1 hour ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

I have not been as active as I had hoped, and catching up seems a daunting task. Why exactly are we wanting to lynch Weasel?

44 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Because he had the poor form of not dying to the lynch D2, and probably his team hasn't lost anyone yet.

Furthermore, Weasel's been saying a lot of very peculiar things, but in my personal opinion, none of this is criteria for death, IMO. Why can't we just let the guy (OR GIRL! SORRY TO ASSUME!) be weird?

Edited by Salmon Meerkat
You know what they say about assuming

Well, this discussion about colour has been fascinating, and probably the most productive we’ve had in quite some time. But unfortunately British spellings are the way to go here. 

As for why I’m advocating lynching Weasel? He’s made quite the set of claims, and we either threaten him with the lynch, forcing him to corroborate those claims, or we kill him and verify the truth of those claims. Either way, more information flows and benefits everybody (except those in Weasel’s faction, but hey, they’re presumably unscathed so far, so their life isn’t too terrible). 

16 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Well, this discussion about colour has been fascinating, and probably the most productive we’ve had in quite some time. But unfortunately British spellings are the way to go here. 

As for why I’m advocating lynching Weasel? He’s made quite the set of claims, and we either threaten him with the lynch, forcing him to corroborate those claims, or we kill him and verify the truth of those claims. Either way, more information flows and benefits everybody (except those in Weasel’s faction, but hey, they’re presumably unscathed so far, so their life isn’t too terrible). 

By that logic, wouldn't it be better to threathen someone else with the lynch that hasn't told us stuff yet? (I'm not really in favor of using the lynch like that, btw).

There's no way Weasel can corroborate those claims unless the shards claim, and that's unlikely to happen.

13 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

By that logic, wouldn't it be better to threathen someone else with the lynch that hasn't told us stuff yet? (I'm not really in favor of using the lynch like that, btw).

There's no way Weasel can corroborate those claims unless the shards claim, and that's unlikely to happen.

If you're a shard, please tell the rest of us, so we can know who to team up against in order to give all the other factions a greater chance of winning. errr... umm... Corroborate Indigo's claims.

25 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Isn't that how we normally use the lynch? We vote for someone that hasn't talked to get their reads on people and such?

I think people are still a bit miffed that Weasel got himself lynched D2 just to waste a lynch. They then claimed they had Ruin in their faction.

1 hour ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Because he had the poor form of not dying to the lynch D2, and probably his team hasn't lost anyone yet.

This is the real reason people want to lynch him. Anything on top of that, is just people trying to find additional justification.

While I would love to see Weasel lynched simply to test their claim, if they really are protected there is no point. So we need a new or alternative lynch prospect. Opal Lion, while I could possibly come up with a reason or just say it's a gut feeling, the truth is you're not part of my faction and as far as I'm aware, not helping my faction either so my vote goes on you for now.

3 hours ago, Quartz Zebra said:

He’s made quite the set of claims, and we either threaten him with the lynch, forcing him to corroborate those claims, or we kill him and verify the truth of those claims.

There's not really a lot more Weasel can do to prove their claims unless faction members claim Devotion and/or Ruin, or if Ruin destroys a planet.  If Weasel was telling the truth about the faction name, which is uncertain, they haven't lost anyone yet. While lynching a member of that faction might therefore be useful, especially if their wincon doesn't require allies, I don't see great reasons to target Weasel specifically when Devotion is available to protect them every cycle.

The other main lynch candidate appears to be Lion, supposedly a random player not in Crocodile's faction. Arbitrary lynches led to the death of another Utility Company member yesterday, so perhaps this time we'll get the accused, @Opal Lion  to speak in their own defence. What lynch target would you like to offer?

"What a waste."

