Mauve Crocodile I find that post a bit concerning. You are just taking for granted that Ruin (who Weasel claimed is in their faction) and Odium are just going to do as you say. Weasel and Axolotl are 2 of the players most open to being collaborative, and your bloodthirst towards them seems misguided.

I see no benefit to targeting Axolotl. The reason to lynch them is "they may be a Shard". I do not want to take that mentality though, as I want to be able to ask for favors from other Shards. The alternative is they are in the same faction as Cultivation. one of the 2 Shards I specifically do not want to get on the bad side of, because she can revive Splintered Shards (the other being Endowment). So there are 2 reasons not to target Axolotl, and the benefit, is we may learn what Shar they have. But we also may not. I haven't yet heard back from the GMs if passing the Shard on the same they get lynched will get that Shard revealed.

For Weasel, Tuatara (frog) and I agree that Weasel has generally not been an issue this game. It is annoying they didn't die D2, but we have already gained information from them being alive that I think should cover that annoyance.

1 minute ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

I'm not in your faction so naturally I would want you dead regardless of what faction I might or might not be in.

I think this is the wrong attitude to go for. For example, I am pretty dumb sometimes (which my faction can confirm), and I sometimes like to have other, more intelligent people around me to give me ideas. My faction isn't always around, so I resort to you lot.

I also have no issue winning alongside other people. Not everyone will be able to win, however, we are all trying to. Collaboration gives everyone an edge over the non-collaborators.

57 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

I don't want to lynch you, since you'll survive. I don't want to lynch me, because I'll survive. I don't want to lynch Lion, because they'll survivethey seem nice.

What about a lurker, like Melon Dingo?

50 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

I could get behind a Dingo lynch. I hear they’ve been active enough to move worlds. 

I’m pretty sure I always have a shard tab open somewhere even if I’m not on the computer, so I think I’m always viewing the thread. The reason I have been lurking is that I hit some writers block in my rp, and anytime I’ve had time to post I worked on that instead.

I have to say that I agree with what Croc proposed. It’s frustrating for the lynches to be focused entirely on Weasel or lurkers.

2 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Not so.

Also, by this are you saying that you are in Croc’s faction, or that Croc might not have justification for killing you?

Axolotl(4): Mouse, Falcon, Albatross, Zebra
Crocodile(3): Weasel, Iguana, Dragonfly
Lion(2): Crocodile, Flamingo
Dingo(1): Axolotl
Weasel(1): Gecko

Here we come with yet more lynches decided in the last few hours. To choose from, we have two players who will survive a lynch, two random players who likely wouldn't, and a revenge vote .

27 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Instead how about we lynch Lion who shouldn't survive and have Odium/Ruin attack Weasel this night. Since if Devotion uses their ability on Weasel, any actions targeting them will be redirected to Devotion and they would die.

We can lynch Axolot next cycle since he shouldn't still have his extra life unless I'm missing something.

Ruin's not going to be attacking Weasel, unless Weasel lied about having Ruin in the faction. Odium and other attack roles technically could attack Weasel, but if Devotion doesn't redirect, the likely occurrence is that the attack bounces off Feruchemical protection.

It's possible Axolotl could be lynched next cycle, but if the reason for survival is say, Endowment-granted Feruchemy, there's nothing stopping Axolotl from gaining another extra life. There's an awful lot of Feruchemical protection in this game.

While I would like to see more from Dingo, right now I will vote for Crocodile. So far, they're the only lynch that isn't futile or randomly targeted.

Edited by Ivory Dragonfly
Updated vote tally.

7 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

It’s frustrating for the lynches to be focused entirely on Weasel or lurkers.

I agree with your sentence. It is frustrating for lynches to be focused around these people. However, there aren't a lot of people in the thread having a meaningful discussion. Weasel is one of those. We should stop focusing on weasel, but not because we do lynch him, but because we decide to stop feeling sour about the lynch on D2.

Edited by Saffron Iguana

Just now, Saffron Iguana said:

I agree with your sentence. It is frustrating for lynches to be focused around these people. However, there aren't a lot of people in the thread having a meaningful discussion. Weasel is one of those. We should stop focusing on weasel, but not because we do lynch him, but because we decide to stop feeling sour about the lynch on D2.

Alright, I can get behind this. I still don’t feel comfortable lynching Croc as I agree with their sentiments, but I will try to move past the D2 lynch.

8 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

It is frustrating for lynches to be focused around these people. However, there aren't a lot of people in the thread having a meaningful discussion. Weasel is one of those. We should stop focusing on weasel, but not because we do lynch him, but because we decide to stop feeling sour about the lynch on D2.

Which is why I gave the suggestion that Odium/Ruin kill Weasel. To be honest, I don't see us getting past Weasel as long as they are alive. They will always be a subject of discussion/lynch.

Sounds fine to me :P 

More seriously, any lynch in this kind of game is bound to be an elimination of a common threat at best, and a farce for protecting one’s own faction at worst. However, as I did promise Axolotl I’d retract if they elaborated, which they (kinda) did, I’ll add my vote to the Crocodile lynch, as I don’t have any better ideas (except perhaps Swan, who is stuck in my mind as an odd participant in last cycle’s lynch, and who I’d like to see the faction of to better understand the politicking occurring behind the scenes. But it’s a little late in the cycle for that). 

Well a Weasel vote seems pointless at this point.

