GAAHH I HATE MYSELF I TYPED OUT A PERFECT POST BUT I ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED 'NEXT PAGE' AND IT ALL DISAPPEARED ASJKADKJALHSLKCHLAK

K i'll try to make it short and quick this time round:

14 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Opal Lion

13 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Opal Lion

12 hours ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

Opal Lion

chill out guys

[insert rant about me hating my timezone]

14 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

while I could possibly come up with a reason or just say it's a gut feeling, the truth is you're not part of my faction and as far as I'm aware, not helping my faction either so my vote goes on you for now.

i guess your argument is valid but you seriously can't expect me to somehow defend myself against this. Unless you want me to claim to be part of your faction. Will that work? :P

12 hours ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

So, I rolled a dice. 1 and 2 for Swan, 3 and 4 for Opal, 5 and 6 for Indigo.

And I got a 4. So Opal Lion

uhh

ok

I cant tell if you actually rolled a die but ok

11 hours ago, Taupe Gecko said:

I smell a conspiracy.  I don't like it.

Weasel.  You've dodged the lynch one too many times.  If I must, I can get behind another lynch, but I really don't like how this game has been going.  Plus, I'm fairly certain no one from your faction has died yet.  Also, you've so far purposely failed a lynch, gotten another Utility Company guy killed, thus disturbing the balance, and offered to give up the identity of shards both in and out of your faction just to save yourself.

thank you. 

11 hours ago, Taupe Gecko said:

Lion, who as far as I know hasn't really done a whole lot of interesting things

hey! :P I try. i really do.

Opal Lion.

I don't like how you didnt waste any time joining in. You say something about adding pressure but this seems almost defensive to me. Weasel I don't like how you narrowly escaped last cycle's lynch and are so eager to get somebody else's head on the block today. And personally, i dont think Devotion has you protected this time. Devotion's role not only protects the target from lynches but also redirects every action targeting said target to Devotion's Vessel. If i were Devotion, i wouldn't be super keen on using my ability on you. You've made yourself stand out enough that using that role on you is kinda risky for Devotion if ya know what i mean.

11 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

A very inactive member, who I only picked because Coral Swan would probably be willing to lynch them instead. And I had no idea what faction they were in.

emphasis mine

is that the ONLY reason? :P Are you forgetting that you were only one vote away from getting lynched that turn?

11 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Agreed. The problem is, someone decided to see if the reason Ruin is in my faction is because I AM Ruin, and redirected me to myself. I had gotten info about who was going to be attacked (ultimately incorrect), and protected them. So now I have an extra life.<_<

Let's see...if devotion has used their ability on you this cycle, then that redirect you mention would have redirected towards Devotion's Vessel, therefore...redirecting devotion's action towards themself...and effectively nullifying the redirection involved in Devotion's action, but granting Devotion's Vessel immunity from today's lynch. Yes my head hurts. yEs this is the second time ive had to type this. yes the first time round it was better structured.leave me alone.

Truth is, i can't say whether Devotion used their ability on you this cycle. I'm willing to take my chances though. mainly because I'd rather not die. 

True, though I only voted on him to raise the pressure.

Assuming my gender?:P

Edited by Opal Lion

33 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Let's see...if devotion has used their ability on you this cycle, then that redirect you mention would have redirected towards Devotion's Vessel, therefore...redirecting devotion's action towards themself...and effectively nullifying the redirection involved in Devotion's action, but granting Devotion's Vessel immunity from today's lynch. Yes my head hurts. yEs this is the second time ive had to type this. yes the first time round it was better structured.leave me alone.

Truth is, i can't say whether Devotion used their ability on you this cycle. I'm willing to take my chances though. mainly because I'd rather not die.

Yeah, Devotion didn't use their action on me.

Opal Lion.

34 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

is that the ONLY reason? :P Are you forgetting that you were only one vote away from getting lynched that turn?

Willing to lynch them instead of me or themself.

And for others, note that they didn't claim to be part of the company.

So, Violet Axolotl was Truthwatched and found to have targeted both themselves and another player. The only possible case for that is either that they're a Shard or were targeted by Cultivation and given an extra action. I think them being a Shard is much more likely in this situation. Either way, Axolotl.

5 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

So, Violet Axolotl was Truthwatched and found to have targeted both themselves and another player. The only possible case for that is either that they're a Shard or were targeted by Cultivation and given an extra action. I think them being a Shard is much more likely in this situation. Either way, Axolotl.

Hm if what you say is true then they probably are a shard, however I'm not sure that warrants a vote... even if they happen to be odium or smt, lynching them would only kill the player, the shard's just going to be passed on to a teammate of theirs 

Interesting, though

12 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

Interesting assumptions. Go ahead and do as you wish, but I’ll let you know that I won’t die from a lynch. Your assumptions are also a bit off, as I hold no Shard. 

19 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Interesting assumptions. Go ahead and do as you wish, but I’ll let you know that I won’t die from a lynch. Your assumptions are also a bit off, as I hold no Shard. 

So, you implicitly acknowledge that mouse's claims are true? That's how I'm reading this post anyways. If you'd rather leave it at a "neither confirm nor deny", let it be explicitly said. 

Agreed. The problem is, someone decided to see if the reason Ruin is in my faction is because I AM Ruin, and redirected me to myself. I had gotten info about who was going to be attacked (ultimately incorrect), and protected them. So now I have an extra life.<_<

If I may ask, who gave you that information and why would they have deceived you?

1 hour ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Feruchemist, huh?

Now explain how you could perform more than one action at once.

