In 300+ Years...

Zephrun’s Imperium

Marsh has been around for a while now and besides some stuff with the Southerners, we don't really know what he's been up to. So that got me thinking. You gotta get pretty bored with that much time on your hands. I've started a list of stuff he could do. Help me add on and feel free to be ridiculous. 

Create a recipe for perfect cookies

Plant a garden

Write the Scadrian Encyclopedia

Compose a symphony

Write an autobiography

Read all of Brandon's books as they come out

Become a pastry chef

Train a falcon

Master chess

Become a top fashion designer

Paint the Sistine Chapel

Find a cure for cancer

Become a master nail salon artist

Master the art of stage magic

Create a time machine

Beat all the records in the Scadrian Book of World Records

Overthrow a government-wait. That's Kell, sorry.

Create another relig-KELSIER!

Learn how to get off world and not tell his brother

Develop instant noodles in order to appease Hoid

Save the whales

Find happiness... For other people

Build a sandcastle

Collect them all!

Glue Adonalsium back together

UNITE THEM!

Write a new alphabet

Create a base-37 number system

Genetically modify shellfish so they become large horse-like... WHADDYA MEAN THAT ALREADY EXISTS?

Defeat Voldemort

Animate cartoons

Remember to smile

Rearrange all the food in his fridge alphabetically by smell

Become a world-renowned heart surgeon

Read the dictionary in one sitting

Just do it

Work on his tan

1 hour ago, Shard of Thought said:

Marsh has been around for a while now and besides some stuff with the Southerners, we don't really know what he's been up to. So that got me thinking. You gotta get pretty bored with that much time on your hands. I've started a list of stuff he could do. Help me add on and feel free to be ridiculous. 

Create a recipe for perfect cookies

Plant a garden

Write the Scadrian Encyclopedia

Compose a symphony

Write an autobiography

Read all of Brandon's books as they come out

Become a pastry chef

Train a falcon

Master chess

Become a top fashion designer

Paint the Sistine Chapel

Find a cure for cancer

Become a master nail salon artist

Master the art of stage magic

Create a time machine

Beat all the records in the Scadrian Book of World Records

Overthrow a government-wait. That's Kell, sorry.

Create another relig-KELSIER!

Learn how to get off world and not tell his brother

Develop instant noodles in order to appease Hoid

Save the whales

Find happiness... For other people

Build a sandcastle

Collect them all!

Glue Adonalsium back together

UNITE THEM!

Write a new alphabet

Create a base-37 number system

Genetically modify shellfish so they become large horse-like... WHADDYA MEAN THAT ALREADY EXISTS?

Defeat Voldemort

Animate cartoons

Remember to smile

Rearrange all the food in his fridge alphabetically by smell

Become a world-renowned heart surgeon

Read the dictionary in one sitting

Just do it

Work on his tan

Gold!!!

Create a program to calculate proper coinshot trajectories.

Conquer Roshar.

Learn all languages.

Invent a language.

Meet Borio Singaldi

Join the Knights of the Cosmere

Hunt down rogue kandra

Prank Kelsier with a death-gag to finally get back at him after all these years

Try out those instant noodles

Play Adventure mode on Smash Bros Ultimate

Kill a chicken

Take care of cats

Watch Cats

Eat Kit-Kats

Destroy evil

Kick Trell's ***

Build a Kredik Shaw sandcastle

This is amazing.

Keep up with every roleplay on the Shard at once.

Confuse Shardcasters.

Confuse Sazed. "What are you DOING? What is this...and this...do you know more about the cosmere than I do?!?"

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

Holy Kelsier, what would he think of all this...?

What if...what if YOU'RE MARSH AND YOU'RE LOOKING FOR IDEAS?!?! I'd say wait until Gen 8 comes out to collect all the Pokémon. 

But joking aside, I think Marsh might be able to find a community that accepts him more willingly in Silverlight/with the in-universe Seventeenth Shard than just on Scadrial. 

Just now, Use the Falchion said:

What if...what if YOU'RE MARSH AND YOU'RE LOOKING FOR IDEAS?!?! I'd say wait until Gen 8 comes out to collect all the Pokémon. 

But joking aside, I think Marsh might be able to find a community that accepts him more willingly in Silverlight/with the in-universe Seventeenth Shard than just on Scadrial. 

You never know... MWAHAHAHA!

Yeah... Marsh deserves more. #SpikedLivesMatter

9 hours ago, DapperDoc said:

Eat something

(We've never seen Marsh eat. He must compound bendalloy. Like, eat one cracker, and be full for the rest of the day)

OH MY SHARDS! I've wondered about this. Seriously. How did Ruin feed them? Did they just live off of grass like the koloss? Also,

Marsh: Um, excuse me. How are we going to bathe?

Ruin: Don't know, don't care. Use the rain. BACK TO WORK!

On 1/6/2019 at 0:45 AM, Dr. Dapper said:

Eat something

(We've never seen Marsh eat. He must compound bendalloy. Like, eat one cracker, and be full for the rest of the day)

He might be eating off-screen... And as far as what Ruin fed them... There were a lot of dead people and koloss...

Besides, how many feruchemical spikes could he have? Ruin harvested all the Keepers he could catch, which appears to be the entire population of living feruchemists on Scadrial not named Sazed or Tyndwyl, to steal one (1) feruchemical power from each. That's what you call a limited resource. And most Inquisitors of the Lord Ruler's making would not have had many, or even any, of them.