NoReh's bones creaked as he sat up and stretched. Sel was especially boring this time of year. His recently acquired body had evidently been hiding here to avoid the ensuing chaos. Obviously, that was a poor strategy. Staying still was only appropriate when you had something to hide from. That was why NoReh had taken account of those lingering on this planet. The power available here was entirely passive, and only useful if one wanted to make alliances. So, it was a simple question. If the locals were taking advantage of the power, then it was simple to verify. Just find out who they had contacted. If they hadn't contacted anyone, then obviously something was amiss, and it would be interesting to learn their excuses. He gathered the list up, and three names stuck out. @Charcoal Hyena @Salmon Meerkat @Saffron Iguana had all languished in the walls of Atlantis. Were they simple Elantrians, or were they something more? It would be easy enough to see. All he needed was verification from outside sources. So, if they were in Private Messages with anyone, they were cleared. If not, well, then that would be more interesting.

Gilgamesh sat in a tent several miles from the city, which he had learned was called Elendel.  He had bought some basic camping gear with his remaining "boxings," and set up camp in the hills outside Elendel.  Now, he was in the process of testing out each of the metal minds he had purchased from the thin man.  He'd made his way through most of them, and while some of them had given him useful attributes like speed or strength, or increased his weight or senses, some of them seemed to be completely useless.  One of them made him overheat, while another seemed to make him feel like he'd just had a large meal.  He'd noticed that metals of the same type would only give you the same sort of ability, so he had discarded many of them after finding them useless.    Still another trinket, made of gold, appeared to do nothing at all.

What was even more interesting was that Gilgamesh had found that he could actually store certain attributes in the trinkets as well!  And for a man of his impressive physique, he could easily store a fair bit of muscle and speed while barely losing anything at all!  It would be more like a workout than anything else.  He could probably even store some of his weight while also storing muscle, and then later tap the weight for an extra great workout, or to lend more force to his punches.  It was perfect!  

Gilgamesh figured he'd probably stay here a little while longer.  Just to see what else happened.  On a world this interesting, he was bound to meet someone strong eventually!

2 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

While I would love to see Weasel lynched simply to test their claim, if they really are protected there is no point. So we need a new or alternative lynch prospect. Opal Lion, while I could possibly come up with a reason or just say it's a gut feeling, the truth is you're not part of my faction and as far as I'm aware, not helping my faction either so my vote goes on you for now.

2 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Opal Lion.

1 hour ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

So, I rolled a dice. 1 and 2 for Swan, 3 and 4 for Opal, 5 and 6 for Indigo.

And I got a 4. So Opal Lion

I smell a conspiracy.  I don't like it.

Weasel.  You've dodged the lynch one too many times.  If I must, I can get behind another lynch, but I really don't like how this game has been going.  Plus, I'm fairly certain no one from your faction has died yet.  Also, you've so far purposely failed a lynch, gotten another Utility Company guy killed, thus disturbing the balance, and offered to give up the identity of shards both in and out of your faction just to save yourself.

Really, I don't see a whole lot of reasons to keep you alive.  Plus, in the very least, actually seeing you die would be a nice change of pace. If you die, we'll probably get more information than lynching Lion, who as far as I know hasn't really done a whole lot of interesting things; and we could rid of the focus on you, which is inhibiting other analysis.

11 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Oh good.  Because I for one want information this time, thank you very much.

That's kind of interesting, seeing as you're the one who lost us the first lynch.  And in many ways, tipped the scales for the second.  I think the most information would come from killing you, thank you very much.

Also your tone puts me off a teensy bit which may be influencing my choices. :P 

Edited by Taupe Gecko

2 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

really don't like how this game has been going

Is this just me or does this sound like your wincon is not progressing well? Maybe your wincon involves constructing planets...

2 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

Plus, I'm fairly certain no one from your faction has died yet

Correct.

But neither has 2 other factions.

5 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

Also, you've so far purposely failed a lynch

Yeah. The first lynch. Oh, but there was a day without a lynch you say. Yes. And A night.

When NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENED. There was pretty much no data, so we'd be basically randomly picking someone to be almost certainly out of the LAST EVER SHARD GAME.

