There is actually a theory floating around that Nazh doesnt actually exist; and that I was fooled into thinking Khriss had a teammate. I am not sure what to think about that yet, but there is some circumstantial evidence to support that.

However, even if Nazh did speak up, I wouldn't want to lynch them. It isnt good practice to lynch neutrals for just being neutrals. Axolotl was a differant case.

Edit: I get that that was probably a joke, but I want to make sure this gets out there.

Edited by Saffron Iguana

Well, looks like my Ire theory was not correct. It was a great theory, IMO, because it would make perfect thematic sense for the Ire to be a group that would steal shards. Would have been cool if I had been correct, but I'm glad I have my revenge on Axolotl for lying so profusely. Would have worked out better for them if they had just confessed to being Hoid and having Odium. 
If Odium lands back in my faction, I'll guarantee that Odium will remain unused unless we really really need the kill. I, at least, would much rather cooperate to allow more groups to win at once, then just try and kill everyone to win that way. I've always been a fan of joint wins. 

1 hour ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Well, looks like my Ire theory was not correct. It was a great theory, IMO, because it would make perfect thematic sense for the Ire to be a group that would steal shards. Would have been cool if I had been correct, but I'm glad I have my revenge on Axolotl for lying so profusely. Would have worked out better for them if they had just confessed to being Hoid and having Odium. 

Just saying, Hoid's group is called the Ancients, while aon Ire represents time or Age. The Ancients could quite easily just be a translation of the Ire.

edit:

56 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Curious, does anyone know how Hoid works/what his abilities were?

If I had to guess, he can steal shards if he's part of their lynch (which is probably a passive ability), and he probably knows where the shards are at any one time, or by using an action (which explains his claims about Shardic movement), but probably not their identity.

Edited by Magenta Albatross

11 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Huh, looks like I was wrong about Hoid stealing Odium. Not sorry I tried to save him though as I still think Hoid can't kill/attack so him having Odium was the best option for everyone not in Odiums faction.

Apparently he'd been planning the death of flacon though. Either way, I at least will rest a lot easier knowing that it's going to be very difficult to get at my faction's Shards now. And through today's votes it shouldn't be that hard to track down the remaining members of the hidden garden if Odium goes on a killing spree.

We didn't get Odium back. Someone still has Odium, not entirely sure who, but it would have been someone who Axolotl trusted. Which definitely wasn't my faction. Also, you make a good point Albatross. But I'm not entirely sure that's a faction... it might just be Hoid... but who knows. Maybe he was the leader of the Ire this entire time and I was really on to him! Hah! 

All of a sudden it seems there is nothing to discuss. So, I'm just going to pose some questions based on the write-up.

First off, I remember someone suggesting a while ago that it appeared they were revealing factions based on color of the rainbow. Hmthis seems to be confirmed more now, khriss was green, and hoid was blue, therefore red, orange, yellow, green, blue. It that's the case, there might just be 1 faction(maybe two) left who hasn't lost anyone. Purple. (Maybe indigo/violet. )

Second. It appears that a net of one vote was negated. I counted 12 names on axolotl, but 11 votes were counted. I haven't been paying super close attention to vote negations this game, so I don't know how prevalent they are. I know that there are multiple roles that have vote manipulation, but I am not currently familiar with very many of them. 

Third. It appears we still have the case of the missing odium. Any information regarding that?

17 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

It appears we still have the case of the missing odium

My guess would be Odium passed to someone among the Ancient faction upon Hoid's death. Part of why people (at least to my understanding) thought it would go back to the original faction was that Hoid was factionless, and therefore Odium would go to the last faction who held it. That doesn't include the possibility that Axolotl invested someone last turn, or that Hoid hasn't passed to the Spiritual realm, so may possibly still possess Odium.

Edit: Also, @A Joe in the Bush, the write-up says the day turn ends Sunday Jan 28.

Edited by Pearl Chameleon

I don't know why Joe would be uncertain where Odium ended up if something as simple as Investing or passing took place. In the clarification about where Shards end up if no member of the Vessel's faction is alive and nobody was Invested, Joe listed 'shared an alignment with the Shard' and 'targeted by the Shard' as qualifications to become the new Vessel. While it's unclear whether Axolotl actually tried to attack Falcon with Odium, if that attack did occur, Falcon could be the new Vessel of Odium.

