Quick Fix Game 35: The Melee

Sart

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

This is very helpful. 

I know you’re Ballantain, too, Kidpen ;) You probably think you’re going to attack me, so even if I’m defended I’ll die. Which is clever, but not clever enough.

Anyway, now that we’ve established the Good Guys are going to win anyway, I guess it’s time to start trash-talking our opponents :P

Edited by I think I am here.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

not clever enough.

You make a good point here. Tell you guys what-I will be attacking you, ITIAH. I will also be willing to accept anybody who also wants to attack you. This means you have a very large chance of dying by next round. Unless, of course, you decide to switch sides. Now, my hope is that I'll convince the other two people to attack Joe. Joe, this means you have a very large chance of dying. Unless you decide to switch sides.

After all, there's no reason to want the "Good Guys" to win if you die if they do, and don't if they don't.

20 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

You make a good point here. Tell you guys what-I will be attacking you, ITIAH. I will also be willing to accept anybody who also wants to attack you. This means you have a very large chance of dying by next round. Unless, of course, you decide to switch sides. Now, my hope is that I'll convince the other two people to attack Joe. Joe, this means you have a very large chance of dying. Unless you decide to switch sides.

After all, there's no reason to want the "Good Guys" to win if you die if they do, and don't if they don't.

Jokes on you, I'm actually Rath and Xino as well. Everyone is Joe.

2 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Jokes on you, I'm actually Rath and Xino as well. Everyone is Joe.

Not me. I only think I am Joe.

2 hours ago, Kidpen said:

You know, there’s a pretty good chance (depending on the coin flips) that you’re going to be eliminated by next round, so I guess this gambit doesn’t really matter, because you’re going to die anyway, right? Even if this coin flip fails, the Good Guys are still going to get you. So really the only motive you have to trying to pile on me is to drag me down with you.

You know, this reminds me of that situation where a bunch of Hazekillers are against a Mistborn, and collectively, they can take him down, but then he says. “If you all attack I die, but I guarantee the first person to step forward will die.” And so nobody steps forward, because nobody wants to be the ‘one’ that will die.

This is sort of like that. You’re honestly better off to join the Allies so we can all win together than cause both of our deaths.

10 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

This is sort of like that. You’re honestly better off to join the Allies so we can all win together than cause both of our deaths.

Wait, is that an option? Lemme know if that's an option. 

Otherwise:

@Elandera@(accident ping, I know what you're going to do.) 

@Rathmaskal @xinoehp512 would you guys be willing to attack Joe? I'm attacking itiah. 

It appears that we've got two teams forming. What's your opinion on their compositions?
Well, they've rather strategically let their Ballintain players lead the offense. Of course, that means the Ballintain players are taking a heavy beating.
Pete and Newt are going head to head. It's looking dicey for both of them.
And Pete takes down Newt! What an impressive Line of Vigor.
Wait, what's this? Looks like Newt managed to take down Pete as well. He ricocheted a Line of Vigor off of 2 Lines of Warding, hitting Pete in a weak spot.
It's a shame that these talented players have been eliminated. Still, the field continues to get narrower. Only 6 people left.
It's sure to be a nail-biter.

This round ends on Tuesday January 15th at 4:00 PM EST.

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. xinoehp512: Rogiv
  2. Mailiw73: Amil
  3. Elandera: Tahrie Field
  4. Snipexe: Snip
  5. Fifth Scholar: Miffed
  6. A Joe in the Bush: Joseph Watson
  7. Rathmaskal: Notath Reat
  8. Droughtbringer: Matist Rist
  9. Furamirionind: Loren Menza
  10. Ornstein: Tendin Throk
  11. Devotary of Spontaneity: Slavista Norman
  12. I think I am here: Pete Gazon
  13. Steeldancer: Squiddle
  14. Cadmium Compounder: Apla Yer
  15. Elenion: Vao Temer
  16. Araris Valerian: Elysian
  17. Frozen Mint: Rose Shol
  18. Lumgol: Logmul of Sdrawkcab
  19. MrakeDarshall: Drake Marshall
  20. Kidpen: Newt Scamander
  21. Shqueeves: Jeeves

The Allies

1. A Joe in the Bush: Joseph Watson
  2. Lumgol: Logmul of Sdrawk
  3. Droughtbringer: Matist Rist

Vs.

The Evil Guys

1. xinoehp512: Rogiv
  2. Elandera: Tahrie Field
  3. Rathmaskal: Notath Reat

Huh. That was fair. Elandera, you wanna join us? If you do, Lum and I can attack Xino, and Eland and Drought can kill Rathmaskal.

Hmmm, I guess if Joe's going to stab me in the back like that, I'll come clean.  Joe, Drought, and I have been working together and I thought we'd reached the point where we'd just keep it together until the final three and then see what happens.  I was the play caller the last couple rounds.  Last round it was Drought and Joe attack I think I am here (see my post yesterday)....then I defended one of them.  I was calling for an attack on Elandera this round (Drought, Joe, Elandera)...kind of overkill to use the full code at this point, but we haven't exactly had a chance to talk outside the thread obviously.

So, I'm willing to switch sides if Joe's going to advocate for my death now.  Drought, you haven't been involved in the conversation today, so I'm willing to keep working with you as well...won't be able to use the code anymore obviously, but you at least haven't tried to stab me in the back.  (I knew it would come eventually, but dang...we were almost there)