Whatever.  I actually agree with Mauve on most of the things they've said, for what it's worth.  I personally like working alone, because I see no reason for my opponents not to backstab me after they get what they want from my faction.  Honor is all very well and good for the truly honorable, but for the traitorous it's cheap.  And that's kind of the point of this sort of game; betrayal is fun.  I've been backstabbed too many times.  Besides, as a truly honorable person, I'd rather not be tempted to go back on my word by a true alliance.  

Not to say I'm not willing to work with others in this particular game.  Like I've said earlier, I'm mostly following Gilgamesh around for this one, as long as I can keep finding the time to RP consistently.  So if anyone wants to contact or work with me, I'm pretty happy to work with you, as my goal for this game is mostly to survive long enough to have some fun RPing.

As far as the lynch goes, Mauve honestly seems like the best option, but I like what they're saying.  So I'll vote for Dingo, I guess.  Hope it takes off.  There's nothing really wrong with what Mauve is saying, and honestly for the more competitive of us, it really resonates.  At any rate, even if you don't like it, it's probably not worth lynching over.  (Sorry Dingo.  I'd just rather lynch you than any of the other options.)

11 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

I don't like how you didnt waste any time joining in. You say something about adding pressure but this seems almost defensive to me. Weasel I don't like how you narrowly escaped last cycle's lynch and are so eager to get somebody else's head on the block today. And personally, i dont think Devotion has you protected this time. Devotion's role not only protects the target from lynches but also redirects every action targeting said target to Devotion's Vessel. If i were Devotion, i wouldn't be super keen on using my ability on you. You've made yourself stand out enough that using that role on you is kinda risky for Devotion if ya know what I mean.

"I don't like how you didn't waste any time joining in. You say something about adding pressure but this seems almost defensive to me." I could use the very argument you used against Weasel against you, Opal Lion. What you say is hypocritical and at least he is trying to add to the discussion. I mean I haven't been very helpful with that either, but don't try and kill one of the more discussion driving people.

What do you mean IF you were Devotion you wouldn't target Weasel? That's not an argument, that's a what-if scenario. How do you know Devotion wouldn't want to target him? If you know, is Devotion in your faction or are you at least in contact with them? If not, then there is no use talking about what you would do if you were Devotion, that's Devotion's business.

1 hour ago, Melon Dingo said:

I’m pretty sure I always have a shard tab open somewhere even if I’m not on the computer, so I think I’m always viewing the thread. The reason I have been lurking is that I hit some writers block in my rp, and anytime I’ve had time to post I worked on that instead.

I have to say that I agree with what Croc proposed. It’s frustrating for the lynches to be focused entirely on Weasel or lurkers.

Also, by this are you saying that you are in Croc’s faction, or that Croc might not have justification for killing you?

So if you agree with what Croc proposed, what do you think you’re going to do with your vote? 

2 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

That’s what I’m still thinking about. I haven’t decided, and I need to refamiliarize my self with the justification behind the Lion lynch

Gotcha. I think one of the biggest reasons for that lynch right now, if I understand right, is that he’s the only candidate so far that has a real chance of dying if the lynch happens. Weasel and I have both claimed that we’ll survive. The lynch also brought up Crcoodile for the same, but opposite reason. I’d rather not lynch Crocodile, but I’m not sure what I think either. 

Edit: @Mint Heron What do you think?

Edited by Violet Axolotl

9 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I suppose AxolotlCrocodile . On that note, what is an axolotl precisely? I think this a key point of discussion missing from our justifications. Clearly the pretentions of such a name clearly deserve lynching over such a simple name like crocodile. 

We actually talked about axolotles in. H biology class today. If I was paying enough attention, I believe that they're a type of amphibian. Anyway, it sounds like the lynch on Croc is simply because he's trying to lynch someone that would give us more information, and I agree with that notion. Granted he didn't Express it the best way, but now everyone is turning on him, just like they did with opal lion and axolotl. So I suspect that the votes on croc may just he a defense by them and their factions so that neither of them die. I can be convinced to switch to axolotl, but on a matter of principle, I don't think I'll be voting for croc this cycle as in disagree with not only the reasoning behind the lynch and the manner in which it happened is similar to what everyone was freaking about having happened to the others. 

Edited by Cream Tuatara

10 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Gotcha. I think one of the biggest reasons for that lynch right now, if I understand right, is that he’s the only candidate so far that has a real chance of dying if the lynch happens. Weasel and I have both claimed that we’ll survive. The lynch also brought up Crcoodile for the same, but opposite reason. I’d rather not lynch Crocodile, but I’m not sure what I think either. 

Edit: @Mint Heron What do you think?

Well, this was annoying. NoReh was growing more impatient with each argument. Of course no one could decide on a lynch target. They were each part of their own factions, with their own faction goals. One faction wanted Axolotl dead, another wanted Lion dead, and on and on it goes. Unfortunately, with everyone having too much power, it was unlikely that anyone would die from this lynch anyways. The issue was Scadrial. By simply staying on that planet, one could survive the lynch indefinitely. And if they had Shardic power, a cautious player would have an extra action to spare. It only prolonged the inevitable. So, in terms of who NoReh wanted to lynch, it didn't really matter. As long as they weren't in his faction, why should he care? Still, it would be disadvantageous to not place a vote. It would be better to lynch someone who was not on his faction. So, he would vote for Indigo Weasel. No hard feelings, but something had to be accomplished, and stalling the game out for so long was just unproductive.