37 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Second. It appears that a net of one vote was negated. I counted 12 names on axolotl, but 11 votes were counted. 

That is GM error. Apologies

20 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Edit: Also, @A Joe in the Bush, the write-up says the day turn ends Sunday Jan 28.

Noted. I'll fix that.

This RP will span the past cycle, starting with Night 4.

N4~

Gilgamesh stood before the cavern that held this world's singularity.  Much had happened in the previous days.  He had made new friends, ones even stronger than he was, only to see one of them brutally executed by those who feared their power, or would steal it for themselves.  He had learned the language of this worlds wizards, the "worldhoppers" who told them of the "singularities," the gateways between worlds, and of "shards," this worlds gods.  He had been told his friend was one of them.  And they had killed him for it, despite the fact that he had done nothing but good.  What impudence.  Gilgamesh could practically smell the malevolence of those who had killed him on Silverlight all the way from Scadrial.  He was done gathering power, done waiting for things to happen: Now it was time to act.

Gilgamesh looked into the cave that he had first appeared in front of.  It would take far more energy to pierce this gateway than it had to enter the one in Silverlight; that one had been condensed purely for the purpose of entering Scadrial; this singularity was untamed, and would require much of the power Gilgamesh had gained to transverse.  Gilgamesh steadied himself, drawing from the many metal minds he had collected during his stay on Scadrial.  He tapped strength, allowing the density of his muscles to increase tenfold.  Investiture, as he had been told it was called, swirled around his arms as he gathered the strength and speed he had stored over the past days.  He flexed, testing his power.  He would have to concentrate it in order to make it through this singularity.  He calmed himself, letting power flow through his body.  He entered a stance, stepped quickly forwards, and punched through the singularity.  Investiture condensed rapidly, and swirled as reality folded around Gilgamesh's fist.  He felt himself being swept through the singularity, and into the Cognitive Realm.

~~~

Later that night...

Gilgamesh stalked the now nearly empty streets of Silverlight.  He had spent several hours searching for the one who he believed had been directing the execution of his friend.  His friend, the man they had executed, had been a quiet type, and though it filled him with sadness, Gilgamesh had never learned his name.  Still, the man had taught Gilgamesh much about the Cosmere in the time they had known each other, and when they had sparred, Gilgamesh had been forced to bow to his superior strength.  Gilgamesh thought there was good in him, and his death had been unjust.  The man had found Gilgamesh hiding on Scadrial, given him the fight that he had wanted, beaten him, and yet still stayed to teach him.  Such a man deserved a better death than a public execution.  He had fought Odium's influence to the bitter end.

Now, Gilgamesh hunted.  He was looking for the worldhopper who had coerced many others into testifying to his friend's guilt; the worldhopper who had gotten his friend executed.

Vioax.

Gilgamesh had followed the scent of his friend's power - which had been stolen from his body as he lay dying - to the streets of Silverlight.  And now he saw her.  Vioax.  She stood among other world hoppers, talking and laughing.  

"VIOAX!"  Gilgamesh roared, tapping his metal minds for a moment and letting his muscles swell as he walked towards her.  "You've been avoiding me!  Now tell me..."

Gilgamesh stopped as he saw Odium's power swirling around Vioax.  She tried to hide it, but it was as clear to Gilgamesh as the night sky.

"I'd like to know what you've done with Odium."  Gilgamesh said, gathering his strength for a fight.  When his friend had held this power, it had been an unstoppable force.  But now, in this woman's hands, it's power was nowhere near as unstoppable a force as Gilgamesh's rage at the injustice that had been done to his friend.

"I don't know what you're talking about."  Vioax said, looking around nervously.  "I only thought that man was dangerous!  I had no idea he had Odium."

Gilgamesh glared at her, towering over her now.  

"Lies."  Gilgamesh whispered.  "I know you have Odium.  I can feel it's hatred corrupting you."

Vioax's eyes flashed, and Gilgamesh saw the power condensing around her.  What could she be doing?  Perhaps she was preparing for an attack.

Gilgamesh readied himself, tapping mental and physical speed.  The world around him slowed.  Yet Vioax did not attack.  Instead, Gilgamesh watched as a spren manifested next to Vioax, it's vines wrapping around her.  And he roared in frustration as, with a CRACK, Vioax disappeared from Silverlight.  Gilgamesh didn't have anywhere near the power to cross between realms right now, and by the time he got to a singularity, Vioax would be gone.

