13 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Maybe they aren’t worried because I’m not a threat and they know it. This whole allied factions with the original kill shards is definitely concerning. Iguana. Chameleon

Do you know something I don't?  Why would you say they're allied?

1 hour ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

But here's the biggest reason I've left my vote where it is: no one has presented a better option. No one has given evidence of another person that would have been more likely to steal a Shard.

I do not have a better option for who might have taken Odium. Penguin appears to, but won't share unless the theory identifies an actual suspect, and presumably even then only if the thief can't come to a proper arrangement with Hidden Garden. All Penguin has shared is that it probably wasn't Axolotl, and if the faction that most wants the thief found doesn't think Axolotl is the thief, I don't see much reason to lynch Axolotl for it.

13 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

What?  We'll see their role, their faction, and we'll see whether or not I was right about them being a secret role.  Their lack of forthcomingness about their role, and their avoidance of the repeated questions about it makes me sincerely doubt that it's a benevolent role.  Better safe than sorry, as has been said before.  

Do you know something I don't?  Because as far as I know I only see one secret role.  Sure, it's likely that there's a Nazh counterpart for the Khriss role, but we simply don't know who that is.  The only obvious possibility this far is Axolotl, who has repeatedly claimed to not have a secret role or a shard, against all probability, without offering alternatives.  I have no recourse but to assume they're lying.

We would see role and faction, yes, but we wouldn't learn anything about how Axolotl managed to take two actions in a turn, which seemed to be the main reason you wanted to lynch Axolotl. I do agree that it would be convenient if Axolotl explained their abilities, but that's not usually the type of discussion that goes in the thread.

Iguana was the one to claim Nazh existed, while voting for Axolotl on suspicion of being Hoid. Since Iguana seems in favor of Khriss/Nazh, yet apparently wants Axolotl dead, I conclude that Axolotl is not Nazh. While Iguana could be lying, it would seem that there are at least two surviving secret roles.

16 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

This whole allied factions with the original kill shards is definitely concerning.

What alliance would this be? Just Hidden Garden/Weasel's faction combining? Some other combination of Shards that can kill? How would you have found out about this?

It seems apparent through the voting patterns that hidden garden and Ruin’s faction have begun to, at least in a basic manner, align to cover each other as well as take down targets of their own choosing. As well as the fact that Ruin apparently tried to kill me when Hidden Garden is the faction that had suspicions on me. 

Edited by Violet Axolotl

12 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

I do not have a better option for who might have taken Odium. Penguin appears to, but won't share unless the theory identifies an actual suspect, and presumably even then only if the thief can't come to a proper arrangement with Hidden Garden. All Penguin has shared is that it probably wasn't Axolotl, and if the faction that most wants the thief found doesn't think Axolotl is the thief, I don't see much reason to lynch Axolotl for it.

-sigh- From what I've heard, Penguin thinks that the IRE are in this game for some flavor reasons about stealing shards, and that they stole Odium, and that Axolotl isn't in the IRE.  Idk what their reasoning is beyond that, because I'm just getting bits and pieces from the PM's I'm in, but that seems to be the gist of it.

So basically, a series of conjectures.  *cries*

Also I seem to have fallen off the RP wagon.  I'll try and do some more tomorrow if I have time.

edit: Ninja'd by Axolotl.  So, basically, because Penguin voted on you, (and then took it off) and weasel voted for you, the two factions are aligned and trying to kill you?  You're suspicious beyond what one faction thinks of you, and you claimed the ability to survive the lynch.  I'm frankly not surprised Ruin targeted you.  Suspicious people get targeted lol.

Edited by Taupe Gecko

If all that concerned me about Axolotl was that they used 2 actions, I couldn't care less. I mean, it is valuable info, but that isn't the reason I am concerned. I am concerned because they Targeted themselves in one of those actions. There are a couple ways this could be possible:

1. Axolotl went to Scadrial and had the Feruchemist role -- Not possible as Axolotl has never been to Scadrial as far as I can tell.
  2. Axolotl was invested in by Endowment to get the Feruchemist role -- Possible if Cultivation and Endowment are in the same faction. Otherwise, as shards cannot invest in other Vessels, impossible
  3. Axolotl is a secret role

I have reason to suspect a secret role for Khriss's death. And if my information is correct, (and if Axolotl is a secret role), We should have a 50% chance of lynching that player.
(If Axolotl actually isn't who I think they are, I am truly sorry, as before all this stuff came up about Axolotl, my faction thought they might be in the Utility Company)

18 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

It seems apparent through the voting patterns that hidden garden and Ruin’s faction have begun to, at least in a basic manner, align to cover each other as well as take down targets of their own choosing. As well as the fact that Ruin apparently tried to kill me when Hidden Garden is the faction that had suspicions on me. 

I am not sure about this. If Odium and Ruin are working together, why have there been so few kills? Granted, I admit I am not counting Meerkat's death as a result of either faction, but I already addressed I think a secret role is responsible for that.

I’ve been very conflicted on which way to decide here, but I believe that Axolotl is my choice. While I understand your frustration for being targeted for presumably stealing a Shard or having a secret role, I think it’s fairly clear you possess secrets, and as you’ve made several claims to the contrary before, that would indicate you lied to the thread or to our group in PM, and that tips the scales for me. I’d also just like to resolve the wild claims circulating about your potential role and abilities. I did say earlier I’d prefer not to kill you, but nobody wants a Beagle lynch, and the Chameleon lynch is a very thinly veiled attempt to protect Axolotl, which indicates that they have something they need to protect. 