Oh yeah, and it's a faction game, so the lynch doesn't really matter anyways early on, when alliances can't have been formed.

As far as I'm concerned, I've provided us all a service.

10 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

gotten another Utility Company guy killed, thus disturbing the balance,

A very inactive member, who I only picked because Coral Swan would probably be willing to lynch them instead. And I had no idea what faction they were in.

14 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

and offered to give up the identity of shards both in and out of your faction just to save yourself.

The former was something I would have tried to avoid doing. As to the latter, as one of the handful of semi-active players in my faction (one of whom was just eaten by a Kandra), the only one contacting others, and as a player cut off by timezones from easy communication with my factionmates, I decided that my life was worth more than others knowing that Devotion and Ruin are allied. 

21 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

Plus, in the very least, actually seeing you die would be a nice change of pace.

I actually agree with this.

22 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

If you die, we'll probably get more information than lynching Lion, who as far as I know hasn't really done a whole lot of interesting things;

True, though I only voted on him to raise the pressure.

22 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

and we could rid of the focus on you, which is inhibiting other analysis.

I still don't get how I became public enemy #1.

26 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

I think the most information would come from killing you, thank you very much.

Agreed. The problem is, someone decided to see if the reason Ruin is in my faction is because I AM Ruin, and redirected me to myself. I had gotten info about who was going to be attacked (ultimately incorrect), and protected them. So now I have an extra life.<_<

27 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

Also your attitude puts me off a teensy bit which may be influencing my choices

Yeah, sorry about that. I had to do that to get lynched D2, and I kind of settled into a persona afterwards.

(Is this better? I'm trying to be less mysterious and more proactive, but I'm worried it might come off too aggressive.)

Sel:

Vhelir stood there, in front of 4 other Elantrians, what were their names again? He actually couldn't remember any of them introducing themselves. How rude of us all. So he went forward to shake their hands. "I apologize it took so long for me to realize, but I don't even know what to call any of you. My name is Vhelir, and I hope as this critical situation continues, we can all do what we can to defuse it by working together".

The person right in front of him (  @Mint Heron  ) just stared at him blankly. Ok then, I wonder what I did wrong.
"Do you not think I intend to help stop the war?". No response.

"Well, I have only been on Sel for 2 days so far, but I have already contacted 2 people, one who goes by @Sunburst Toucan, and another of the name @Indigo Weasel.
Perhaps now that you know I am using my abilities for the benefit of all, you will trust me a little more?"

Tessa had had a very bad night. her information about the Next shard's movements had been a complete bust. Worse still was the paranoia about some assassins stalking her from the shadows. She knew that the prediction from the previous day could have meant any number of things, but it still bothered her a lot. The Divinatory technique, if it worked at all, was always vague and imprecise on details. So why then did she feel so certain about this one detail?

Sleep had been slow to come and fitful, with dreams of armed shadows and misshapen assailants chasing her. The sound of her alarm came as a relief.

The night hadn't been as bloody as the previous one,though one death was still one too many. Vahal had also once again included a request for a prediction, though this time he hadn't specified a particular topic. "I might as well get rid of the damnation Paranoia and make a prediction about myself. It'll just come up with a nice and prosperous future, and I can stop worrying." She put down the wheel of fortune card, and started shuffling the deck.

"First card is the empress. Action, initiative, long days spend doing clandestine work. Yep, that sounds like my current life.  It's followed by three of cups. That's good, Apparently the only things slowing me down will be an excess of success, maybe even a promotion."

"Next up is the six of staves. Yeah, overall victory is what I'm aiming for, of course. So far so good. And it's followed by the Hanged man." As usual she almost added. The Hanged came up regularly in this position when she was divining about herself. It represented prophecy and divination as her gifts to achieve her goal with.

"In the past is The Tower. It represents things like misery and distress. It could be referring to the time of Autonomy's reign, or my recent worries about that killer. Probably the second one, as this card also represents deception."

