Who Do You Most Want Dead?

Dalakaar

Let's go a little darker for this topic, maybe even macabre.

So, who do you most want dead in the Stormlight Archive? Not who you think is most likely to die, but who you want to die the most!

Odium? Shallan's burgeoning multiple personalities?(You don't have to pick just one...) Moash? Stick? A necromantically raised Amaram just so you can do it again?

For myself, tough choice.

Nale pre-Edgedancer would've been up there but that turn while not terribly original was, for my part, unexpected. Now I'm much more curious about the character and where he'll wind up.

Oh, here's a good one. Aesudan. As soon as I learned about Elhokar and that he had a wife I knew she would be bloody intolerable.

Also on that note a death I was happy to read was that interludes Ardent chicky that got into Aesudan's court, Pai. I actually felt bad for Lhan, trying to be so patient with her explaining exactly how things worked in court. I personally hate people who are trying to change the world for what they consider "better" by ruining everything around them. Compromise is a funny and wonderful thing when dealing with pragmatic realities. (Probably not a oft-shared view of that interlude I'm guessing lol.)

*hands the axe over*

Your turn. :D

Obviously Moash, but in a particularly painful way for Kal: I'd like him to be redeemed, until Kal realizes the corrupted Spren can meat-puppet him along anytime they like, and his mercy has let a spy into our camp, or some such thing. Kal, after several hundred pages culminating in a sincere reunion in which many hurts may at last be healed, will be forced to kill his old friend. The deed should be done at a moment when Moash is fully lucid, so Moash will see it as the penultimate betrayal he always feared, and let Kal know.

Anyway, we all know Moash is either going to die or set himself on one hell of a redemption arc, and I'd at least like it to be interesting. 

Adolin should also die. Unlike, I've found, a great many people here, I'm not at all annoyed by Shallan's developing MPS; it positively fascinates me, and I hope we delve deeper into what's rapidly becoming my favorite character. In any case, that will have to resolve itself eventually, and I suspect it could well start when the poor young lady's madness prevents her from saving her beloved. Perhaps we might postpone that to book five, or perhaps it could occur at the end of the fourth, allowing the usual period of despondency and then renewed strength at the beginning of the fifth. 

I'd also like Lift gone. I confess I haven't read Edgedancer, but thus far she's a dreadfully annoying character, and between volumes I've honestly forgotten a great deal about her storyline. We're supposed to get her flashbacks this time along, so I pray to the Forgotten Gods that Brandon will find some way to make her less grating before he -- hopefully -- impales her. Don't get me wrong, it's not a badly-constructed character or anything, but I tend to sigh when I come upon one of her chapters. I think she'd be a perfect candidate for shock factor; have her suddenly run out of stormlight in the middle of a battle and let a random peasant get a good swipe. 

Moash (aren't I original!). I've hated him since the end of WoR, and he did nothing to redeem himself in my eyes in OB (not to mention he's killed my favourite character).

Also, Taravangian. I don't like him; I don't like his meddling; I don't like his bleak outlook on life and kingly duties. Though, actually... if we could kill high-intellect Taravangian and leave the low-intellect (or middle-low, let's be merciful) one behind, I'd be quite fine. He seems like an OK guy when not sacrificing the entire planet for a highly-suspicious plan.

30 minutes ago, Severian4Scadrial said:

I confess I haven't read Edgedancer

I didn't like her either until reading it. She's bounds and leaps above her performance in main books there (and it's a good story, do read it!).

3 hours ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

Slightly more serious, Zombie Sadeas, just so he can die again.

Good answer. 

2 hours ago, SLNC said:

Adolin tbh.

lol :D 

2 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Now, I might kill Jasnah, or at least nerf her in some way. The fact that she seems to be the solution to every problem is annoying.

I do sense a nerf bat swinging for her in the future, albeit they might arrive in her flashbacks. Dunno if I want her to just yet though. I don't think she's half as flawless as her facade portrays. I do think she's great at projecting it though.

2 hours ago, Winds Alight said:

(And Taravangian)

2 hours ago, Draginon said:

Mr. T

1 hour ago, Rasarr said:

Also, Taravangian.

I find all the Taravangian votes interesting, he's one of the characters I least want to die. I like the surprise answer as I hadn't even considered him.

3 hours ago, SLNC said:

Adolin tbh.

First of all, absolutely not, at least for my sake, okay? 

My death list isn't very original. The top two already bit the dust, (Amaram, Sadeas) but Moash and Taravangian for sure...

For me, I didn't just hate Moash after everything in WoR, I just never really liked him all that much, so when he did go bad, it just made it worse. Taravangian keeps hurting and getting in the way of my favorite characters, so for that he must die, even if he's kind of fascinating to read about. 

I actually like most villains we have right now to be honest. I think Taravangian is an amazing character and I do love to hate Moash. If I had to pick anybody right now it would probably be Ialai Sadeas. She's not all that relevant anymore, but she can still be a thorn to Dalinar and Co, which would be frustrating and not really all that interesting. 

I bloody despise Moash, his need for vengeance without knowing all the details drive me up the flipping wall. Every time you think “oh maybe he will redeem himself” he grabs that knife and shoved so far in your stomach it ruptured your spleen. At this point I don’t think even if he got redeemed, I couldn’t stand him. 

But I also agree with whoever said Ilia for all the same reasons. 

18 hours ago, Severian4Scadrial said:

I'd also like Lift gone. I confess I haven't read Edgedancer, but thus far she's a dreadfully annoying character, and between volumes I've honestly forgotten a great deal about her storyline. We're supposed to get her flashbacks this time along, so I pray to the Forgotten Gods that Brandon will find some way to make her less grating before he -- hopefully -- impales her.

Lift will also be more than double her age by the time her book comes around (nearly 30) I suspect her and Renarin's flashbacks will have a lot to do with filling in the blanks between the first five and second five books