Steel knocked on a door. It opened, and a young girl peered out. 
"Here's a message for your parents," Steel said, handing the paper to the child. The little one took the paper, then closed the door without saying a word. 
Another message delivered, more money made to get more steel, which in turn could be used to make more money. It would take a lot of messages to build up enough steel in order to do the compounding necessary to take that evil man down once and for all. It was honestly a bit embarrassing for a compounder to be brought down to such a level, but he no longer had access to his funds on scadrial. Not without some serious explaining of why he was a returned now, twice over. 
Without steel, he couldn't even use his nicrosil medallion to transform his feruchemy into stormlight to use abrasion. But he was still a quick runner, light on his feet. 
As he ran across the area of Elantris, he though more about his spirit web. What did it mean to become speed? Steel was unsure. He did still run faster than anyone else, but could he simply account that to his physique, not some unknown shenanigans in his spirit web? These were his thoughts for the several days it took to make enough money to bring his steel reserves to minimum levels. 
Armed with enough steel to cross shadesmar, he headed to the closest perpendicularity, and burned his newly stored steel. And off he went, still dwelling on how maybe the shape of his spirit web had been the reason for why Endowment had brought him back again. But to where? Once he had escaped the cognitive realm of Sel, where should he go next? Back to scadrial to resupply on steel and food, but after that, where should he run? If he wanted to alter his spirit web to gain true speed, where would he go?
Steel could only think of 2 things as he ran back to Scadrial's perpendicularities. Yolen, and scadrial for some spikes. If that man had gained an understanding of hemalurgy, it would explain why... but no, that made no sense. Why would he not have spiked Steel for his own spirit web? No, the only option would be Yolen. He had heard tell of investitures that could change the spirit web there. A dangerous and powerful thing to be sure. But Yolen was also difficult to find in the cognitive realm for one unacquainted with its ways. 
Setting this plan in his mind, Steel flared the feruchemical metal within him, and ran on. 

7 hours ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Interesting. I’ve mentioned Hoid a total of once, I believe, and it was mostly a joke saying that Seonid would be Hoid based on the initial RP of Sheon Idris taking on Hoid’s mantle. Other than that, I haven’t mentioned him this cycle, nor Axolotl, so I really don’t get how you think I’m trying to passively-aggressively push a lynch on them. It’s true I’m uncertain on Axolotl, and am vaguely nervous because I don’t know their secrets, but unless there’s compelling evidence that they actually stole Odium and are pursuing other Shards, I see no reason to kill them yet. The Beagle lynch is simply a desire to have the game be more active, and as there’s a limited number of pinch-hitters, and also a limited number of justifiable lynches, I thought he might be a good choice to eliminate if we had no better options.

The only other time I voted for Axolotl was yesterday, and if you look at that post you’ll see I did it just for information, and I retracted upon some being provided. And at that point Axolotl has just claimed and we knew a lot less about them. So yeah. I’m not entirely sure where you’re getting that impression. 

quartz zebra I guess that seems fair. I just felt like your posts were you trying to seem active, while also being agreeable so that you stay out of the spotlight. But I suppose it's important to remember that mechanics in faction games are different than mechanics in standard games, and in a faction game, everyone tries to stay out of the spotlight a little. 

I expressed quite a bit earlier that I disagree with the axolotl pynch though, so I think I'll be voting for chameleon

19 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

By doing that, you will be ensuring that Odium will pass to another member of their faction.

But wouldn't it just shift to someone in Axolotl's faction anyway? If they are Hoid/Kelsier then it would just pass to the other one. Admittedly I'm assuming they are teamed given Khriss and Nazh seem to start on one team it would only be fair if Axolotl had a partner as well.

11 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Because they would have killed someone N1.

Maybe they did but was blocked/protected.

1 minute ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

And NO ONE has claimed?

1 minute ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

But wouldn't it just shift to someone in Axolotl's faction anyway?

No, because during the last day cycle, Odium invested in someone, so it would pass to them.

1 minute ago, Indigo Weasel said:

And NO ONE has claimed?

No, because during the last day cycle, Odium invested in someone, so it would pass to them.

Didn’t address the fact that Lion wasn’t active...

hidden garden has been, in my personal opinion, the most bloodthirsty as far as I can tell. 

Edited by Violet Axolotl

5 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Lion wasn’t super active N1...

Activity in the thread isn't very indicative of overall activity. I know plenty of players stay quiet, but faithfully put in actions every turn.

5 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

What kind of protections were available N1? No one, unless invested by a Shard during D1, would have had any sort of Feruchemical extra life.

47 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

Well, I’m torn, and the coin flip decided Axolotl, , so I think I’ll do that.

Indigo

Would you have voted for Iguana had the coin come up the other way, or did you change your flip to Axolotl vs. Chameleon?

28 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

By doing that, you will be ensuring that Odium will pass to another member of their faction.

And not go back to a faction we KNOW doesn't have a killing wincon.

We know Hidden Garden has killed at least one player. It may be they were only going after suspected Shards, but they were willing to kill. I don't see how lynching Axolotl would prevent Odium from passing on to a successor of Axolotl's choice, because taking the day turn to pass a Shard is always an option. That you know Odium Invested in someone just makes it more likely that your faction is in contact with Hidden Garden.

2 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Unless new Odium Invests this cycle too....or they pass it or something I'm not thinking of

Just now, Pearl Chameleon said:

What kind of protections were available N1? No one, unless invested by a Shard during D1, would have had any sort of Feruchemical extra life.

Honor, Survival?, Monk, Bondsmith, Unmade...

1 minute ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

There are 3 shards iirc that could stop a kill. Endowment, A shard that can roleblock, and a shard that can "reverse" roleblock in a sense.