1 hour ago, Cream Tuatara said:

I think that trying to lynch someone because they could possibly be lying is a good thing. Usually it is beneficial to a player or their team to get people out of the game who are openly deceiving others. On the contrary, attempting to protect an open deceiver smells of bad intentions to me. So with that in mind, Magenta Albatross

So you still believe Toucan was lying?

Anyway, I really don't get why people are so hung up on Toucan maybe lying about being Neutral tot he point that they consider it immediately lynchworthy, so could you explain what about Toucan's claim, if it had been a lie marks him as the enemy, because I really don't get it?

18 hours ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Alright. I feel like I missed something during my temporary absence, though I’m not entirely sure what. For now, I see a few vaguely defined lynch wagons, which seem to be based off typical reasoning that ends up surrounding D1 lynches, regardless of whether or not a game has factions. Not that the reasoning is bad, it’s just typically less solid than it becomes later as more information is garnered. 

That said, although this has been nice so far, I think we should start killing people. Partially so the game can progress, as I’d rather this not become one very, very long blaze of light that extends until mid-May, if people don’t start dying, and partially to start getting information. For that reason alone I’d like a Toucan lynch, as I’m morbidly curious what his actual alignment is, but he does make a good point that lynching neutrals to test them every time is unfair to them, and I’d like to see how much he upholds his commitment to impartiality and neutrality. If he does, I see no reason not to let him continue living. Looking at the other lynch candidates, we have Weasel, for potentially conspiring with Odium, and Albatross, for pushing on an “easy” Toucan lynch. Of the two, I’d rather see Weasel dead if only to clear up the conflict between him an Axolotl a cycle or two ago, but again that’s not a terribly great reason to take someone out of the game, and I’m not entirely sure he’s really working with Odium (and that’s not necessarily a sin in any case). Instead, I’ll go @Sapphire Elephant. Sapphire, I understand being confused by the rules a little bit, especially if this truly is your first Shard game, but you’ve made a total of one post so far. Care to join us and share your thoughts some more? (Note: there are other minimally active people, as I just picked somebody at random. But I’d like it if everyone, including Sapphire and other minimally actives (and myself), to make a commitment to post in-thread once a cycle, even if it’s a “just-checking-back-in” or RP post, just to foster a little more interaction in here. Faction and world docs are nice, but this will be the permanent record of Seonid’s final game, so let’s make it an active and good one. Also, I’d rather lynch a semi-inactive than one fully so, if only because full inactives will eventually be replaced.)

Okay! Sorry!
It's a lot harder to play one of these games and to keep track of everything, a faction doc, what I can do, what people can, and probably will, do to me, and the thread than just follow along and enjoy reading a game...

Okay I guess I will share my thoughts.

Indigo Weasel seems to be off to me. I feel like they are attempting to cause chaos simply for chaos's sake... which might mean be are being distracted from something? I have no idea what we would be being distracted from, though. 

1 minute ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Oh, I thought they did, my mistake.

Note that I haven't taken my vote off of myself yet :D

The whole self voting thing seems off to me. Maybe they are trying to distract us from the lynch so their faction can swing the vote with vote manipulation later or something? I honestly have no idea.

Sorry I haven't been that active...

Gilgamesh was more than a little bored.  He'd abandoned his perch high above the rest of Silverlight, turning rather to walking the streets.  Now he was sitting in an alleyway, still listening.  But he was getting bored.

Very little of interest was happening here on Silverlight.  While he'd hoped that the turmoil and fear would drive away the weak, and leave only the strong as companions, the people left on Silverlight seemed to prefer skulking around making plans rather than fighting.  No one was dying, no one was fighting, and he had heard nothing of interest about what was going on in the world.  Despite all the hype, this "war of the shards" was turning out to be much less exciting than he had hoped.  He sighed, rubbing his left shoulder, which had been bothering him lately.

Old wounds... 

Gilgamesh stood, grunting.    Well, if there were no interesting people here, he'd have to go somewhere else.  He'd heard that the natives of Scadrial were particularly strong...  Perhaps he should go there.  He grinned.  Maybe he'd find someone to fight.

~~~

Gilgamesh walked slowly down the long, narrow, dimly lit passageway.  It was simple, and unadorned; the only light came from small, unobtrusive globes hung near the top of either side of the passage.  Supposedly, this passage lead to a door between realms, through which he could easily travel to Scadrial.  But it had gone on for ages now, and Gilgamesh still couldn't see the end.  How long was this going to take?

Soon, however, a bright light appeared at the end of the hallway.  Gilgamesh walked slowed, noticing that the passageway was slowly widening, the ceiling rising, and that at the end it curved to form a spherical room with a pool sunk into the floor at the bottom.

The pool glowed.

It was filled with a thick, opaque liquid, which shifted oddly in the otherwise still room. It was silvery, with lines of brighter and darker colors constantly swirling.  Looking into the pool, Gilgamesh could see his face reflected clearly through the swirling silvers and greys, but nothing else in the room. reflected.  Odd.  He looked closer, seeing the familiar hard lines and scars of his face - the face of a warrior.  It was a good face.  He grinned, looking at himself, and saw his face soften.  Gilgamesh was glad.  He could still pull of a good mischievous look, despite everything.

The room was empty, other than the pool, without even the lanterns of the hallway to provide light.  The room was instead lit by the pool, which shone even brighter than the lanterns had in the hallway.  It felt strange, though - even without his powers, Gilgamesh could feel an odd resonance coming from it.  Still, this was the way to Scadrial, and he did want to get there.  It was odd, this feeling that he felt inside him.  It was like anticipation, or excitement, mixed with a wariness of sorts; Gilgamesh didn't know where this pool would bring him, nor what the cost might be of getting there.  It had taken him long enough just to travel to this pool, which was far enough away from Silverlight to have been an inconvenience to normal people.  But now... was this nervousness?  Gilgamesh grinned, shaking his head.  It had been ages since he was nervous about anything.  But these were interesting times...  

Gilgamesh took a deep breath, and jumped into the pool.  Wherever it took him, he was ready.  He had more than enough strength to face whatever may come.

Strength.

I took some creative liberties describing whatever the Shardpool at Silverlight might look like.  Gilgamesh doesn't have a whole lot of terminology knowledge as far as the Cosmere goes, so he also describes things a little oddly compared to your average worldhopper.  Also, the 'powers' or 'magic' that Gilgamesh keeps referring to are abilities that Gilgamesh lost or sacrificed in order to get to Silverlight.  He's had a bit of a rough time of it. :P  Also, Gilgamesh is heading to Scadrial, and might get there before I do - although I do intend to get there sooner or later.  What Gilgamesh is doing and where he is doing things, while related to what I'm doing, probably won't happen in the same sort of time frame due to cycle timing.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Indigo Weasel.  Honestly, they seem to be doing things pretty stereotypical of someone who wants to draw attention to themselves and/or get themselves killed.  So I'd personally rather not do that.

All things considered I'm not sure what to make of Axolotl's claim of having some sort of hidden information.  I don't think that it's impossible, but it seems a little odd to me the sort of things they claim.  I sort of doubt the amount of information they actually have, and they're certainly trying to seem mysterious, but I don't necessarily think that the things that they're claiming are impossible to have found out through normal means, although it's a little odd that they didn't really share them.

Finally I'd like to comment on the voting pattern that seems to be appearing; Most of the votes I've seen, excluding poke votes on inactive, have been cast at, A: people who voted on someone else, for the reason that they appear to be trying to get people killed, B: people who the voter believes might be related to Odium, who might have a win-con related to killing people, and C: at people the voter thinks are acting weird/suspicious.  I'd like to point out that, because this is a faction game, everyone has pretty equal reason to try to lynch people from other factions.  Unless a faction's win-con involves keeping people alive somehow, I believe it's probably in most factions interest to get rid of other players.  I'd imagine that most win-cons are more feasible with less people around, so this pretense of trying to start lynches on people who "might be dangerous" seems a little off to me.  That being said, I'd also imagine that it's in most factions interests to survive with as many people as possible, so I'd caution against acting odd or trying to drum up votes against a certain person.

This is part of why Indigo's actions seem so odd to me.  They neither appear to be trying to get other people killed, nor are they really avoiding attention; I don't know quite what their goal is, but I think we should pay attention to them.  I don't, however, think lynching them would be the best idea.  They might be trying to draw our attention away from someone/something else, although it seems it would be almost impossible to tell what at this stage.

1 hour ago, Cream Tuatara said:

I think that trying to lynch someone because they could possibly be lying is a good thing. Usually it is beneficial to a player or their team to get people out of the game who are openly deceiving others. On the contrary, attempting to protect an open deceiver smells of bad intentions to me. So with that in mind, Magenta Albatross

I don't think this makes any sense.  We don't have any proof that Toucan was lying, and frankly it seems more likely that they weren't at this point - although I'll withhold judgement on that front - and I don't see why defending Toucan, even if they were lying, seems like a good reason to lynch someone.

I'll note that I'm not against a lynch, despite my slight disapproval of the reasoning for most of the votes, and I'll probably vote a little later in the cycle.  It's probably a good idea to have a lynch just to get things rolling, and Gilgamesh would be happier if people started dying.

Regarding Axolotl, I'd say it could quite possibly be that he has some kind of world-hop scan related to the shards, because he explicitly mentioned that Odium and Devotion hadn't world-hopped. If he does, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he's a Neutral with a special role and a win-con that's in some way related to doing things with or to the Shards.

there's something off about Weasel I've been wanting to point out for a while now, but sO mANy uNeXPecTEd things keep popping up irl and I keep forgetting. so yeah.

im on mobile so im got gonna try and quote the posts on to here, but @Indigo Weasel has mentioned being in "docs" (plural) at least twice since the game started. I should mention that this was during the first turn, so they couldn't have been in any world doc at the time. I can't say if that's just a mistake or a huge slip-up. 

i do have a little theory on why Weasel may willingly want to get themself lynched: Their faction(s?) may have chosen a wincon that relates to attaining a certain number of 'returned'. In which case, their faction probably has Endowment. If this is true, then I suppose it doesn't really harm to help them out with that? Unless it's a wincon that ends the game, in which case I would prefer that one of my wincons be reached too.

if your offer still stands, Indigo Weasel, please choose one of the following yes-or-no questions of your choice:

1.  Do you have access to more than one doc, excluding world docs?

2. Are you trying to have yourself turned into a Returned?

1 minute ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Is that the consensus everyone has decided upon?

Sure.

37 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

So you still believe Toucan was lying?

Anyway, I really don't get why people are so hung up on Toucan maybe lying about being Neutral tot he point that they consider it immediately lynchworthy, so could you explain what about Toucan's claim, if it had been a lie marks him as the enemy, because I really don't get it?

16 minutes ago, Taupe Gecko said:

I don't think this makes any sense.  We don't have any proof that Toucan was lying, and frankly it seems more likely that they weren't at this point - although I'll withhold judgement on that front - and I don't see why defending Toucan, even if they were lying, seems like a good reason to lynch someone.

So for some reason, I was thinking that the person we were talking about was Indigo.... So That's my bad.

However, for the time being, you are one of the 20+ players not part of my faction, so I will leave my vote on you for that reason, with a chance to redeem yourself, of course. What do you think about Indigo Weasel? And Who should I vote for, instead of you? Your answers will be judged based on my impressions, and then the vote may or may not be removed. This is all assuming I return to check later tonight, of which there is about a 75% chance. 

24 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

The whole self voting thing seems off to me. Maybe they are trying to distract us from the lynch so their faction can swing the vote with vote manipulation later or something? I honestly have no idea.

He's up to something, It might just be simple trolling though. I know that because he's doing weird things in my planet doc, which he is in with me. 

10 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

However, for the time being, you are one of the 20+ players not part of my faction, so I will leave my vote on you for that reason, with a chance to redeem yourself, of course. What do you think about Indigo Weasel? And Who should I vote for, instead of you? Your answers will be judged based on my impressions, and then the vote may or may not be removed. This is all assuming I return to check later tonight, of which there is about a 75% chance. 

Hmmm, I really liked Lion's theory about Weasel's behavior. The big light show he's putting up definitely suggest that he's either angling to get lynched, or somehow gets something from all this attention.

What I don't think is the case is that weasel has a win-con that'll immediately trigger on his being lynched, as that'be too easy for him to achieve, and too hard for everyone else to avoid, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's in a faction with Ambition or Endowment. 

Alternatively, he's not trying to get lynched at all, but is instead just racing around setting off fireworks to see how people react. He's certainly turned himself into a point of discussion.

Either way, I'd actually love to see what happens if he does get lynched, but I'm going to refrain from moving my vote to him until I'm singing off for the cycle in 1-2 hours at least, to see how things look then.

As for who you should vote for? I'd say Scarlet, but I suspect he's one of the <10 players that are part of your faction. Next would be flamingo, for more flimsy reasoning behind their vote than most, but if I'd had to guess I'd say they where part of your faction as well and the actual reason for their vote was 'Albatross is voting on a faction-mate of mine'.

Honestly, At this point I think the most interesting result to see would be Indigo weasel. He's attracting a lot of attention, and seeing how that works out might tell us a thing or two about what he was up to in the first place (for example, him immediately being returned or shadified would be indicative of both what shard is in his faction, and what their goal might be).

Magenta Albatross I think you're right about indigo.

And I actually wouldn't mind voting for Scarlet, because they aren't part of my faction. But I feel like your lynch on him wasn't extremely well founded. I'll look back at it. though, and decide whether or not to vote for him when I have time, which would hopefully be before the end of the cycle.

2 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Melon Dingo, you've been viewing the thread a lot, but have only posted RP.  Please share your opinions.

No

edit: clarification, I’ve left the thread open, but I haven’t been following it super in depth. Also, I have to work on my RP in the window to make sure it’s formatted properly so...

Edited by Melon Dingo

Just now, Indigo Weasel said:

Well then.

I guess I know who I'm voting for next Day turn.

Ouch. If you really care, I’ll say this. I feel like what you are doing has a very specific point, one that is related to win cons. I personally feel that your primary goal is either to get lynched, or you will survive and waste a lynch giving your faction more time to complete certain tasks.

Why hello again! I personally think that Indigo Weasel is pulling a double bluff by voting for himself and getting others to vote with him. And sorry Scarlet Octopus, but you got way too defensive when someone voted on you and immediately retaliated what was a very good analysis of what you've done. This makes me think that you are either a special role or really hate the idea of dying.

__________________________________________________________________________________

While Schane was walking around town, talking to Zentha about what they should do next, a young boy walked up to him a little skittishly and said. "Hi, my name is Kao- I mean Dave and want you to join us tonight to hear our new prophet speak! He is amazing and knows many things."

Schane looked at the kid and gave a look at Zentha who gestured to him to follow the boy. He needed information, maybe this boy's leader would provide it. There was only one way to find out. "Lead the way Dave, and what kind of name is Dave?"

Dave took Schane through the streets of the city, talking about all sorts of nonsense that he shouldn't know. He talked about worldhoppers, shards, and being reborn. Zentha tried to get Schane to ask about the Dave's "prophet", but Dave would only tell them how awesome he was. They finally reached their destination, a place that many people were starting to gather. They were gathering around an indistinct male that was obviously drunk, but was without a doubt a worldhopper. "Why didn't we think about taking over a world by using our powers?" Schane asked Zentha. "Because you are an "independent soul" or in other words, you can't handle responsibility." responded Zentha "Well, I guess your right, let's see if we can talk to this guy," Schane says as he starts to walk towards this new prophet.

Hmmm... The Emerald Falcon lynch is going nowhere, and neither is an Axolotl lynch. If I'm correct, the lynch is between Weasel, Albatross, and Weasel.

Indigo Weasel. I don't find them the most suspicious, but their death would get us more information than both of the other candidates combined.

Edited by Amber Vulture
Greening out Falcon, Fixing poor grammar + spelling mistakes

@People on Scadrial, this may be a moot point, but is Weasel there? One of my recent hypotheses is that he’s got 2 day actions, worldhopped and got the Feruchemist role and so he’s going to troll by just giving himself an extra life over and over. Kind of a stretch, but that’s the best I’ve got right now aside from a weird win con. 

5 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

I don't find them the most suspicious, but their death would get us more information than both of the other candidates combined.

Lynching Weasel and actually killing him would give us information, but more and more I'm concerned that he's doing all this because he'll survive, and therefore waste a lynch. In that case, all we'll learn is that attempting to lynch Weasel is futile. His recent claims in the Scadrial doc are that 1. He doesn't have a win condition that specifically requires him to be lynched, 2. That it doesn't matter whether or not he keeps his vote on himself, and 3. He might be doing this just to prove that he can survive. 

1 minute ago, Violet Axolotl said:

People on Scadrial, this may be a moot point, but is Weasel there? One of my recent hypotheses is that he’s got 2 day actions, worldhopped and got the Feruchemist role and so he’s going to troll by just giving himself an extra life over and over.

Weasel is on Scadrial, but since today is the earliest he could gain the Feruchemist role and using it is a night action, they only way he could currently have the Feruchemist extra life is if Endowment gave it to him day 1. The other known ways he could survive are Devotion's Shardic power and the Dakhor Monk Investment role, with the latter possibly being less likely since he apparently was unaware that Dominion could create Dakhor Monks, not Forgers.

9 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

@People on Scadrial, this may be a moot point, but is Weasel there? One of my recent hypotheses is that he’s got 2 day actions, worldhopped and got the Feruchemist role and so he’s going to troll by just giving himself an extra life over and over. Kind of a stretch, but that’s the best I’ve got right now aside from a weird win con. 

Weasel is on Scadrial, but that wouldn't work. Weasel would need to hop to Scadrial (1 action), pick up the Feruchemist Role (2 actions), and use it on themselves, since it's a Night turn action (3 actions). That's more than what even Shards get, so that can't be true.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Dragonfly

Edited by Amber Vulture

Hello Amber Vulture! I'm glad as an avian ally you decided against such a warm-blooded action. I'm afraid that I can offer no particular insight at the moment other than noting I am indeed present. Perhaps after catching up in more detail on the days events I will be willing to post some analysis.

Just so you guys know, if I didn't have a reason, I wouldn't be trying to lynch myself.

I want the information someone would provide by dieing, mostly a faction name, as much as you do.

And I didn't say just to prove I'd survive, I said I might be trying to prove I'm Survival, with an action that temporarily gives me an extra life/gives immunity to the lynch. Though I'm not claiming that role. Yet.

Or maybe I'm Hoid, and my wincon is to produce as much chaos as possible.  :D

50 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

3. He might be doing this just to prove that he can survive. 

The more I think about it, the more I find myself convinced that this here is probably the ca- oh look, ninja'd by Weasel

2 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

And I didn't say just to prove I'd survive, I said I might be trying to prove I'm Survival, with an action that temporarily gives me an extra life/gives immunity to the lynch. Though I'm not claiming that role. Yet.

Or maybe I'm Hoid, and my wincon is to produce as much chaos as possible.

The fact that you've said this makes it unlikely for it to be true now...In my eyes, at least. If you were Survival you could've just claimed on turn 1 as your wincon would probably have been something like stay alive and stuff. Neutral stuff. 

just a quick PSA. I will not be online at all tomorrow, and most of Sunday as tomorrow is my anniversary. I might get on for 30 seconds to see if any actions are available/take them. (I can't remember what actions are available when right now) but I will not be reading the thread, or commenting on anything.