20 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

What a great strategy. If only everyone in this game could control the lynch like you apparently can.

What would you have me do? Change my vote and then get pelted with reasons to change it again? It’s a big tug of war between who to lynch and I’m just here trying to do what I think.

There’s no confirmation they stole Odium. But because they are a secret role that we know of we’re lynching them. And even they can steal Shards, then yeah, I’m more than a little worried about that. But then if I change my vote guess what? Now I’m a flip-flopper and then everyone who wants to lynch Chameleon is going to give me reasons to change back. So I’ve stated the reasons

I’m lynching Chameleon, not because I’ve got anything against Chameleon, but because I’ve been in positions where I’ve been a secret role and people have falsely accused me of things, and gotten me lynched. It’s not fun. I’m lynching then not because they voted for Axolotl, but because the lynch has turned into them vs. Axolotl And I’ve stated why I support the latter.

Edited by Onyx Flamingo

It looks like I've missed a lot. We've engaged in the blasphemy of discussing the lynch more than six hours in advance.

16 hours ago, Quartz Zebra said:

He has apparently claimed it himself, as Dragonfly, who looks to have allied with Axolotl to gain Odium (as evidenced by their vote), let that slip. And so has Heron, looking back at things. So by the admission of two people who are presumably allied with Axolotl, he definitely has Odium. 

Weasel made a claim about Shard-passing that presupposed Axolotl was Odium. I could have said something along the lines of 'lynching Odium wouldn't prevent the Shard from passing to a player of Odium's choice, but instead I addressed the factual errors of that claim using Weasel's assumption to save time. Heron definitely seemed more sure that Axolotl possessed Odium in their most recent post as opposed to their previous one, though Axolotl still denies possessing Odium.

10 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I'm a little lost, but my sources tell me that you tried to kill me, Axolotl. I don't appreciate the effort...

This could be condemning, if true. I don't see how you could say this for sure though unless Axolotl confessed to someone. The closest evidence I can think of is a combination of Falcon being attacked and a Truthwatch scan showing that Axolotl targeted Falcon. That would still be pretty suspicious if Falcon and Axolotl are on different planets, as only Shards, Researchers, and Elantrians can target off-planet, but not conclusive proof of murderous intent.

2 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

B. Flailing? That’s a good word. Not for this situation, though, since if I was desperate, I’d be pulling out more stops. Im not actually worried about the lynch, im just trying to help people recognize the point the faction war before they’re destroyed by backstabbers who distracted them. Once again, I’m sure every faction has an Elantrian or cultivation or can arrange for communication. If you are willing to reach out that way, I can answer more questions and pay up with currency. 

Would some of those stops include revealing information in thread? If you would answer questions in an Elantrian or 1-on-1 Cultivation PM no matter who sent the message, you can afford to spill a few secrets to everyone. To start with, why did Heron claim that you were Hoid and Odium's Vessel with markedly increased surety?

2 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

It looks like I've missed a lot. We've engaged in the blasphemy of discussing the lynch more than six hours in advance.

Weasel made a claim about Shard-passing that presupposed Axolotl was Odium. I could have said something along the lines of 'lynching Odium wouldn't prevent the Shard from passing to a player of Odium's choice, but instead I addressed the factual errors of that claim using Weasel's assumption to save time. Heron definitely seemed more sure that Axolotl possessed Odium in their most recent post as opposed to their previous one, though Axolotl still denies possessing Odium.

This could be condemning, if true. I don't see how you could say this for sure though unless Axolotl confessed to someone. The closest evidence I can think of is a combination of Falcon being attacked and a Truthwatch scan showing that Axolotl targeted Falcon. That would still be pretty suspicious if Falcon and Axolotl are on different planets, as only Shards, Researchers, and Elantrians can target off-planet, but not conclusive proof of murderous intent.

Would some of those stops include revealing information in thread? If you would answer questions in an Elantrian or 1-on-1 Cultivation PM no matter who sent the message, you can afford to spill a few secrets to everyone. To start with, why did Heron claim that you were Hoid and Odium's Vessel with markedly increased surety?

+1

2 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Or, you can die, and then we get straight answers, not hedging and lies. And frankly, I don't know why you're hyping up this faction war stuff. If there's a war going on between factions, I sure haven't noticed. Other than being killed, but that was because I was stupid. 

Well you may want to read the rules to the game again. There’s only ever been a war going on. 