1 hour ago, Violet Axolotl said:

There aren't a whole lot of self-targeting abilities in this game. Assuming Weasel is telling the truth about being redirected, you actually did target yourself. To my knowledge, and I invite anyone to correct me if I'm wrong, the only non-Shardic ability that can self-target is Feruchemist. However, I know that you haven't been to Scadrial in time to gain that role, so the only way I can see for you to be a Feruchemist is if Endowment gave you that role. If not from holding a Shard, the only way to gain a double action appears to be Cultivation's Investment ability. If your faction does hold Endowment, may I ask why you didn't Return anyone last night?

1 hour ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

So, you implicitly acknowledge that mouse's claims are true? That's how I'm reading this post anyways. If you'd rather leave it at a "neither confirm nor deny", let it be explicitly said. 

No. I explicitly deny holding a shard. As to any other claims or accusations, let that be a neither confirm nor deny. 

28 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

Feruchemist, huh?

Now explain how you could perform more than one action at once.

Sorry, I don’t reply well to demands. 

I dont see the benifit of lynching someone for (possibly) being a Shard. You learn what the Shard is, but you also make that Shard less likely to want to work with you in the future.

Also, there is a minor benifit of knowing what Shards belong to which factions, but I would rather know player names than faction names. If you want to contact the Shard, knowing players to contact will be more useful than knowing a faction to contact.

I stood, blindfolded, in an alley. Somewhere, of course. Not that I knew where, exactly, but at least I still existed. I reached up and tried to take the blindfold off, but found that my hands were tied together. Some sort of... twine? It felt strange, somehow. Whatever it was, there was no way I was getting my hands out of it.

I sighed, and slumped against the wall. "Help?" I called out. "Anyone?"

2 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

I dont see the benifit of lynching someone for (possibly) being a Shard. You learn what the Shard is, but you also make that Shard less likely to want to work with you in the future.

Also, there is a minor benifit of knowing what Shards belong to which factions, but I would rather know player names than faction names. If you want to contact the Shard, knowing players to contact will be more useful than knowing a faction to contact.

There's one major benefit to lynching a suspected shard-holder once their status has been so explicitly shared. You deny Odium the chance to shatter them. So this is nothing personally aimed at you, Axolotl, but just me contributing to the 'keep shards intact' pool.

Is it possible that we’ve simply stumbled on an Investee of Cultivation that used Feruchemy and some other ability? The only possible answer if we ignore the possibility of a secret role (which I still don’t feel would be too prevalent in this game), is that Cultivation + Endowment is a faction which let Axolotl do a number of things last night. If either player from a faction that holds one or both Shards cares to counterclaim, they could (though they certainly don’t have to). The other possibility is that Axolotl is lying, and either way in light of these strange circumstances a vote for Swan is not as helpful as one for Axolotl. Normally, I’d call the scanner’s reliability into question, but Axolotl seems to both know that their results are true, and at the same time hide the causes. I’d rather understand the causes here. @Violet Axolotl, if you are both not lying and are willing to explain slightly further how you managed your actions last night, I’ll take my vote off you and add it to the next leading wagon. But until then, you seem to be a veritable unknown, and I don’t like that in a game when the rules are complex enough. 

Um wow. I thought the swing to Lion was abrupt and interesting. I’d have to say this is more so. So that concerns me. 

First, I don’t hold a Shard. So the keep shards intact thing doesn’t apply. Go ahead and try to invest in me if you think I’m a Shard. 

Second, I’m not entirely willing to reveal the circumstances behind what happened. But I’d like to encourage you not to lynch something that’s unknown just for the sake of being unknown. Remember the almost lynch on Toucan? Didn’t support the theory then, don’t support it now. If you’d like to contact me privately, I may be willing to share more details. I consider myself a friendly party to any faction willing to work with me, but I’m not going to make myself a completely open target in the thread. 

32 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

I don't want to lynch you, since you'll survive. I don't want to lynch me, because I'll survive. I don't want to lynch Lion, because they'll survivethey seem nice.

What about a lurker, like Melon Dingo?

Indeed. Lynching Weasel or Axolot seems pointless this cycle as odds are they will survive. Instead how about we lynch Lion who shouldn't survive and have Odium/Ruin attack Weasel this night. Since if Devotion uses their ability on Weasel, any actions targeting them will be redirected to Devotion and they would die. (Honestly I'm surprised Odium hasn't already attacked Weasel to take out Devotion) I don't think they will save Weasel if they run the risk of dying. We can lynch Axolot next cycle since he shouldn't still have his extra life unless I'm missing something. As for why to lynch Lion, they have been online since first being voted on while the Dingo lynch that's just starting might miss them. We lynched last cycle late in the day and they were unable to respond. I don't know about you but I personally dislike being lynched without being given the chance to respond.

1 minute ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Indeed. Lynching Weasel or Axolot seems pointless this cycle as odds are they will survive. Instead how about we lynch Lion who shouldn't survive and have Odium/Ruin attack Weasel this night. Since if Devotion uses their ability on Weasel, any actions targeting them will be redirected to Devotion and they would die. (Honestly I'm surprised Odium hasn't already attacked Weasel to take out Devotion) I don't think they will save Weasel if they run the risk of dying. We can lynch Axolot next cycle since he shouldn't still have his extra life unless I'm missing something. As for why to lynch Lion, they have been online since first being voted on while the Dingo lynch that's just starting might miss them. We lynched last cycle late in the day and they were unable to respond. I don't know about you but I personally dislike being lynched without being given the chance to respond.

Whoa whoa whoa.

WHAT!

Melon Dingo. Mauve Crocodile.

That's going too far. I repeat.

WHAT DID I DO! :(