My coping mechanism while waiting for Stormlight 4

Mailnaise

Dalakaar's Rendition of the Real World Concept Behind this Topic:

He walks jauntily down the street.

Passes by a place with a sign that reads, "Stormlight Anonymous".

Looks at the sign, laughs to himself a bit. Keeps on walking.

Walking to the book store...

To ask again when the release of the next Stormlight book is.

Or even when the next Cosmere book is...

Anything Sanderson related that isn't YA?

Okay... well uh YA?

No huh...

He walks back the same way in defeat.

Looks up at the sign as he walks by it again.

Turns around.

Peers through the window at someone setting up some chairs.

Walks in, closes the door quietly and says, "I think I have a problem."

:unsure:

5 hours ago, Mailnaise said:

Okay so let me explain...:D I was super bored yesterday, so I ended up doing this...

You know how Brandon puts up those little percent bars on his website? I'm keeping track of those with the graph paper, and the spots around it will fill with stuff~ the title, cover, the pdf Brandon gives out with viewpoint and interlude characters laid out, etc.~ 

I might post again, in a few months, as it will inevitably fill slowly, but surely. ^_^

(Also, I realized that the word Stormlight has 10 letters, so I colored the first 3 letter the color of the first three books, and will fill in number 4 once it's out. )

I'll try and keep this as updated as the website, plus the cover and title and other info that comes out about it, so you don't have to search in a bunch of other places. If you can't find the thread, I'll have it in the About me section of my account profile.

Happy waiting, you guys. :huh:

4 minutes ago, Mailnaise said:

I'll try and keep this as updated as the website, plus the cover and title and other info that comes out about it, so you don't have to search in a bunch of other places. If you can't find the thread, I'll have it in the About me section of my account profile.

Happy waiting, you guys. :huh:

Bro I'm literally going to follow you for them updates because I can;t compete with that amazing timeline

This is really cool!

I think I might have a slight problem too since two nights ago I saw a dream where the progress bar had gone up to 2% which made me so happy in the dreamxD When I woke up and remembered the dream I actually laughed out loud at how happy I had been in the dream for such a silly little thing...

3 hours ago, Mailnaise said:

Hmmm...I was going to wait until we knew the color of the hardback version of the book, but I may get impatient...:D I've been considering it anyways.

We'll see

Isn't it possible to deduce the color from the focus character due to the associated gems? Kaladin-Windrunner-Sapphire-blue, Shallan-Lightwaver-Garnet-red, Dalinar-Bondsmith-Heliodor-yellow, Venli-Willshaper-Amethyst-purple??...

Edited by equinox
Had to look up willshaper gem

1 hour ago, equinox said:

Isn't it possible to deduce the color from the focus character due to the associated gems? Kaladin-Windrunner-Sapphire-blue, Shallan-Lightwaver-Garnet-red, Dalinar-Bondsmith-Heliodor-yellow, Venli-Willshaper-Amethyst-purple??...

Yeah, but we don’t really know what shade of purple it’ll be, and I’m sure @Mailnaise wants it to be as exact as possible.

14 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yeah, but we don’t really know what shade of purple it’ll be, and I’m sure @Mailnaise wants it to be as exact as possible.

I was thinking it was purple actually, but I had no evidence at the time to back me up. If I get bored in a few days I'll probably color it in. :D

I might seem really dumb but.... where do the colours come from? If it is from the books, my books are blue for WoK, red for WoR and red for OB

I'm doing it off the American covers, so if you have something else, that's why. 

Those are the American covers, which you've probably seen, but the hardback cover itself on these are Blue for WoK, Red for WoR, and Yellow for OB. If you look up in the thread people have connected those colors to orders/viewpoint characters/gemstone/colors 

On 1/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, equinox said:

EDIT: My picture of the covers disappeared, but you can look it up @Eris

Edited by Mailnaise
Forgot something

3 hours ago, Eris said:

Let’s just say I prefer the Australian covers. They’re quite nice and neat and match with sandersons other books. 

Well they might match with your copies of those books. The American ones here fit the other American covers for his other books fairly well. But I see what you mean. ^_^

4 hours ago, Mailnaise said:

Well they might match with your copies of those books. The American ones here fit the other American covers for his other books fairly well. But I see what you mean. ^_^

They still match?! Awesome! I thought they didn’t match