I've been meaning to start some RP; I've got an unusual character to run with. Would anybody care to join me?

The stranger stood outside the meeting, pulling the voluminous winter coat closer. She watched.

As another came to the circle, it followed behind, waving without a word to the worldhoppers. Their counsel would likely decide the course of worlds.

A war of the shards. She had neither the ability nor desire for such things. It had been more than a century since she had been in contact with another shard. She wasn't eager to deal with their clamour again. She was even less eager to meet her creator, though she knew her power now rivaled theirs, and had for what felt like an eternity. She wanted no part in this.

She could not leave.

Somebody had to be there. Somebody had to weather the storm, pick herself back up afterwords, show the humans how to rebuild, show them how to survive at all costsShe could no more walk away from this than any of the other shards could. She lacked the foreknowledge of her kin; she possessed only the vague and imprecise foreboding that this war would be different. Like a boulder crashing down a hill to its final resting place, the upheaval was building to something. Whatever happened here, it would permanently set the cosmere's course. And whatever happened, she would endure.

She extended a gloved hand to one of the Worldhoppers in greeting. She would get to know these people. Not all of them would make it, and it would be the role of those who Survived to remember those who did not.

I'm here, I still exist (maybe). I should be able to contribute a bit more this weekend finally.

I haven't played a Shard game before, but personal opinion is the kill on Odium was luck.** It seemed to me the thread was moving away from Weasel and Axolotl because there was some amount of evidence they wouldn't die, and so people were looking for another possible candidate.

**I have not thoroughly read the turn, so I'm not sure exactly who voted on Lion or their individual reasons. My analysis is based on skimming alone.

Something important has come up. I really need one of my factionmates to check the doc, so I'm going to tag a whole bunch of people to hide who I'm tagging. Sorry everyone else.

@Saffron Iguana, @Onyx Flamingo, @Mauve Crocodile, @Turquoise Gorilla, @Pearl Chameleon, @Magenta Albatross, @Charcoal Hyena, @Plum Rhinoceros, @Quartz Zebra, @Fuchsia Ostrich, @Mint Heron, @Taupe Gecko, @Ivory Dragonfly,@emerald falcon.

Just now, Indigo Weasel said:

Something important has come up. I really need one of my factionmates to check the doc, so I'm going to tag a whole bunch of people to hide who I'm tagging. Sorry everyone else.

@Saffron Iguana, @Onyx Flamingo, @Mauve Crocodile, @Turquoise Gorilla, @Pearl Chameleon, @Magenta Albatross, @Charcoal Hyena, @Plum Rhinoceros, @Quartz Zebra, @Fuchsia Ostrich, @Mint Heron, @Taupe Gecko, @Ivory Dragonfly,@emerald falcon.

No worries, I’ll check it now. 

Hey, I’m tagged. Yippee. Not really sure what to say so I’ll RP with Toucan.

*_RP_*

Exvee saw a person out in the street extend a hand. Above him, stars shone brightly and next to him was the cloaked man he’d been speaking with. It had been a day of talking and he still hadn’t been able to get any straight answers.

Walking towards the gloved person, who looked somewhat like a worldhopper, Exvee extended a hand of his own. “Hey,” he said. “You come to join me or something?”

The Fifth Day: Innerlight

A meerkat peeked its head above the savannahs of Scadrial. It was lonely, most of its family group dead in a brush fire last month. The few that remained were frightened and huddled together in a communal burrow. The world was a dangerous place this year, with more hawks and snakes than there had been before.

Today was different, though. A new creature sat on the savannah, watching the animals as their chaotic patterns swirled over hours and days and weeks. The meerkat watched as it sat there, wondering what it was doing. Then the sky was all purple and red and golden, and the meerkat fled back into its burrow.

When it came back out again, the strange creature was gone.

Salmon Meerkat was Slain! They were Khriss of the Silverlight Research Labs!
The Winconditions and abilities of a faction will only be revealed if all members of the faction make their way to the Spiritual Realm.

Player List:
1. Amethyst Scorpion Worldhopper, Researcher.
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture Vessel, Autonomy
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin Worldhopper, Truthwatcher, Returned!
6. Coral Swan
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly 
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion Vessel, Odium
18. Oxblood Beagle
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat Khriss, Khriss
25. Sapphire Elephant
26. Scarlet Octopus  Worldhopper, Mastrell
27. Sunburst Toucan
28. Taupe Gecko
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl

Shardworld Tracker:
Yolen: 2/8 charges
First of the Sun: 1/6 charges
The day will last until Sunday, January 28th, 12:00 AM, Mountain Time

Edited by Seonid

8 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Salmon Meerkat Khriss, Khriss

You put Khriss twice :P

Anyway, I’m pretty sure this confirms secret roles? And I wonder how the murderer knew who Khriss was, unless it was just luck.

8 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Worldhopper, Truthwatcher, Returned!

Also, it appears Chartruese Penguin has Returned. Which probably means Endowment is in Odium’s faction.

Edited by Onyx Flamingo

Just now, Onyx Flamingo said:

You put Khriss twice :P

Anyway, I’m pretty sure this confirms secret roles? And I wonder how the murderer knew who Khriss was, unless it was just luck.

Well she isn't a Vessel, and she's more than just a Worldhopper, so she is Khriss. and at the time of death, her role was Khriss.

6 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Salmon Meerkat was Slain! They were Khriss of the Silverlight Research Labs!
The Winconditions and abilities of a faction will only be revealed if all members of the faction make their way to the Spiritual Realm.

I'd like to highlight this. It implicitly confirms that Khriss was not working alone, as here win-con has not been revealed. It seems her role is also tied to her faction, given that they where given the same colors. So, let's do some baseless speculation!

Khriss is the figure-head of a faction, so presumably that faction is doing something in line with Khriss' goals. Looking at the past 2 Shard games, Khriss has been opposed to Hoid's goals both times (though I believe in LG29 she was just an RP role, rather than an in-game role), so it would stand to reason that that's the case in this game as well. in the previous shard-game her overall goal was to lock down all Shardic power by having them invest in planets. on the other hand, Hoid's goal has usually been to gatehr all the shards and reforge Adonalsium.

Anyway, let's go back to speculating. I believe the current guess at the number of factions was 7 (that's what the analysis table in my doc says anyway). There's 10 Shards, so if I had to guess there's 5 Shardic factions with 2 shards each, and then the Hoid and Khriss factions. Alternatively there's 4 shardic factions, and both the Hoid and Khriss faction get 1 shard.

Anyway, I'd guess that in this game Khriss' faction might have been tasked with wiping out Hoid's faction, while Hoid's faction is tasked with somehow gathering all the shards.

@Violet Axolotl, can you tell me how close my guesses are? So far you're the only one that has explicitly shown themselves to posses some very odd powers, so if I had to guess who Hoid was, it'd be you.

56 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

like to highlight this. It implicitly confirms that Khriss was not working alone, as here win-con has not been revealed. It seems her role is also tied to her faction, given that they where given the same colors. So, let's do some baseless speculation

Except Khriss still isn't in the spiritual realm. When you're dead, don't you go to the cognitive realm the first time?so she could be alone, and we just don't get to know her role because she can still win. 

21 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Except Khriss still isn't in the spiritual realm. When you're dead, don't you go to the cognitive realm the first time?so she could be alone, and we just don't get to know her role because she can still win. 

Oops, you're right. And here I thought I'd found something interesting.