1 hour ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Even if he passed the Shard this turn we will still be told if he had Odium. (Assuming there isn't a secret about that as well.)

I don’t think we’re told about previously held shards...

31 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

I've been in the same situation.

But in my case, I didn't openly lie or deceive others.

And my role's wincon wasn't nearly incompatible to every other wincon.

And we don't know it's only on a lynch. Maybe they target someone, and if they are a Shard, it is stolen.

How do you know what a hypothetical Hoid’s wincon is and how it’s incompatible? 

16 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

I guarantee no one wants all the stops pulled. It would include more information than you’d want. I wouldn’t answer any and all questions to just anyone in a one on one PM. You just have a better shot in that. About Heron, I have no idea. Ask them. 

Just now, Indigo Weasel said:

So it decreases the net win percentage of everyone.

That's not how math works.

If I shared everything I knew, people would be upset that I revealed what I knew about their faction and they would want me dead. My win percentage goes down. Because everyone knows everyone’s secrets, their win percentages go down. Someone will still win, but everyone’s chances go down and it draws negative feelings. 

7 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

If all win percentages drop, the percentage would be less than 100 percent total.

SOMEONE has to benefit. And personally, unless you're a doc spy, I think I would be one of those benefiting.

And maybe even then.

You might lose less than some I guess. I’m not doing either way. There’s stops before that one. 

52 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

If I shared everything I knew, people would be upset that I revealed what I knew about their faction and they would want me dead. My win percentage goes down. Because everyone knows everyone’s secrets, their win percentages go down. Someone will still win, but everyone’s chances go down and it draws negative feelings. 

Your win percentage also goes down if you’re dead so...

Edited by Melon Dingo
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Not necessarily. 

You have stated that you have 2 actions, so I personally believe that you are an equivalent of a shard for your faction. Your death would therefore be hurting your faction by preventing them from having a powerful shard equivalent role, making it harder to achieve at least the default win conditions, and likely your factions special wincons.

2 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

You have stated that you have 2 actions, so I personally believe that you are an equivalent of a shard for your faction. Your death would therefore be hurting your faction by preventing them from having a powerful shard equivalent role, making it harder to achieve at least the default win conditions, and likely your factions special wincons.

Unless my win con is to die. ;) or I’m more useful dead. 

56 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

@A Joe in the Bush What happens when Shades submit their action? I presume they die, but I'm honestly not sure.

They lose their Shade role. They can receive the Shade role as many times as Ambition wants to give it to them.

Rollover is in 1 hour from this post. Votes and actions after an hour from now will not be counted. Please get your actions in earlier rather than later.

Ah! Time is running out and I haven't voted yet, and I don't really know what to do, but uhh...

Axolotl

Hopefully that works! I'm sorry if you're innocent... But I think everyone this game is innocient, and apparently you're less innocient than others? Maybe more innocient. I feel kinda bad because I haven't done much, and I want to participate more so hopefully this is a step in the right direction.  Also, Sorry GMs!

Edited by Sapphire Elephant
Fixing Colour

Night 5:

Votes:
Pearl(8): Ambition, Azure, Charcoal, Cream, Ivory, Mauve, Onyx, Violet
Axolotl (12): Chartreuse, Emerald, Indigo, Magenta, Melon, Mint, Pearl, Plum, Quartz, Saffron, Sapphire, Taupe

Violet Axolotl was Slain! They were Hoid of the Ancients! The were the Vessel of Odium!
Hoid’s Win con and abilities will only be revealed if he makes his way to the Spiritual Realm.

Player List:
1. Amethyst Scorpion Worldhopper, Researcher.
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture Vessel, Autonomy
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin Worldhopper, Truthwatcher, Returned!
6. Coral Swan
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly 
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion Vessel, Odium
18. Oxblood Beagle
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat Khriss, Khriss
25. Sapphire Elephant
26. Scarlet Octopus  Worldhopper, Mastrell
27. Sunburst Toucan
28. Taupe Gecko
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl  Hoid, Odium

Shardworld Tracker:
Yolen: 2/8 charges
First of the Sun: 1/6 charges
The night will last until Monday, January 29th, 12:00 AM, Mountain Time

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Well then. I'd like to say I called it, or something self-agrandizing like that, but basically the only reason I voted against Axolotl in the end was a contractual obligation that didn't even involve him, only the lynch alternative. Good job to those figuring him out though. Now could anyone please explain how they knew he was Hoid and had Odium?