...Sorry to interrupt this weird and hilarious derailment, but I've gotta make another post attacking Axolotl. :P 

3 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

What have I lied about? I’ve been adamant on this point. 

Either not having a shard or not having a secret role.  Possibly not having Odium?  I don't know what to believe of what you've said at this point.

Idk who else could possibly have stolen Odium besides you Axolotl.  And I have no reason to believe anything you say because you've been keeping secrets and lying all game.  There's no way you don't have a shard, and don't have a secret role.

7 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Fair enough. But it [Lying] is a requirement to the game. Intrinsically you have to.

Bold mine.

GAH.  No, no no no no no.  It's not.  I've made it through loads of games with out lying.  Hyperbole?  Sure.  Exaggeration?  Sure.  Deception?  Of course!  But that's just tricking people, using the truth to get their own minds to make connections that simply aren't there.  It's even possible to make it through a game being totally honest, without using any deception.  This game, I'll admit I've tricked a few people.  But I'm fairly confident I haven't lied once in this game.

This attitude only makes me more sure that you've been lying to us.

Finally, I can't reiterate enough that no matter what you think of Axolotl, their role, or whether or not they're dangerous, they are still the best lynch option.  There's simply no other viable option on the table.  Yes, Axolotl is likely dangerous, yes they probably have a secret role, and yes they're probably lying about it.  But even if you don't believe any of that, Axolotl is still the most viable lynch solely on the possibility that these things might be true.  Even on the information we gain alone from lynching them, they outweigh everyone else on the table.

So I urge you to vote negative in this round -  Oops debate years coming back to haunt me. *shudders*  Vote Axolotl for lynch. :P 

So, I've just been informed in my faction doc that we'd be defaulting on an agreement if Pearl Chameleon gets lynched without sufficient votes helping them out from us. Its always nice when you get informed in time about the details of an agreement (which totally has nothing to do with me forgetting to check my doc), so I suppose I'll be voting axolotl? At this point I'd really like to take another look at Toucan, as they claimed to have a secret role of sorts as well (assuming Zebra was speaking the truth about having survival in their faction), but there just isn't time.

Edited by Magenta Albatross

45 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

...Sorry to interrupt this weird and hilarious derailment, but I've gotta make another post attacking Axolotl. :P 

Either not having a shard or not having a secret role.  Possibly not having Odium?  I don't know what to believe of what you've said at this point.

Idk who else could possibly have stolen Odium besides you Axolotl.  And I have no reason to believe anything you say because you've been keeping secrets and lying all game.  There's no way you don't have a shard, and don't have a secret role.

Bold mine.

GAH.  No, no no no no no.  It's not.  I've made it through loads of games with out lying.  Hyperbole?  Sure.  Exaggeration?  Sure.  Deception?  Of course!  But that's just tricking people, using the truth to get their own minds to make connections that simply aren't there.  It's even possible to make it through a game being totally honest, without using any deception.  This game, I'll admit I've tricked a few people.  But I'm fairly confident I haven't lied once in this game.

This attitude only makes me more sure that you've been lying to us.

Finally, I can't reiterate enough that no matter what you think of Axolotl, their role, or whether or not they're dangerous, they are still the best lynch option.  There's simply no other viable option on the table.  Yes, Axolotl is likely dangerous, yes they probably have a secret role, and yes they're probably lying about it.  But even if you don't believe any of that, Axolotl is still the most viable lynch solely on the possibility that these things might be true.  Even on the information we gain alone from lynching them, they outweigh everyone else on the table.

So I urge you to vote negative in this round -  Oops debate years coming back to haunt me. *shudders*  Vote Axolotl for lynch. :P 

No it’s true. If you are an eliminator in a normal game, you will have to lie. Guaranteed. As long as people are actually asking questions, I guess. 

Also, I’m only dangerous if you make me dangerous. It’s up to you. Maybe if you were to communicate with me outside of hostilities in the thread, I’d be amenable to discussion. I wonder why a load of people are backing me up. Probably because they’ve done just that. Those who have attacked me haven’t even tried. So you’re choosing that I’m dangerous. 

37 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

So, I've just been informed in my faction doc that we'd be defaulting on an agreement if Pearl Chameleon gets lynched without sufficient votes helping them out from us. Its always nice when you get informed in time about the details of an agreement (which totally has nothing to do with me forgetting to check my doc), so I suppose I'll be voting axolotl? At this point I'd really like to take another look at Toucan, as they claimed to have a secret role of sorts as well (assuming Zebra was speaking the truth about having survival in their faction), but there just isn't time.

Yet more validation for the Hidden Garden/Ruin alliance. 

You other factions may need to take a side on this or risk getting caught in the crossfire. 

1 minute ago, Violet Axolotl said:

No it’s true. If you are an eliminator in a normal game, you will have to lie. Guaranteed. As long as people are actually asking questions, I guess. 