Gilgamesh steadied himself.  The others had seen.  They would know that Vioax was hiding something.  Fine.  He would play her game.  He would spread the word of her treachery, and soon enough, he would see her executed for her crimes.

Soon.

D5 RP to come.

1 hour ago, Cream Tuatara said:

First off, I remember someone suggesting a while ago that it appeared they were revealing factions based on color of the rainbow. Hmthis seems to be confirmed more now, khriss was green, and hoid was blue, therefore red, orange, yellow, green, blue. It that's the case, there might just be 1 faction(maybe two) left who hasn't lost anyone. Purple. (Maybe indigo/violet. )

*I die next*

*My faction becomes the indigo faction*

Day 6: Gaining Strength

Gilgamesh, filled with glory at having finally killed the woman who killed his friend, now walked among the people Scadrial once more.  The shard of Odium had once again disappeared before it could be recovered from her body, but Gilgamesh rested easy in the thought that his friend had been avenged.  Besides, now that he was back on Scadrial, who could be foolish enough to attack him?  This place was filled with power, and those who lived here were not easily killed.  

And yet...  he was unsure.

Gilgamesh felt a dark presence filling the atmosphere of this place.  The people spoke more quietly, as if to avoid drawing attention to themselves.  The mists swirled more swiftly, as if agitated by some unseen menace.  And Gilgamesh himself felt anxious, filled with anticipation, yet he did not know why.  He was filled with unease, but could not place it's source.

Perhaps that was why he found himself meditating atop a mountain, miles from civilization, tensed and ready as if waiting for some unknown foe to appear.  Gilgamesh did not fear death.  But he would fight it, as with all opponents, with every ounce of his strength.  He would not die easily.

And soon enough, a darkness filled the mists around that mountain, it's craggy peaks now dripping with tainted investiture.  A sense of unending malice permeated the air, and a dark voice whispered to Gilgamesh.

"You left yourself unguarded."

Gilgamesh roared a warrior's response to the demons voice, standing despite the massive pressure that the creatures power now put upon him.  It's awful force weighed down on Gilgamesh, making it difficult for him to stand even with the strength from his metal minds.   Gilgamesh released investiture without Intent, pouring out his power in a wave of energy against his foe.  He had learned this technique on Silverlight; it was much like his old power.

The darkness reeled back, and if energy and swirling mist could seem surprised, this force most certainly did.  But then it was back, hundreds of dark appendages spiraling out of the swirling Investiture, slamming into Gilgamesh with the force of a hundred blows.

Again.

Again.

Again.

Gilgamesh trembled at the weight of the attacks, falling to one knee as he futilely fought against the onslaught of terrible blows.  He felt himself being pushed back, and the dark force gleefully brought him to the edge of the mountaintop.

"What will you do now, Gilgamesh?" the voice echoed, sneering the words as though his name were that of some sort of blasphemous act,  "You are weak beside my power."

Weak.

Gilgamesh faltered, forgotten memories and repressed emotions flooding into his mind.  His feet slipped, and rubble cascaded down over the lip of the mountain precipice.

Weak.

Gilgamesh struggled, fighting both against the onslaught of blows and the unrelenting torrent of twisted feelings wrapped up in that word.

Weak.

He had been to weak to save the man he called a friend.  Before that, too weak to stop the war in his native land.  Before that too weak...

Too weak to save his brother.

Never again, not ever again would he be called weak.

"I."

"AM NOT."

"WEAK!"

Gilgamesh, with the last of his rapidly fading strength, struck back against the maelstrom of tainted investiture, driving his own fists and fading energy deep into it's heart.  A roar of pain echoed across the mountaintops, shaking down tons of rubble and snow from the mountain range's icy tops.  Gilgamesh grinned, striking yet another blow, pouring all his force into it, knowing, perhaps, that it would be his last.

And then it was gone.  No more strength to use, metal to draw from.  No more strength.

And no more weakness.

Gilgamesh toppled back, falling far down the mountains, as darkness overtook him.

With fading breath and fading consciousness, Gilgamesh saw the stars shining brighter and brighter over the mountaintop.  Perhaps he would return here, in another day, another life.  The thought left his mind as one final notion filled it.

Perhaps, he really was strong.  Behind all his bluster, all his claims of outrageous strength, Gilgamesh had always doubted his own strength.  But now, despite all his misgivings, all his doubts, now, at the moment of his death, had he found what it meant to be strong?  Now, with no more real power left to him, having fought without fear, had he finally achieved true strength?

Yes.  This was what it was to be strong.  Fighting without fear, despite a lack of physical power, this was true strength.  He had finally found it; his ultimate goal.

Strength.

