trust their judgement.

Just FYI, according to my Cultivation PM both Iguana and Flamingo are in contact with Weasel. Do with that information what you will. 

I’m currently leaning towards the Ancients not existing, as has been pointed out earlier. As passing Shards comes after the lynch (I think) there would be no way for Odium to revert to Mouse. I’m looking specifically at this post of Joe’s, when Heron asks Joe what happens if a Shard was killed as the last member of their faction: 

It would go to anyone who previously held the shard. If all players who have held a shard, shared an alignment with a shard, or been targeted in anyway by the shard are dead, then the shard would be given to a random faction.

Previous holder of the Shard is first; Lion is dead, and therefore no longer in consideration. Shared alignment is the second criterion, which means that a Hidden Garden member currently has the Shard, unless I’ve misread the rules here. Penguin, however, has claimed rather assertively that they don’t have the Shard. I’m struggling with explanations, so any help on this would be appreciated.

Also, Charcoal Hyena, as they were also in the Sel doc, and could potentially be Mouse’s “contact.” Though I’m not sure why association with Axolotl is now a crime, Hyena is an impediment to my goals of a free PM with another player, is part of a faction that might have Odium, and is most importantly not in my faction. 

Why don't we have Odium? Because Axolotl passed it to someone before it could revert to us. Really kind of underhanded move, if you ask me. 
If Hidden Garden had Odium, I would be upfront about it. And then no one would be attacked by Odium, because my faction isn't really all that interested in killing people. I'm basically Hidden Garden's PR person right now, because everyone already knows my faction, but I'm not going to fib about us having Odium. That affects everyone. As such, I'm going to go with the assumption that Axolotl passed Odium to someone who was working with them. So, I'm tempted to just go with Joe Cream Tuatara. Even if they aren't a lizard, them being openly involved in the whole Odium stealing thing is underhanded, uncool, and I want them dead. Even though Tuataras are critically endangered and all that. 
I'll probably get some RP up finally tomorrow, I've been a bit swamped with RL responsibilities to write more RP. 

5 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Khriss's faction is not named after her; it's the Silverlight Research labs faction. On Day 1, Joe clarified that a single player counts as a faction unless they don't, which, while not particularly helpful, does mean that it's possible for a faction to have only one member.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood how Khriss was listed when she died. I also wasn't super active early in the game and could easily have missed a lot of important bits and clarifications.

5 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

As passing Shards comes after the lynch (I think) there would be no way for Odium to revert to Mouse.

I'm not 100 percent sure, and I've already shown I'm not an expert in the rules, but I believe someone said last cycle that the lynch is last in the order of actions.

Since this is coming up:

Order of actions: 

Roleblock/redirect

Protect/ extra life

All other actions

Kills

Action scans

So, it's possible that Hoid stashed Odium in the Vessel of his choosing. And with Ambition on his side, he could theoretically keep stealing Shards as a Shade. He would of course die from the action, but the Shard he stole would go to the person he last invested in, the person who got Odium.

52 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Personally, Odium is more of a threat because they can shatter shards, not just kill people.

But they weren't a threat before it got stolen so why now? Sorry if I'm not seeing the obvious but I'm really don't see the reason for finding who has Odium when beforehand no one really seemed to care.

So, I also wasn't hugely active early in the game...and then was mostly dead for a while...so I'm really not entirely sure what to think.  Cream's post seems kind of...frantic...but still somewhat genuine.  Charcoal I'm not sure about...but it definitely seems like Mouse is hiding something.

I also find it somewhat odd that people are jumping to the conclusion that Odium is the culprit for the most recent kill.  As has been pointed out a couple times, there are several kill roles that could have been responsible.  So, anyone who's trying claim that Hidden Garden would be a better faction for Odium than whatever faction it's currently in likely either knows who actually was responsible for the kill or wants to have Odium available to them in order to have the kill action available.

I know this is pretty weak logic...but it's what I have to work with right now.

10 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

But they weren't a threat before it got stolen so why now? Sorry if I'm not seeing the obvious but I'm really don't see the reason for finding who has Odium when beforehand no one really seemed to care.

Because we weren't going to shatter anyone (other than autonomy, who we determined to be a big enough threat to everyone's health that it was worth shattering). 
Also because there's a faction with three shards, and my faction ain't doing so hot atm because people keep killing us for some reason. 

Edited by Chartreuse Penguin

13 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Because we weren't going to shatter anyone (other than autonomy, who we determined to be a big enough threat to everyone's health that it was worth shattering). 
Also because there's a faction with three shards, and my faction ain't doing so hot atm because people keep killing us for some reason. 

Your faction seems to have Endowment though, so I guess death is more of an inconvenience for you guys. Unless Amethyst’s faction has Endowment, but then why Return you first?

Edited by Onyx Flamingo

4 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

Your faction seems to have Endowment though, so I guess death is more of an inconvenience for you guys. Unless Amethyst’s faction has Endowment, but then why Return you first?

You do realize that 2 members of my faction are currently dead... if I or one of my remaining team-mates had Endowment, don't you think we would be a bit more vigorous with our use of Endowment? I suspect my return had something to do with finishing my RP arc, which I promise I will get around to doing. 

Okay, I'm honestly surprised the Cream Tuatara lynch went as far as it did. Yes, it's possible they have Odium. However, it's also possible that their faction mate Charcoal Hyena might also have Odium, and it's dumb splitting the vote between two members of the same faction.

"Well, this is annoying. By dividing our efforts among the HAIL JOE faction, we'll end up lynching none of them, and end up with one of my faction mates lynched. Obviously I don't want that, so I'll come clean."

NoReh cracked his knuckles, enjoying the sound it made.

"Dragonfly, Mouse, and I are part of the same faction. After we learned of Axolotl targeting himself and one other person with two actions, we got him to claim a neutral role, and had Mouse PM him. We learned that he was Hoid, and that he wanted a faction, he didn't care which, to win by the Adonalsium Reborn condition. We got into a bidding war over Odium with the HAIL JOE faction. I had made a separate PM with Hyena to further my faction's outreach. Axolotl only knew of Dragonfly's and Mouse's alignment, so I placed a vote on Axolotl to do some distancing. Unfortunately, Hyena leaked my alignment to Axolotl and I had to pretend to be a hammer vote. I wasn't happy about this and vented loudly to all of Scadrial. After we realized Axolotl was doomed, I finally switched my vote to seal the deal."

He breathed, happy to get that off of his chest.

"Only Dragonfly and Mouse are part of my faction. The rest of the votes on Chameleon most likely came from HAIL JOE which is Hyena's faction. I suspect its remaining members are Tuatara, Crocodile, and Flamingo. Obviously they've piled onto the only lynch that doesn't kill one of their own. If you want a chance of lynching Odium, do you really think it would be with us, the faction who only committed half way to Hoid. Or do you think it went with the faction that worked with him to kill Odium in the first place? It's your call."

Well, it looks like the purple alliance is real. Scorpion and Flamingo appear to be in one faction, with Mouse in another. With Scorpion and Flamingo avoiding votes for Hyena and Tuatara, and Heron's claim that those latter two are in the same faction, it appears that Scorpion, Flamingo, Hyena, and Tuatara are part of the same faction. Crocodile is also part of the purple alliance, and as Mouse tried to lynch them day 4, the two are unlikely to be in the same faction. That leaves Scorpion, Flamingo, Hyena, Tuatara, and Crocodile likely to be all in the same faction. If that's all true, then if they have six players in their faction, their last member is probably Gorilla, which makes the Mouse lynch something close to a very gradual hammer. One of these factions presumably has Ambition, the last member of the purple alliance, who can add a vote to either Mouse or Hyena, either making the lynch closer or swinging it further away. 

10 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

"Well, this is annoying. By dividing our efforts among the HAIL JOE faction, we'll end up lynching none of them, and end up with one of my faction mates lynched. Obviously I don't want that, so I'll come clean."

NoReh cracked his knuckles, enjoying the sound it made.

"Dragonfly, Mouse, and I are part of the same faction. After we learned of Axolotl targeting himself and one other person with two actions, we got him to claim a neutral role, and had Mouse PM him. We learned that he was Hoid, and that he wanted a faction, he didn't care which, to win by the Adonalsium Reborn condition. We got into a bidding war over Odium with the HAIL JOE faction. I had made a separate PM with Hyena to further my faction's outreach. Axolotl only knew of Dragonfly's and Mouse's alignment, so I placed a vote on Axolotl to do some distancing. Unfortunately, Hyena leaked my alignment to Axolotl and I had to pretend to be a hammer vote. I wasn't happy about this and vented loudly to all of Scadrial. After we realized Axolotl was doomed, I finally switched my vote to seal the deal."

He breathed, happy to get that off of his chest.

"Only Dragonfly and Mouse are part of my faction. The rest of the votes on Chameleon most likely came from HAIL JOE which is Hyena's faction. I suspect its remaining members are Tuatara, Crocodile, and Flamingo. Obviously they've piled onto the only lynch that doesn't kill one of their own. If you want a chance of lynching Odium, do you really think it would be with us, the faction who only committed half way to Hoid. Or do you think it went with the faction that worked with him to kill Odium in the first place? It's your call."

Now that's a bald face lie and you know it! Hoid told us your faction was getting Odium and we were going to get Devotion. We even asked you (via Hoid) to bring back Scorpion as a sign of good faith since you were getting a Kill Shard.

Since it seems the cats out of the bag. Mouse. We were willing to work with you but it seems you're not willing to work with us now that you got what you wanted.

5 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Now that's a bald face lie and you know it! Hoid told us your faction was getting Odium and we were going to get Devotion. We even asked you (via Hoid) to bring back Scorpion as a sign of good faith since you were getting a Kill Shard.

Since it seems the cats out of the bag. Mouse. We were willing to work with you but it seems you're not willing to work with us now that you got what you wanted.

"You should at least make your lies believable. How exactly were you going to get Devotion? Hoid died with only Odium in his possession. Unless Chameleon was Devotion... If that's the case, thanks for letting us know that information. I have to wonder how you were so accurate at knowing Shards though. Sounds like people have loose tongues in the Dead Doc."

3 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Since it seems the cats out of the bag. Mouse. We were willing to work with you but it seems you're not willing to work with us now that you got what you wanted

And now for exciting yet very, very unnecessary inter-factional violence. If Axolotl said that we were getting Odium, then that was a lie. Axolotl chose to die rather than give us Odium. You can ask yourself with Ambition, if you'd like. And how did you think you were going to get Devotion? Axolotl was incapable of killing, and our agreement with Hoid was a mutual non-aggression treaty. Even if you believed we would receive Odium, did you think we would go around killing people just because Axolotl asked us to? 

I'm sure whatever faction has Devotion should be thrilled about this... also, bring back Scorpion? Didn't scorpion get brought back? 

11 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

SO, mr Joe faction. Why does my faction keep getting targeted? My faction has been accused of being murderous, but to me it's you guys who are being murderous. My faction has killed all of one person, and my is being picked off one by one for some reason beyond me. 

6 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

"You should at least make your lies believable. How exactly were you going to get Devotion? Hoid died with only Odium in his possession. Unless Chameleon was Devotion... If that's the case, thanks for letting us know that information. I have to wonder how you were so accurate at knowing Shards though. Sounds like people have loose tongues in the Dead Doc."

You already knew that. That's why Dragonfly requested Chameleon be lynched and this back-stabbery is likely why they asked one of Joe faction be the first to vote for them.

4 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

I'm sure whatever faction has Devotion should be thrilled about this... also, bring back Scorpion? Didn't scorpion get brought back? 

SO, mr Joe faction. Why does my faction keep getting targeted? My faction has been accused of being murderous, but to me it's you guys who are being murderous. My faction has killed all of one person, and my is being picked off one by one for some reason beyond me. 

Yes. At our request in return for not revealing Mouse and co got Odium. And Scorpion was Returned.

I have no idea. Try asking the faction with two kill Shards! Faction Joe has killed no one outside of the lynch.

Edited by Mauve Crocodile