Also, I’m only dangerous if you make me dangerous. It’s up to you. Maybe if you were to communicate with me outside of hostilities in the thread, I’d be amenable to discussion. I wonder why a load of people are backing me up. Probably because they’ve done just that. Those who have attacked me haven’t even tried. So you’re choosing that I’m dangerous. 

...Alright perhaps I didn't quite think that one through. :P  Feel a bit silly now.  I mean, it's possible I guess, but you're basically right that in a normal game you have to lie as an Elim.  But that's normal. :P  

...Ax, we're literally in a PM together.  I definitely discussed things with you outside of the thread, with no threats.  After you said you didn't know what I was talking about as far as secret roles and Odium go, I backed off and literally asked you to explain how you had extra actions.  You refused to explain!  Sure, I choose to think your dangerous, because if you were benevolent, you'd have explained that already.  Seriously, only dangerous people have something to hide.  

5 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Yet more validation for the Hidden Garden/Ruin alliance. 

You other factions may need to take a side on this or risk getting caught in the crossfire. 

...Do you know something I don't?  How do you know if either Pearl or Magenta are in either of those factions?

And you seem to be missing that people seem to be allying against you, not for any other reason.

37 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

At this point I'd really like to take another look at Toucan, as they claimed to have a secret role of sorts as well (assuming Zebra was speaking the truth about having survival in their faction), but there just isn't time.

Umm, at what point did I say this? I’ll go a step further and say that Survival is not in my faction, and that I hadn’t thought about the possibility of it existing since C1 when Toucan claimed. 

Just to reiterate what Taupe and I have been saying for a good while, but there is a very clear contradiction between Axolotl’s claims and the posts made by his presumed allies, Dragonfly and Heron, who both let slip that he likely controls Odium and has a secret role. Whether or not he actually is any of these things (I’d wager my house that he is at the very least a secret role, and the phone I’m typing this on that he holds Odium), either Axolotl or his allies are lying to advance their goals. Also, the whole Garden/Ruin alliance sounds like a conspiracy theory, and even so I’m not entirely sure where the trouble lies. We know at least one member of each faction to target with kills/lynches if they do actually get out of hand, and there are enough redirects, protects and cancellation to negate or diminish the kill roles. Meanwhile, an alliance that does exist is the one between the current holder of a Shard-stealing Odium and one or two other factions clearly intending to eventually use the Shard’s power. That’s a far more immediate threat. 

1 minute ago, Taupe Gecko said:

...Alright perhaps I didn't quite think that one through. :P  Feel a bit silly now.  I mean, it's possible I guess, but you're basically right that in a normal game you have to lie as an Elim.  But that's normal. :P  

...Ax, we're literally in a PM together.  I definitely discussed things with you outside of the thread, with no threats.  After you said you didn't know what I was talking about as far as secret roles and Odium go, I backed off and literally asked you to explain how you had extra actions.  You refused to explain!  Sure, I choose to think your dangerous, because if you were benevolent, you'd have explained that already.  Seriously, only dangerous people have something to hide.  

...Do you know something I don't?  How do you know if either Pearl or Magenta are in either of those factions?

And you seem to be missing that people seem to be allying against you, not for any other reason.

We are in a PM together? My bad. Still, that group one is not one I’m likely to share everything I know in. 

I’ve said the entire game. My faction is willing to work with any other faction who wants to. Just contact me and let me know. I’ve been put under fire for days now and had to fight back, that’s all. 

That post by Magenta is clearly not allying against me, but allying to save Chameleon. Very different. It supposes an alliance to protect each other’s faction from any lynch. 

8 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

We are in a PM together? My bad. Still, that group one is not one I’m likely to share everything I know in. 

Fair enough.  Just don't accuse me of not trying to communicate.  It's not like I haven't tried; I tried through the only means available to me.

I’ve said the entire game. My faction is willing to work with any other faction who wants to. Just contact me and let me know. I’ve been put under fire for days now and had to fight back, that’s all. 

So what you're saying is you're a wildcard who's willing to work with anyone to get what they want? :P I'm kidding, of course.

That post by Magenta is clearly not allying against me, but allying to save Chameleon. Very different. It supposes an alliance to protect each other’s faction from any lynch. 

Fair enough.  I'd ask again, however, how you know what faction either of them are in.

Edited by Taupe Gecko
clarity

2 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

Fair enough.  

So what you're saying is you're a wildcard who's willing to work with anyone to get what they want? :P I'm kidding, of course.

Fair enough.  I'd ask again, however, how you know what faction either of them are in.

To help others get what they want in exchange for what I want, yes. If you call that a wildcard, sure. 

Do I know? No. Through process of elimination from what I do know as well as voting patterns, can I make a reasonable guess? Yes. 

14 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

To help others get what they want in exchange for what I want, yes. If you call that a wildcard, sure. 

Do I know? No. Through process of elimination from what I do know as well as voting patterns, can I make a reasonable guess? Yes. 

