Favourite Knights Radiant Order

Eris

4 minutes ago, Watchcry said:

My favorite order so far is Truthwatchers, but I fit into either Skybreakers or Elsecallers. I could probably pull off saying the oaths to both orders and still manage them. And to the Edgedancers. Since we don't know the Elsecallers oaths yet I'll just say I can probably honor my oaths to the Skybreakers and Edgedancers without any confliction. 

I relate to this, this is why I am conflicted because I feel like I would be a truthwatcher and I really like that order but I also fit with the edgedancers. 

I have a new view on Skybreakers so understand why some people may like that order but anyway 

Thank you for sharing!

On 1/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, Sorana said:

So Transportation:
I love the thought that you can enter the ognitive realm and travel there. Worldhopping is a nice addition, but just think about the perks that realm has. E.g. in Shadesmar you can also detect investiture as it glows (unless you actively try to hide it of course). Then you can visit the spren and world hopping in a nice additon too.

There's probably more to Transportation than just going to Shadesmar. The AA implies as much when it refers to Transportation as "the Surge of Motion and Realmatic Transition", i.e. not just Realmatic Transition. Motion potentially encompasses... a lot. In fact, we might have seen it on screen: In the battle of Thaylenah, Jasnah was throwing soldiers around bodily in a way not really explained by Soulcasting.

My pet theory is that an advanced enough Elsecaller/Willshaper might be able to teleport around the Physical Realm without using Shadesmar as an intermediary. This is admittedly a totally blind guess on my part, based on nothing more than how storming cool it would be.

To answer the original question, I would want to be an Elsecaller... but I'm probably a bit more of a Willshaper by nature. Other than those, the order I'm dying to know more about is the Truthwatchers, just cause they are too dang mysterious!

Edited by Jess

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

There's probably more to Transportation than just going to Shadesmar. The AA implies as much when it refers to Transportation as "the Surge of Motion and Realmatic Transition", i.e. not just Realmatic Transition. Motion potentially encompasses... a lot. In fact, we might have seen it on screen: In the battle of Thaylenah, Jasnah was throwing soldiers around bodily in a way not really explained by Soulcasting.

I just realised something, Jasnah was running unnaturally fast during the battle that even Renarin couldn't keep up. Running is a type of motion plus Shallan kept always missing her in the WoKs so maybe she could have improved the speed of the ship she was on without the crews knowing?

Which order is my favorite? None, they're all cool. Which order would I want to be? I'd be fine with either Gravitation or Abrasion powers, so Windrunner, Skybreaker, Dustbringer, and Edgedancer all work. Which order would I end up in based on my personality? I have no clue.

I could be a Lightweaver: I'm very introspective, fairly creative, and mildly repressive. (And if I were a spren, I think I'd be a Cryptic: I have a very logical, mathematical brain, but I'm nevertheless attracted to fiction.) I'm not much of a scholar, but I could be an Elsecaller, since I have a tendency to think rationally (or try to, anyway) before I act -- though on the other hand, this is a piece of my personality that I sometimes actively resist, so maybe not. I could be an Edgedancer: "I will remember those who have been forgotten" and "I will listen to those who have been ignored" are very compelling maxims.

I could be Skybreaker. However...

On 1/4/2019 at 11:36 AM, HSuperLee said:

I personally am not always convinced the law is correct, it is made by humans after all. But, I do believe in people have personal moral codes that they shouldn't deviate from as well as a universal idea of good. The reason I love the Skybreakers is because they avert the very common trope in fiction of "just listen to your heart." I know I'm not alone in having a heart that is selfish, deceitful, and often petty. To be a Skybreaker is to know your moral flaws and trappings, and vow to improve both yourself and the world around you in spite of them.

This is a cool take on Skybreakers. But funny enough, my biggest moral flaw is following the law. Throughout my childhood, I was unquestioningly obedient to authority (my parents/teachers/etc.), and as a result I developed a snobbish sense of superiority over my peers. That aspect of my personality isn't something I'm proud of, and I'm glad I've changed. While I could, hypothetically, become a Skybreaker, I don't think I'd want to.

The order I like the most when it comes to surges and who they are is the Willshapers. I’m so excited for the next book since it’s the Willshaper book, Eshonai’s book, and Venli will be important in the present day storyline.

As for which one I would attract a spren for, definitely Lightweaver.

I think, were I to be a member of the Knights Radiant, I would be a Windrunner. Kaladin is storming awesome, and the character I relate to most in SA. Also, I believe in always doing what is right, and I often put others before myself (which isn’t always a good thing). Plus, it would be pretty cool to have an honorspen. They’re definitely my favorite type of spren so far. And their surges are pretty awesome.

An order I’d like to know more about is the Willshapers. Venli is a really interesting character, and I want to know more about her order, and what kinds of things she can do. 

I'm seeing a lot of interest in Venli and willshapers! I think it will be really cool to see the moment Venli earns her shardblade. Also hopefully we get more information about the orders to we have more of a mix but I'm so happy everyone isn't just sticking to what we know!

4 minutes ago, Watchcry said:

@Joy

Have you considered this quiz yet? 

Originally this post was about people's favourite order but morphed into what order they are most like. I did this quiz and told me I was an Edgedancer. So one of my favourites I'm also like. But I still really like the truthwatchers

1) Lightweavers - I love the concept of don't have specific meaningful words, but instead tell truths in order to develop. Their spren are some of the most interesting ones for me. Also Lightweavers may have an odd behavior, I feel like some them has a bit reprehensible personality (for a Radiant standards since almost of them are bastion of honor and morality). I also love their Herald and their surges, Soulcasting is one the finets magic system created by Sanderson IMO. All things put together, they clearly are my number one.

