1 hour ago, Quartz Zebra said:

The Shard of Autonomy is currently held by one of the following players: 

Ivory Dragonfly, Quartz Zebra, Indigo Weasel, Magenta Albatross, Pearl Chameleon, Plum Rhinoceros, Cream Tuatara, Emerald Falcon, Amber Vulture, Taupe Gecko, Melon Dingo. 

Your theory is flawed. There is another that it is more likely to be.

**Automated Recording - Case: 8789043**

00:00 COMPUTER: CITIZEN OF THE AUTONOMOUS STATES YOU ARE UNDER ARREST

00:05 CITIZEN #14256395: CREM CREM CREM CREM

00:07-01:45 As the swearing continues, someone can be heard moving around and slamming doors.

01:46 CITIZEN #14256395: WHERE’S MY STORMING BAG

02:02 Citizen #14256395 attempts to open the front door to their apartment. It doesn’t open.

02:30 At this point the Autonomous Regiment had entered the apartment complex that Citizen #14256395 resides in

2:35 A window can be heard being smashed, several gunshots can be heard. The shots have been identified as coming from AR Officer Ron Johnson, who has already been promoted and given compensation in his part of capturing a state criminal

2:45 The sound of choppers can be heard

3:00 At this point AR Officers have arrived at the door of the apartment complex

3:01 AR OFFICERS: THIS IS THE AUTONOMOUS REGIMENT PREPARE TO BE ARRESTED

3:05 The door is opened, and the sound of 4 sets of heavy footsteps can be heard. A body is slammed to the floor

3:10 AR CAPTAIN:  CITIZEN #14256395 YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAWS OF THE STATES OF AUTONOMY PREPARE TO BE ARRESTED

3:15 CITIZEN #14256395: YOU CAN’T DO THIS! I HAVE RIGHTS

3:16 A gunshot can be heard

**End of Automated Recording- CITIZEN #14256395 was successfully arrested**

6 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Ah but if I reveal how I know it could lead to who I suspect. We wouldn't want it to be too easy would we?

No, of course we wouldn't want it to be too easy. I assume the reasoning behind the people in that list is that they are/were all on Scadrial. So you are saying that you don't think it is one of those people, which it could only be if either Autonomy could target Shardworlds she is not on, or if you are lying.

And it specifically says in the rules Autonomy can only target Shardworlds she is on.

Edited by Saffron Iguana
Autonomy rules

52 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

@Seonid @A Joe in the Bush Does Autonomy’s investment action come before or after worldhopping?

Before. Worldhopping always* comes last.

Also, sorry, just got home, writeup might be a tad late.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

AG 5: Day 3 - Unseen Strike

Steel walked in the home of the old Elantrian woman. "Spirit of Speed? No one has ever called me that before."

The woman chuckled slightly, settling in a chair, silvery light coming off of her skin. "That's because no one looks at your spiritual aspect to see you, young one. I'm blind, you see. I use the Dor to instead view people spiritually. A handy trick, if you ask me. And your spirit web- it basically is the spiritual ideal of speed. I've never seen anything quite like it."

"And you'll never see anything like it again." Steel's blood ran chill as he burnt f-steel to see the man who had spoken the words. He no longer wore a ridiculous yellow costume, but instead a simple brown tunic. And with a single motion, he was behind the elantrian and had snapped her neck. Steel had risen in an instant, but it was already too late. The man disappeared from the room, and Steel followed, spren close behind. Elantrians turned in hostility towards his enemy, but the man was so fast that no Elantrian would be able to draw an Aon in time to actually fight him. Only Steel had a chance to catch him.

The villain stopped to face Steel, and Steel summoned his shardblade. He pointed it directly at the man's throat. "Tell me where my sister is. Or I'll cut out whatever spiritual aspect you DO have."

"Thing is," the man said easily, "I don't need you anymore."  His extended shardblade was knocked aside, and a vibrating hand was stuck into his heart, as Steel gazed in horror at his own chest. And so for the second time, Steel found himself dying, this time not from a blast from Odium, but from the enemy that perhaps only he could have beaten. In anger, he burnt allomantic steel, flaring it in a moment of death, sending his feruchemical metalminds in every which way- several of which hit his attacker, to his pleasure. His shardblade dissolved, and Phlo's crystalline face was the last thing he saw before he faded into the cognitive Realm. Not like Endowment would return him AGAIN, anyway.

The Worldhopper who called themselves Vulture was nervous. It had only been a little slip, barely even enough to register, but paranoia dictated that it had probably been noticed. And since paranoia was an insatiable fiend, whose appetite only grew the more you fed it, it dictated that not only had the slip been noticed, but it had been noticed and would be taken advantage of by their most dangerous enemies.

Of course, such an outcome would be highly unlikely. It was only a small slip in the facade of being a normal worldhopper. Just a little drip of Shardic power when it shouldn't have been possible. And nobody was there to notice. It was ironic, then, that Vulture's paranoia was perfectly accurate.

Unfortunately, as the dust settled and Odium's power burned down to a low, seething glow, Vulture was no longer in a place where they could appreciate the irony.

Chartreuse Penguin has been murdered! They were a Worldhopper of the Hidden Garden, with the Truthwatcher role.
Amber Vulture has been murdered! They were a Vessel of the Utility Company, holding the Shard of Autonomy.
The Shard of Autonomy has been Shattered!

Player List:
1. Amethyst Scorpion
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture Vessel, Autonomy
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin Worldhopper, Truthwatcher
6. Coral Swan
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion
18. Oxblood Beagle
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat
25. Sapphire Elephant
26. Scarlet Octopus
27. Sunburst Toucan
28. Taupe Gecko
29. Turquoise Gorilla
30. Violet Axolotl

Shardworld Tracker:
Yolen: 2/8 charges
The day will last until Tuesday, January 22nd, 12:00 AM, Mountain Time

Edited by Seonid

That’s interesting. 

I guess Odium and Ruin decided to start killing, unless Dominion had a Dakhor Monk on whichever planet Penguin was at, or he targeted the wrong person and a Mistborn took him out. We don’t learn which Shard was Shattered, but odds are it’s Autonomy, from the discussion about aspect-creation and Worldhopping held at the end of last cycle. It would also mean Odium isn’t with Autonomy, but that was unlikely to begin with.  

Killing Penguin was kind of a jerk move. I’m pretty sure that he was trying for a narrative arc with his character, which was cut off (again) presuming he is who he said he was. Although it’s still possible for him to be Returned, if Endowment was feeling charitable (and would actually be kind of thematically perfect, in a way :P). 

I’m also doing a character arc, you know, just in case anyone is thinking of killing me :rolleyes:.

But I’m going to vote Indigo for leading us on a wild Weasel chase for the lynch and basically making us waste a lynch.

It is highly probable this may change to a certain other player I have my eyes on right now (I’m watching you) so I’m watching them too of any suspicious activity.

Writeup is up! Thanks to Chartreuse Penguin for providing their death scene.

8 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

We do not learn what specific shards or abilities peopel had when they die? Interesting. 

8 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I actually just can't remember what Seonid and I decided, and he is asleep. So you might learn their roles in about 6 hours.

Current Roles (including any Shardworld roles that were used that cycle or investment roles that would expire at the end of the cycle) and Shards are revealed upon death.

3 hours ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

I’m also doing a character arc, you know, just in case anyone is thinking of killing me :rolleyes:.

But I’m going to vote Indigo for leading us on a wild Weasel chase for the lynch and basically making us waste a lynch.

It is highly probable this may change to a certain other player I have my eyes on right now (I’m watching you) so I’m watching them too of any suspicious activity.

I'd be wary that Indigo might be in the same situation they were in last lynch.  It might be unlikely, as it's possible that Devotion would have been too worried about Indigo getting targeted with kill actions last night to use their redirect on them again.  I'm not sure though.

Honestly either way though, I don't really see a reason to try and kill Indigo again.  It seems like there's probably a better use of the lynch, all things considered.

Amber Vulture has been murdered! They were a Vessel of the Utility Company, holding the Shard of Autonomy.
The Shard of Autonomy has been Shattered!

3. Amber Vulture Vessel, Ambition

Erm.  Which one of these is accurate?  I'd assume it's Autonomy, but I'd just like to double check.

Might RP later.

1 minute ago, Taupe Gecko said:

Erm.  Which one of these is accurate?  I'd assume it's Autonomy, but I'd just like to double check.

Might RP later.

This is not the mistake you were looking for. Move along. :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Damnation.

Damnation Damnation Damnation.

This was not the plan.

This was not the plan at all.

...Why.

This is one of the things that annoys me most.  If you've got something to say, just say it.  Don't try to be all mysterious and then wait for someone to be like "Oh, I wonder what you could mean by this," or someone to ask you to explain yourself.  If you don't have anything to say, then don't randomly hint.  It's a nuisance, frankly, it doesn't add anything to the conversation, and it's just a rather silly attempt to make it seem like you're holding some cards we want to see.  Well I don't want to see them, thank you very much.

11 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Anyways, any speculation on the factions based on their names/colors?

The garden faction is red, which makes me think, along with other things, that Cultivation is allied with Odium.  After all, the Autonomy faction was yellow.

Oh, so you don't have anything to say.

Grrrrrrr.

edit:  Ok perhaps this was a bit harsh.  But please, if you want to share something, perhaps a better way of doing it might be just straight up explaining yourself rather than baiting everyone.

Edited by Taupe Gecko