Mmk.  Well I'm done attacking you for now.  I would kinda feel weird if I kept doing it and if I haven't made my point by now then what is even the point of me. :P 

A. Why are we categorizing players by type of animal? That isn't useful at all 
B. While I don't think Axolotl is the one who took Odium, I'm still weirded out by how they're acting. It feels like a desperate sort of flailing about... plus the continuing refusal to answer how they were able to self target and take 2 actions... and I'd be lying if I were to say I'm not interested in the answers to those questions. At the very least, lynching Axolotl should give us some information, a currency I'm quite interested in getting my hands on. 

A. Idk I think it was a joke. 

B. Flailing? That’s a good word. Not for this situation, though, since if I was desperate, I’d be pulling out more stops. Im not actually worried about the lynch, im just trying to help people recognize the point the faction war before they’re destroyed by backstabbers who distracted them. Once again, I’m sure every faction has an Elantrian or cultivation or can arrange for communication. If you are willing to reach out that way, I can answer more questions and pay up with currency. 

46 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

A. Idk I think it was a joke. 

B. Flailing? That’s a good word. Not for this situation, though, since if I was desperate, I’d be pulling out more stops. Im not actually worried about the lynch, im just trying to help people recognize the point the faction war before they’re destroyed by backstabbers who distracted them. Once again, I’m sure every faction has an Elantrian or cultivation or can arrange for communication. If you are willing to reach out that way, I can answer more questions and pay up with currency. 

Or, you can die, and then we get straight answers, not hedging and lies. And frankly, I don't know why you're hyping up this faction war stuff. If there's a war going on between factions, I sure haven't noticed. Other than being killed, but that was because I was stupid. 

Yeah. Axolotl is trying to play up the collaboration between people in order to save themself.

And if they aren't Hoid and haven't stolen Odium, then tell the truth. There is NO REASON for you to keep stuff hidden when the alternative is being lynched. Plus, if we're wrong, you can always be returned. Death in this game isn't as big of a deal.

13 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Or, you can die, and then we get straight answers, not hedging and lies.

What answers would it tell us? If we lynch him and he's Hoid then all we would get is his role like Khriss. It wouldn't tell us if he stole Odium unless he has it on him, it wouldn't tell us how he took two actions. Yes we could make assumptions but it wouldn't confirm or deny anything. It wouldn't tell us if he killed Khriss. It wouldn't tell us his win con. It wouldn't tell us if he has faction mates. It wouldn't tell us anything that we have been asking.

5 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

What answers would it tell us? If we lynch him and he's Hoid then all we would get is his role like Khriss. It wouldn't tell us if he stole Odium unless he has it on him, it wouldn't tell us how he took two actions. Yes we could make assumptions but it wouldn't confirm or deny anything. It wouldn't tell us if he killed Khriss. It wouldn't tell us his win con. It wouldn't tell us if he has faction mates. It wouldn't tell us anything that we have been asking.

If he took Hoid last cycle, how could he not have Odium on him?  If he does turn out to be Hoid, then he's likely not a benevolent party since he's been hiding it.  I actually don't know or really care whether he killed Khriss or not.  The only thing I need to know to have a whole bunch of my own questions answered, whether I revealed them in the thread or not, is his role and his faction.

Besides, I don't have good reason not to kill him, and as I've shown before he's simply the best lynch option.

22 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Even if he passed the Shard this turn we will still be told if he had Odium. (Assuming there isn't a secret about that as well.)

41 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Other than being killed, but that was because I was stupid. 

Wait, are you saying you somehow brought the kill on yourself? I’m curious about this. Why do you blame yourself for your death.

So, I took my vote off of Axolotl because I don’t think he deserves to die simply because of his role, which is already disadvantaged. I feel we should have a standard lynch instead of targeting specific special role people.

Chameleon

2 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Yeah, but if he stole Odium, he can steal YOUR FACTION'S SHARDS TOO.

I guess that’s true, and I’m not too keen on having Shards stolen, but it seems it can only happen when Shards are lynched. Otherwise he could just pick and choose. So as long as no Shards from my faction get lynched, it’s good.

1 minute ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

I guess that’s true, and I’m not too keen on having Shards stolen, but it seems it can only happen when Shards are lynched. Otherwise he could just pick and choose. So as long as no Shards from my faction get lynched, it’s good.

What a great strategy. If only everyone in this game could control the lynch like you apparently can.

27 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

I feel we should have a standard lynch instead of targeting specific special role people.

Again, why me? How is my lynch a standard lynch? Literally the ONLY reason I'm up for lynch is because I was one of FIVE people who'd voted on Axolotl. There's been no other reason presented.

Axolotl, however, has had several reasons.

If it's information you want, what do you think you'll get from me? I've just started getting active, so there aren't really any connections to be drawn based on past interactions. I've not been a part of any discussion until this turn, after I placed my first vote of the game.

I wouldn't be so frustrated if there was an actual reason for lynching me. But there isn't.

Edited by Pearl Chameleon
lynch, not lunch.