Sorry for the delay on the writeups, everybody. I've been in a little bit of a funk - turns out working without pay is even more demoralizing than I expected. But I managed to get this cycle's writeup done before the end of the cycle, so that's a thing. I'll try to get Day 3's done at some point, but getting today's results done is the priority.

9 minutes ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

I haven't decided who I think should die yet, but I am open to being convinced

If I may, Lion would be my suggestion. I offered a simple and effective solution to the Weasel problem and am being lynched for it. Loin posted almost nothing but a defensive post about being voted on. I am being honest about my intentions, they may or may not be the same as my factions but that's besides the point. Lion hasn't offered anything despite votes being on him for over 24 hours.

3 hours ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

I could use the very argument you used against Weasel against you, Opal Lion. What you say is hypocritical and at least he is trying to add to the discussion. I mean I haven't been very helpful with that either, but don't try and kill one of the more discussion driving people.

that was mainly just for self-defense, like a lot of people have pointed out. And in weasel's post they said they'd survive the lynch anyway so I don't see why voting on them for self defence is a problem when they won't die, according to them.

Weasel

Speaking of self defense, Mauve Crocodile

This one's actually a little more than that though.

3 hours ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

What do you mean IF you were Devotion you wouldn't target Weasel? That's not an argument, that's a what-if scenario. How do you know Devotion wouldn't want to target him? If you know, is Devotion in your faction or are you at least in contact with them? If not, then there is no use talking about what you would do if you were Devotion, that's Devotion's business.

My point was to remind everyone that devotion's role has two aspects to it, and to hypothesise what that could mean for the game lol I'm not claiming to be some sorta action-predicting psychic

You could always abstain. I'm dead anyway so your vote doesn't really need to be there. Was a fun game. Good luck to you all but Weasel's team. :P I suspect they are playing everyone. After all, why have a lynch proof Shard and a Kill Shard on one team and go for a co-op win?

Edited by Mauve Crocodile

2 hours ago, Cream Tuatara said:

We actually talked about axolotles in. H biology class today. If I was paying enough attention, I believe that they're a type of amphibian. Anyway, it sounds like the lynch on Croc is simply because he's trying to lynch someone that would give us more information, and I agree with that notion. Granted he didn't Express it the best way, but now everyone is turning on him, just like they did with opal lion and axolotl. So I suspect that the votes on croc may just he a defense by them and their factions so that neither of them die. I can be convinced to switch to axolotl, but on a matter of principle, I don't think I'll be voting for croc this cycle as in disagree with not only the reasoning behind the lynch and the manner in which it happened is similar to what everyone was freaking about having happened to the others. 

I first thought this was Lion because of the white avatar when I scrolled past and I was super confused why he was voting for himself with no explanation. 

50 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

If I may, Lion would be my suggestion. I offered a simple and effective solution to the Weasel problem and am being lynched for it. Loin posted almost nothing but a defensive post about being voted on. I am being honest about my intentions, they may or may not be the same as my factions but that's besides the point. Lion hasn't offered anything despite votes being on him for over 24 hours.

Unfortunate typo. 

But of these two targets, I’m going to have to go with Lion. Sorry I just see less reason to lynch Crocodile. 

Dingo

1 hour ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

That seems reasonable. Lion

Sorry I haven't been online as much. This is exactly what I was hoping to avoid; declaring my neutrality on the first cycle and then going inactive for the rest of the game without needing to do much of anything <_< Unfortunately, I've had a lot more going on in life at the same time as this game than I expected when I signed up for it.

I've been meaning to do more RP in this game...

Mostly caught up. Between the options, I guess I'll go with Opal Lion.

EDIT: Whoa. That's a lot of other votes coming in last second.

Edited by Sunburst Toucan

From the memoirs of Ardenne Rathis, survivor of the Last Shardic War.

"The most frightening thing about the lead up to the war was the way that interplanetary institutions were so quickly subverted to aid the aims of some faction or another.

The Worldhopper's Tribunal was the most prominent example. The failed execution of the Weasel was only the first, and least egregious, of the subversion. Where Weasel had been accused (belatedly) of trying to start a pan-Cosmeric war, it's later actions seemed almost deliberately calculated to inflame tensions towards that exact end.

The execution of the Opal Lion is an instructive example. Although at this point, the tribunal was still attempting to provide some semblance of justification for its rulings, the Opal trials were clearly based on flimsy evidence, and the votes were beginning to show signs of the factional alliance that would later be openly declared.

Of course, the fact that Opal was found to be the holder of the Shard of Odium was retroactively declared to be justification enough, given Odium's fell reputation among the Shards. The fact that the Shard was not recovered from the body, though, was quickly spread among underground channels, and quickly became a point of question. Was the execution simply a matter of one faction trying to steal the power of Odium for themselves? Conspiracy theorists went wild with the news. That the shards had contingency plans that made it virtually impossible for them to be taken by force was an inconvenient notion, little mentioned in the wild furor that followed. Accusations of factional bias soon became the justification for other factions to follow suit."

Vote Count:
Indigo(1): Mint
Opal(9): Mauve, Onyx, Charcoal, Cream, Melon, Violet, Turquoise, Sunburst, AMBITION
Axolotl(1): Magenta
Melon(1): Taupe
Mauve(8): Indigo, Saffron, Ivory, Quartz, Azure, Emerald, Opal, Salmon

The adorable Opal Lion was the Vessel of ODIUM in the Hidden Gardens Faction.

Player List:
1. Amethyst Scorpion Worldhopper, Researcher.
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture Vessel, Autonomy
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin Worldhopper, Truthwatcher
6. Coral Swan
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly 
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion Vessel, Odium
18. Oxblood Beagle
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat
25. Sapphire Elephant
26. Scarlet Octopus  Worldhopper, Mastrell
27. Sunburst Toucan
28. Taupe Gecko
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl

Shardworld Tracker:
Yolen: 2/8 charges
First of the Sun: 1/6 charges
The day will last until Friday, January 26th, 12:00 AM, Mountain Time

Edited by Seonid

WHAT? That was really just...not who I thought Odium would be. 

So rather than being random, it seems that the lynch on Lion may have been engineered by faction(s) which knew Lion’s identity, though I don’t know how they would have figured that out with certainty. It also disproves that Odium and Ambition are in the same faction, and affirms that it was likely Ambition doing Shardworld stuff, as there are no new charges today, and the extra vote appeared instead. 

So, an essentially random lynch probably just gave us the most information from the lynch that we’ve received all game. 

We should do this more often. :P 

Okay, uhm, wow? Hopefully I'll have time over the weekend to take a good look at how this lynch played out. That having been said, I think the name 'hidden garden' is interesting for Odium's faction. It suggests to me that Cultivation might be in that faction as well, and the group potentially having a cultivation-leaning win-con. That might be reading a bit too much in a faction-name, of course, but it feels meaningful to me.

Oh! I dont know what about Magenta's post reminded me of this, but when Penguin died, Weasel suggested that Odium was in Hidden Garden due to the faction color being red. Worth pointing out.

Edited by Saffron Iguana
I forgot you all can't read my mind on who I am talking about.

Judging from the Sel doc some cycles back, I and anyone else looking there have reason to believe Cultivation is in a faction with Honour.

Just now, Saffron Iguana said:

Oh! I dont know what about Magenta's post reminded me of this, but when Penguin died, he suggested that Odium was in Hidden Garden due to the faction color being red. Worth pointing out.

Good point. So if faction colours are based on Shards, Odium is red (fits) Autonomy is orange. What about the ALL HAIL THE JOE CLOUD faction? That’s yellow.

Edited by Onyx Flamingo

1 hour ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

Good point. So if faction colours are based on Shards, Odium is red (fits) Autonomy is orange. What about the ALL HAIL THE JOE CLOUD faction? That’s yellow.

Wasn't Ambition yellow-ish last Shard game? Maybe that was just my head-canon.

Edit: Hmm, no, Ambition didn't get assigned a color that game, so it's probably just my head-canon.

Edited by Magenta Albatross
grammar and factchecking

Hmm, well out of the Shards in this game: Ambition, Autonomy, Endowment, Cultivation, Dominion, Devotion, Honor, Odium, Preservation, and Ruin.

The fact that Odium is red, and Autonomy is Orange would lead me to think that these are not random colors assigned to the Shards.

For the color yellow, the Shard of Devotion is the first to come to mind, though Preservation and Ambition are also ones I could see.