~~~

Too bad it had taken him dying to find it.

Note that Taupe Gecko wrote this writeup. They have no knowledge as to who killed them. Do not look for hints in this writeup.

Taupe Gecko was Slain! They were a beautiful lizard, and deserved a longer Life! They were a Worldhopper, Researcher, Feruchemist of the Hidden Gardens!
Ruby Bison was Slain! They were a Worldhopper of the Not actually real Faction! JK Lol, I enjoy trolling you guys.

Player List:
1. Amethyst Scorpion Worldhopper, Researcher, Returned!
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture Vessel, Autonomy
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin Worldhopper, Truthwatcher, Returned!
6. Coral Swan
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly 
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion Vessel, Odium
18. Oxblood Beagle
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat Khriss, Khriss
25. Sapphire Elephant
26. Scarlet Octopus  Worldhopper, Mastrell
27. Sunburst Toucan
28. Taupe Gecko Worldhopper, Researcher, Feruchemist.
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl  Hoid, Odium

Shardworld Tracker:
Yolen: 2/8 charges
First of the Sun: 2/6 charges (This was actually supposed to update at the last rollover. Oops.)
The day will last until Thursday, January 31rd, 12:00 AM, Mountain Time

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Huh, no more Eyes of Trell. Is that intentional @A Joe in the Bush @Seonid?

...whichever faction killed Gecko, I’m a little bit annoyed with them right now. He was speaking a lot of sense, and I was enjoying the RP. If Endowment is feeling humanitarian, they could Return him. But it seems they’ve Returned Scorpion, who’s said basically nothing all game. Huh. 

@Emerald Falcon, have you received Odium? 

9 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

...whichever faction killed Gecko, I’m a little bit annoyed with them right now. He was speaking a lot of sense, and I was enjoying the RP. If Endowment is feeling humanitarian, they could Return him. But it seems they’ve Returned Scorpion, who’s said basically nothing all game. Huh. 

If the Ancients still have Odium, it's probably them, given that Gecko was a main driving force of the lynch of axolotl. If that's the case, I wouldn't be against going after them, as they seem to be using Odium a lot more than the Garden was.

@A Joe in the Bush, are we supposed to read something in the death of Ruby Bison, or was that just the DM's having fun?

7 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

@A Joe in the Bush, are we supposed to read something in the death of Ruby Bison, or was that just the DM's having fun?

As Joe is (I think) asleep and I already asked, I have been told that this was intended to provide confusion, and if people asked about it, he would clear it up. 100% serious and there are totally hidden/secret players playing the game, probably from the spectator doc. :)

Edit: I just realized that a Lizard has been slaiyn! Whoever did this must be stopped! The Lizards must unite against this anti-Lizard foe!

Edited by Saffron Iguana

5 hours ago, Quartz Zebra said:

But it seems they’ve Returned Scorpion, who’s said basically nothing all game. Huh.

Tough to talk too much when you're dead :o  I was definitely making loud noises in the dead doc!

In all seriousness, though, yes, I was rather inactive to start the game...then someone axed me...BUT I HAVE RETURNED!

EDIT: I'm also kind of lizardy, right?  At least reptilian.  I'm willing to join the reptile faction even if you won't let me be a lizard man.

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion