I think lynching Weasel would give us the most information, but if I would imagine Weasel would be protected by Devotion again, unless they plan on sticking another person out there to draw attention away from Weasel.

I just got online, but will try to go through the thread and such and try to decide who I think would be best to lynch.

Just now, Azure Mouse said:

You know what? I think lynching Weasel is going nowhere at this point. Octopus.

Why Octopus though? After a brief perusal of the thread, neither Swan nor Octopus have created much of a stir. The swing to Octopus seems engineered by Swan’s and Weasel’s factions to save their teammates, which is fine, but Weasel (Zebra) is still the best candidate, if only to confirm what he’s told us, and because he’s the only candidate of the three that’s helpful in advancing anything beyond a “restoration of balance” (which, by the way, we don’t know if Octopus is in one of the “weakened” factions or not). He could always be Returned later if we feel too guilty. (Or rather, if Endowment does.) Also, Weasel, Autonomy can’t help you, as they’re very nicely Shattered right now. Guess you’ll have to appeal to Ambition, or use your own Forger role, if you bothered to make it.  

1 minute ago, Azure Mouse said:

I thought that the results weren't going to go anywhere. I think Octopus would be a target whose death might give us more information, especially, since they've been relatively quiet.

...So what you're saying is, we should kill a quiet person because they'll give us more information than a talkative person.  I'm afraid I'm not seeing the connection here.  In my mind, a talkative person would give us more information, because their death information could be cross-referenced with more events, rather than a quiet person, who would only give us a faction name and a role, with no other information to work with.

Just now, Indigo Weasel said:

You guys keep having the same recurring misconception.  I'm a worldhopper.  My factionmate is Devotion.

Who thought you were Devotion?  I was fairly certain you weren't.

I kinda do feel bad about killing a talkative person though; that's the fatal flaw of this kind of reasoning.  The quiet people don't get killed because no one knows about them, and no information would be gained from them, and the talkative people die.  This continues until only the inactive remain.  It's a brutal cycle, which is why I usually advocate inactive slaying.  But that gets villages in trouble.  Here, it's less of a bad thing, so I'm kind of reconsidering my view now... I'll have to think about it.  Because we do have pinch-hitters.

Are there any players who haven't posted yet?

1 hour ago, Indigo Weasel said:

The reason my alliances would die too is that the rest of my faction is not very interested in alliances, and so therefore they would probably crumble.

So your faction doesn't really need the help of others to complete its win condition. Seems fair.

15 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

At this point, I have one more vote on me than Octopus.

Octopus would almost certainly die if lynched, as they're not on Scadrial. The only way I see them surviving is if Octopus and Weasel are in the same faction, and Devotion protected Octopus last night. Meanwhile, your faction should have a Forger that can probably move a vote off you. Since your faction has Ruin, were they the one to kill Penguin?

2 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Octopus would almost certainly die if lynched, as they're not on Scadrial. The only way I see them surviving is if Octopus and Weasel are in the same faction, and Devotion protected Octopus last night. Meanwhile, your faction should have a Forger that can probably move a vote off you. Since your faction has Ruin, were they the one to kill Penguin?

I feel like a Ruin kill would have a bit more pomp and flair to it, you know?  Although Penguin did write his own death scene.  Idk.

4 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Yeah, but I would like as many players to win the last Shard game as possible.

That's an interesting perspective.  I can see where you're coming from.  But you have to remember: at the end of the day, this is Sanderson ELIMINATION.  People gonna die. :P Also my competitive nature hates that idea. 

Edited by Taupe Gecko

Weasel(4): Falcon, Gecko, Dingo, Zebra
Octopus(4): Swan, Weasel, Axolotl, Mouse
Swan(1): Octopus

Edit: (Why is the keyboard shortcut to post so easily to use accidentally)

Here's the new vote tally, and since Weasel's faction has the forger role, it will likely be Octopus that dies. The interesting news from the Scadrial doc is that Weasel has claimed they would die if lynched. I do not know whether the potential ability to kill Weasel means we should, though. 

@A Joe in the Bush, if the lynch is tied, what happens?

Edited by Ivory Dragonfly
Accidentally posted

About 40ish minutes left in this turn. Please get in orders now, as I will not accept any votes or actions that are sent in past the end of the Hour.

EDIT: Wow, 6,666 posts, and this is what I said? What a waste.

@Ivory Dragonfly, PAFO, also, you could vote if you don't want to PAFO.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush