Let's just say Reddit is an unhealthy place for me, so here I am!

It's funny, during my teen years I was on all sorts of forums.  Then in college, I was introduced to Reddit and had been active on it for years (not this username though, naturally).  Turns out the anonymity wasn't exactly the best thing for me, and some of the subreddits were not the healthiest for me psychologically, and I sorta kinda became a bit of an internet butthole, if you catch my drift.  The thing is, I'm not a jerk in real life (99% of the time), so it was causing some problems.  Online personality one place, real life personality another. 

So in an attempt to more distance myself from the bad places tucked away inside Reddit (except for the Brando Sando subs, /r/hockey, and my city subreddit), I've moved myself back to the forum life!  

Here I hope to be a little more open and a little less anonymous.  Plus it's a website dedicated COMPLETELY to Sanderson, so what's not to love?  

I'm a 28 year old male in Nashville, Tennessee, married with a little baby-to-be cooking in the oven, and for some strange reason I still have the humor and playfulness of a 13 year old.  

And yes, I think my username is hilarious.  Nothing like Skyward humor and immature boy humor coming together in sweet harmony (a new shard, perhaps?)

Congratulations on noticing the problem and taking steps to correct it. May this road lead you to inner peace.

I mostly lurk, here, but I haven't witnessed nasty behavior such as can easily be found on Reddit without looking for it.

I guess the worst you'll get here are quasi-flamewars about SKA, but even that is pretty mild by Reddit standards.

I do not know if 17thSharders are naturally polite or if they fear the banhammer, but either way, they are pretty well behaved.

21 hours ago, Just a Lifetime said:

Hello and welcome to the Shard.  We're happy to have you.  Although I've never gone down the Reddit rabbithole myself, I'm still familiar with the GIFT.

What Sanderson books have you read and what was your favorite among them?

Thank you for the welcome!  I wasn't familiar with the term GIFT before, but it sure explains a lot now that you bring it up.  It really was the anonymity that was the issue, which is why I'm trying to be more open and honest here.  

So far I have read all of the Stormlight books, Mistborn era 1, Skyward, and then Defending Elysium short story.  

My bucket list for this year is to actually read all of Wheel of Time, then re-read Stormlight with Warbreaker and Edgedancer thrown into the mix, then dive into Mistborn era 2!

The Wheel of Time is on my list because a friend wants to drag me to Jordan-con in Atlanta this year, and so far none of us except for him have read the series.  He introduced my friends and I to Sanderson, so I suppose I'll let him introduce me to Robert Jordan as well :)