Per the Coppermind's count, he had a total of 16 Inquisitors at his command, and we saw non-Marsh Inquisitors exhibiting F-steel and F-pewter - though oddly, they don't appear to have discovered or used Compounding, or the Inquisitor that Vin and Elend face together at the beginning of Hero of Ages that tried to spike Elend by moving in a burst of speed too quickly for him to follow would have been able to sustain it indefinitely (and totally destroyed, or spiked, both of them).

Anyway, eschewing more Marsh Inventory Analysis, he certainly knows about compounding from Sazed's exposition in the Lord Ruler's throne room, and has used atium compounding to live 300 years...

Which means not only is he compounding atium, he's compounding bronze to stay awake to tap that atiummind on a 24/7 basis, just like Rashek.

So not only has he had 300 years to do stuff, about 200 of those 300 years are days without any downtime. And there are no more to come. And he's extremely visibly identifiable, so he can't just hang out in an Era 2 theater or cafe.

To me, that's definitely got Long, Dark, Tea-Time of the Soul potential. If he's spiked for F-zinc, he might even fill zincminds to slow his mind down as the closest thing he can get to sleep these days.

Though per a WoB, Era 2 Marsh is "Marsh's version of happy". He's not miserable. So whatever he's found to occupy his indefinite and sleepless prolonging, it's low key, and he's enjoying that. (That WoB even gives some flavor: "There's a part of Marsh that really likes skulking around and being an incarnation of Death in peoples' minds... There's a part of him, the part that's related to his brother, that really digs that, even if he would never admit it")

Edited by robardin

3 hours ago, robardin said:

He might be eating off-screen... And as far as what Ruin fed them... There were a lot of dead people and koloss...

Besides, how many feruchemical spikes could he have? Ruin harvested all the Keepers he could catch, which appears to be the entire population of living feruchemists on Scadrial not named Sazed or Tyndwyl, to steal one (1) feruchemical power from each. That's what you call a limited resource. And most Inquisitors of the Lord Ruler's making would not have had many, or even any, of them.

Per the Coppermind's count, he had a total of 16 Inquisitors at his command, and we saw non-Marsh Inquisitors exhibiting F-steel and F-pewter - though oddly, they don't appear to have discovered or used Compounding, or the Inquisitor that Vin and Elend face together at the beginning of Hero of Ages that tried to spike Elend by moving in a burst of speed too quickly for him to follow would have been able to sustain it indefinitely (and totally destroyed, or spiked, both of them).

Anyway, eschewing more Marsh Inventory Analysis, he certainly knows about compounding from Sazed's exposition in the Lord Ruler's throne room, and has used atium compounding to live 300 years...

Which means not only is he compounding atium, he's compounding bronze to stay awake to tap that atiummind on a 24/7 basis, just like Rashek.

So not only has he had 300 years to do stuff, about 200 of those 300 years are days without any downtime. And there are no more to come. And he's extremely visibly identifiable, so he can't just hang out in an Era 2 theater or cafe.

To me, that's definitely got Long, Dark, Tea-Time of the Soul potential. If he's spiked for F-zinc, he might even fill zincminds to slow his mind down as the closest thing he can get to sleep these days.

Though per a WoB, Era 2 Marsh is "Marsh's version of happy". He's not miserable. So whatever he's found to occupy his indefinite and sleepless prolonging, he's enjoying it.

He wouldn’t need to compound Atium, he’s an Inquisitor. They have unnaturally long lives (presumably as a result of the bind points that were used to make them). Marsh mentions it to Kelsier at one of their  meetings after Marsh infiltrates the Steel Ministry.

This doesn’t mean that he isn’t still compounding those other metal, or even Atium, it just means that he wouldn’t have needed to in order to live so long.

As for moving around in public, I’m sure that he could fit in with the Kandra and the Koloss with out issues. The Koloss might even regard him with some kind of religious significance. There are also the people that still follow the Steel Ministry’s religion and see him as their version of Kelsier. He would still make an interesting world hopper though so here’s hoping we get to see Space Marsh.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

1 hour ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

He wouldn’t need to compound Atium, he’s an Inquisitor. They have unnaturally long lives (presumably as a result of the bind points that were used to make them). Marsh mentions it to Kelsier at one of their  meetings after Marsh infiltrates the Steel Ministry.

This doesn’t mean that he isn’t still compounding those other metal, or even Atium, it just means that he wouldn’t have needed to in order to live so long.

As for moving around in public, I’m sure that he could fit in with the Kandra and the Koloss with out issues. The Koloss might even regard him with some kind of religious significance. There are also the people that still follow the Steel Ministry’s religion and see him as their version of Kelsier. He would still make an interesting world hopper though so here’s hoping we get to see Space Marsh.

Interesting point about Inquisitors living longer than normal lives, he may or may not have been doing the Rashek Maneuver for as long as I'd thought.

But he's definitely doing it by Wax/Wayne's time:

Questioner 1

How did Marsh survive for so three hundred years and *inaudible*?

Brandon Sanderson

Compounding atium. He got a little pouch that one of the kandra gets sent out with if you watch, and then Marsh shows up and he has the pouch.

Questioner 2

<When is that>?

Brandon Sanderson

Go look for the little pouch of atium.

source

2 hours ago, robardin said:

Interesting point about Inquisitors living longer than normal lives, he may or may not have been doing the Rashek Maneuver for as long as I'd thought.

But he's definitely doing it by Wax/Wayne's time:

I guess that’s fairly good evidence that he hasn’t been off world as well. If you’re gonna world hop it only makes sense to hit up Nalthis long enough to reach the 5th heightening which would make Atium compounding pointless.

I forgot to add something Marsh could have bee doing all this time so here it is.

Hang around graveyards at night and scare the rust out of rebellious teenagers.

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident