Favourite Knights Radiant Order

Eris

4 hours ago, Ixthos said:

I personally think I fit in with either Truthwatchers and or the Bondsmiths. I think all the orders have cool powers or abilities which I like, and I always did like teleportation, so Willshapers and Elsecallers are orders I would possibly like. I like Stonewards colours and abilities, Edgedancers speed, Windrunners ability to control gravity, and so on. The only groups I didn't like were Skybreakers and Dustbringers, but I since have seen how useful their abilities could be. In temperment and role, and even powers, however, I think I would fit in more with Truthwatchers and Bondsmiths - I also like the idea very much of Healing, and if I were offered all the possible powers at no charge, healing is the one I would choose, because it is better not to be selfish. And, for several reasons, I like light, lasers, radio and infrared, and holograms. I also like encouraging people and giving advice, and trying to tie them together.

So cool dude! and very thought out. I don't think many people are Skybreakers or Dustbringers. 

Elsecaller all day everyday. I have a similar line of thinking with the order, so I think I would be able to bond an inkspren, coupled with transportation (I am of the camp that says it also provides teleportation between locations in the physical realm considering Oathgates) and transformation (Jasnah showing how utterly bad chull that surge can be in the right hands) is epicness to me. Of course don't forget the default amazing stormlight healing, and power armor. yes please

Edited by Pathfinder

• 4 months later...

I always felt connected to the Windrunners.  

Aside from just loving the color blue and having blue eyes (so it feels fitting), the attributes of protecting and elading really fit my personality.  I'm pretty quick to intervene in issues that I see and tend to take charge when no one else will.

Barring the windrunners, I really like the edgedancers because of the healing and loving aspects

On 1/6/2019 at 2:56 PM, Watchcry said:

@Joy

Have you considered this quiz yet? 

I'm a windrunner, based on this quiz (not sure how that came about...). I would love to be an Edgedancer, in the way that Lift is. I would love to eat whatever I want and convert that into awesomeness. 

2 hours ago, NyxRo said:

I'm a windrunner, based on this quiz (not sure how that came about...). I would love to be an Edgedancer, in the way that Lift is. I would love to eat whatever I want and convert that into awesomeness. 

But that's not the normal edgedancer

Also, Lift is far from the average personality of an edgedancer...

On 6/9/2019 at 0:03 AM, Ax's Boyfriend said:

But that's not the normal edgedancer

Also, Lift is far from the average personality of an edgedancer...

It would be nice to be another exception like Lift as my world revolves around food. Though I love Lift and find her hilarious, her personality can be a bit much at times so that's not something I want to mimic specifically. It would be nice to be able to eat a lot but also be able to "ride the thinnest rope at speed, dance across rooftops, move through a battlefield like a ribbon on the wind." 

If Renarin's surges are typical of Truthwatchers, I would chose that order. Otherwise I would want to be a Bondsmith. Those two orders seem to have powers that are more "spiritual" in nature, which is something that I find interesting.

Barring either of those I would choose Elsecaller. They seem to be the most dangerous combatants we have seen so far.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

• 1 year later...

I would say light weavers becouse of how powerfull the surges can be if used with creativity and they are also very usfull in daily life i would say transformation is realy op since you it can kill with eas and also heal and creat food and water and the ability to control light and sound is realy intresting as well.

In a fight a lightweaver can cous ilusions to distract theyer foe and get clos enough to soulcast theyer bodys.

And theyer oaths and consept fits with my personality as well.

Since this thread was created some things changed

First I now I'm REALLY interested in Dustbringers and Truthwatchers

Second I'm suspecting Elsecallers worlds are entirely personal, just like Lightweavers. Lightweavers moto is to find their own truth, while Elsecallers chase to be the best version of themselves. If this get confirmed I would say both would still my favorite orders

Seems unfortunate that 4 of my 5 favorite orders are saved for the second half of Stormlight (Elsecallers, Truthwatchers, Edgdancers and Dustrbingers)

It's amazing how much changed with the new info. Before I said Willshapers, because novelty and exploration sounded great, but now we know their focus is more freedom, with constructions and stuff as their main job. While I love that, it doesn't seem as appealing anymore.

So Lightweavers now. It's where the quiz put me so I might unconsciously be giving it too much power but I do think it fits. Love of art, a feeling that entertainment is a need rather than a luxury, and time has proved that my morals are statistically weird, with some extremes but judging things case by case. I quite like this order now.

Also now, not sure if it's a favorite yet, but the new info on Bondsmiths has me really intrigued, with apparently the order being bigger than three people and whatnot. I'm really looking forward to see how that develops.

Edited by Eluvianii

Light weavers might be my favorite.

The idea of self examination  is somthing i tend to feel is woefully underrated. It takes a lot of work to identidy what is true about yourself and what is a self delusion.

And  if stonewards are as amazing as taln seems to be, then  i cant help but admire the order  as a whole greatly.

However, I think if i were to be raidiant. The wiki tells us truthwatchers were interested  in deeper secrets and were greatly concerned  with the abuse of information  and power.

Also the concept of truth, fact, and perception  have always interested me.

I suspect there is an element of choice too in  becoming  radiant.

For example,  i imagine  kaladin would make a decent edge dancer, if his priorities  were *slightly* different.

Or sigzil, might make a good truth watcher.

Id bet the temperment of people within the orders  can vary greatly. As long as the   priorities  and values they  choose match.

• 3 months later...

I feel the strongest affinity for Windrunners and Stonewards (though the quiz said I'm a strong match for Truthwatcher and Skybreaker as well).

That said, I'm most intrigued by Willshapers and Dustbringers.  Part of that is the lack of onscreen time, and part of that is their Heralds.  It's hilarious how dustbringers are all wawa releaser, and Kelak was all, the Dustbringers have done their job well.  I like to pretend that Willshapers could use Transportation to constantly translocate in battle, even though, im sure it doesn't work that way.