"Next is the Demon. Extraordinary effort and violence are in my immediate future. Could represent my fate as well." She shrugged. Though that card could eb taken as a bad Omen, it didn't say anything bad would happen to her, and violence in the future was to be expected with the war going on.

"Alright, the final four. First is queen of cups to represents my stance towards the future. Honesty, wisdom, intelligence. It might be an admonishment to keep my head on right for what is to come. Next is the world, singifiying a life of constant travel and success. I've traveled most of the cosmere, and things have been going well, so that works. The third is the ten of pentacles. Wealth, more wealth and family. Not what's going to come, but what I am hoping for. Last one is five of staves. Competition and struggle int he search for success. Could also indicate.." She stopped herself there. Communication with Vahal was supposedly secure, but this card spelled out the finer details of The Plan.

"Let's leave it at that. No big predictions about dramatic events. Just struggles and the hope for success." She turned off the recording and stashed away the cards. She felt better. The closes thing to a warning of oncoming troubles was the Demon card, and if the divination wanted to warn her of her oncoming death, there was a far less ambiguous card for that.

As she prepared  to leave for the night's business, she noticed something sticking out from under her bed. It was a single card from her deck. it'd probably fallen there while she was shuffling it. It was lying face down so she couldn't see which card it was. She felt a surge of apprehension, but quickly suppressed it as she picked up the card and put ti with the rest, without checking which card it was.

7 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Is this just me or does this sound like your wincon is not progressing well? Maybe your wincon involves constructing planets...

Ahaha.  This is why I shouldn't write posts while I'm tired. :P I don't really even know what I was trying to say there.  It's weird because I'm more focused on doing things with Gilgamesh than anything else, so I'm actually pretty happy with how things are going. 

8 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Yeah. The first lynch. Oh, but there was a day without a lynch you say. Yes. And A night.

When NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENED. There was pretty much no data, so we'd be basically randomly picking someone to be almost certainly out of the LAST EVER SHARD GAME.

Oh yeah, and it's a faction game, so the lynch doesn't really matter anyways early on, when alliances can't have been formed.

As far as I'm concerned, I've provided us all a service.

Lol.  Well I guess I can't argue with that.

7 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

(Is this better? I'm trying to be less mysterious and more proactive, but I'm worried it might come off too aggressive.)

Yeah.  Honestly I'm probably being too aggressive, all things considered.  You're probably fine.  A little aggressive is pretty normal for someone under the threat of lynch, anyway, and I shouldn't post while tired. :P 

I still want you dead tho. :P  I suppose I'm just as guilty of fabricating reasons for a lynch as anyone else is, though.  In the end it just comes down to you not being from my faction, and not having lost a faction-member yet.

I've been voting for weasel for most of the game, thinking that they're trying unnecessarily to inhibit the flow of information, but I realized that that's what most everyone who is voting for them is thinking of him, and not me personally. Then I saw that last post from indigo, and decided to review their posts, and he has been fairly cooperative, in an annoying, roundabout way:P but we've been able to glean quite a bit of information from them. They've been fairly free with information, and while we shouldn't trust everything they say, I would wager that a good portion of it is accurate. We know that either he had a extra life, or he has friends who were able to protect him. Those would be good to have on your side, at least tentatively or temporarily. I havent played many faction games, but the ones I have played, I can't help but notice that near the middle of the game, favors tend to be exchanged quite often. Having an extra life later would be favorable. So with that in mind, indigo weasel,  but if you know devotion Cultivation, (that's the one that creates PMs, right?) Let her know please that I want to be put in PMs. 

Anyway, I can't find any good reasons for the lynch on opal, or any other targets for that matter, other than they're not in my faction, which I suppose is sufficient at some points, but I just can't really get myself to vote for anyone right now. If any of those that didn't just role dice has a good reason I should vote for someone in particular, please tag me, and let me know your reasoning, so i can consider it for myself. 

Edited by Cream Tuatara
Cultivation