2) Elsecallers - They have cool surgers and I'm specially curious about transportation. I guess they have some higher control over cognitive helm, as if they are the closer to spren than any other order, and it's great because I love spren. They seem a order focus on scholarship, leadership and diplomacy and I like it. Elsecallers deserves 2nd spot because they are the order I relate more, if I could ever be a Radiant I would probably be an elsecaller. 

3) Edgedancers - I just love Lift and Wyndle. Cultivationspren are by far my 2nd favorite kind of High Spren (behind the Cryptics). But they deserve the 3rd place because they have the most beautiful immortal words in my opinion, remember and listen the ones nobody cares for, it some kind of ideal that I want for my life, so I feel they are preserving a truly meaningful oath. According to Wyndle Edgedancers used to be refined, elegant and , and despite that they were also the most humble and generous radiants, always willing to look for the small ones. it's pretty nice. 

But I also have curiosity in Truthwacthers, since Renarin is maybe a Truthwatcher, it can be a sign there is a lot to discover about them

1 hour ago, Watchcry said:

@Joy

Have you considered this quiz yet? 

I like quizzes, but I feel we don't have enough background to create a radiant-personality-based test yet. There is little to no information about some orders

But as I expected, the test classified me as an elsecaller (I'm INTJ btw)

1 hour ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

1) Lightweavers - I love the concept of don't have specific meaningful words, but instead tell truths in order to develop. Their spren are some of the most interesting ones for me. Also Lightweavers may have an odd behavior, I feel like some them has a bit reprehensible personality (for a Radiant standards since almost of them are bastion of honor and morality). I also love their Herald and their surges, Soulcasting is one the finets magic system created by Sanderson IMO. All things put together, they clearly are my number one.

2) Elsecallers - They have cool surgers and I'm specially curious about transportation. I guess they have some higher control over cognitive helm, as if they are the closer to spren than any other order, and it's great because I love spren. They seem a order focus on scholarship, leadership and diplomacy and I like it. Elsecallers deserves 2nd spot because they are the order I relate more, if I could ever be a Radiant I would probably be an elsecaller. 

3) Edgedancers - I just love Lift and Wyndle. Cultivationspren are by far my 2nd favorite kind of High Spren (behind the Cryptics). But they deserve the 3rd place because they have the most beautiful immortal words in my opinion, remember and listen the ones nobody cares for, it some kind of ideal that I want for my life, so I feel they are preserving a truly meaningful oath. According to Wyndle Edgedancers used to be refined, elegant and , and despite that they were also the most humble and generous radiants, always willing to look for the small ones. it's pretty nice. 

But I also have curiosity in Truthwacthers, since Renarin is maybe a Truthwatcher, it can be a sign there is a lot to discover about them

I see you everywhere now, welcome bro! There is definitely more to discover in stonewards, truthwatchers and willshapers which we will get more of but your list is pretty neat. 

2 hours ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

I like quizzes, but I feel we don't have enough background to create a radiant-personality-based test yet. There is little to no information about some orders

But as I expected, the test classified me as an elsecaller (I'm INTJ btw)

Me too!

If it's my choice - windrunner - because flying hello, no more reasons needed.

If it's depending on personality traits or what would just fit I guess it would be more like a lightweaver - too good at lying because I almost always tell the truth and if I have to lie for some reason I just do it way too convincingly. Also I'm stubborn as hell and care too much for people so probably some tiny windrunner there too (or edgedancer - I will listen and I will remember those who have been forgotten... seems like it fits somehow)

I dont really have an easy answer for this:

-Windrunners because Flying, and because I like their take on honor and the spirit of being good vs the Skybreakers far more rigid "Letter-of" Lawful Adherence, though I might be able to make it work since they get more discretion in choosing their 3rd and 5th Ideals, so given the right circumstances that might actually be better.

-Lightweavers because I think Id enjoy being able to make solid holograms, which is unique to them. But most importantly I would far prefer the Personal Truths path over any pre-determined Ideals (which is why I think Hoid ended up being one).

-Truthwatchers because illusions are still fun and Healing Others would be my #2 preferred power next to Gravitation.

-Bondsmiths because I admire the concept of Unity and because I strongly suspect they have the highest Upper Limits of Power.

4 hours ago, Eris said:

I have noticed that the most popular choices are the ones we know a lot about which makes sense but it shows how little we know of the others;-;

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if Brandon doesn't explain the main surges for each order and how they're applied. Now that Szeth is on team Dalinar, he should explain each surge to them given that he's trained all the surges already. If he doesn't and the gang stays in the dark for another entire book I'll be dumbfounded. 

Edited by Watchcry
Grammar

Just now, Watchcry said:

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if Brandon doesn't explain the main surges for each order and how they're applied. Now that Szeth is on team Dalinar, he should explain to them all of that given that he's trained all the surges already. If he doesn't and the gang stays in the dark for another entire book I'll be dumbfounded. 

If Szeth does not say anything then he is pretty much killing Dalinar with ignorance because the Fused and Voidbringers can use all the surges so it is important in a strategic sense to be told how each of them work

I personally think I fit in with either Truthwatchers and or the Bondsmiths. I think all the orders have cool powers or abilities which I like, and I always did like teleportation, so Willshapers and Elsecallers are orders I would possibly like. I like Stonewards colours and abilities, Edgedancers speed, Windrunners ability to control gravity, and so on. The only groups I didn't like were Skybreakers and Dustbringers, but I since have seen how useful their abilities could be. In temperment and role, and even powers, however, I think I would fit in more with Truthwatchers and Bondsmiths - I also like the idea very much of Healing, and if I were offered all the possible powers at no charge, healing is the one I would choose, because it is better not to be selfish. And, for several reasons, I like light, lasers, radio and infrared, and holograms. I also like encouraging people and giving advice, and trying to tie them together.