Quick Fix Game 35: The Melee

Sart

So, I believe that someone plans to attack me. If that belief is correct, then I know who it is. If you don't want to die, please find some way to communicate with me to tell me you'll not attack me, or else I will try to get all of my allies to plan to attack you as well. 

Killing me is not the best course of action, or I will send my allies on you. And I believe that unless you have the code, it is uncrackable, because it is unrecognizable as a code. 

Edited by Cadmium Compounder
Grammatical and spelling errors.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

This is written to read like you chose Matson and are revealing the results to your PM partner, but I can also imagine that this is a ploy to make it look like your Matson when you’re actually Ballantain or Taylor.

This is written to read like you and I aren't in an alliance, but i can also imagine that this us a ploy to make it look like we aren't collaborating.

"Don't depend on tracing," Slavitsa's teachers had always told her. "In a duel, or when facing the wild chalklings, speed is more important than precision." These same professors then lamented the impossibility of drawing perfect circles in practice, as if it wasn't their own fault for being too impatient. Slavitsa would show them all with her latest innovation, the retractable ring. Capable of being folded small enough to fit around her wrist, the ring could be extended to a full meter in diameter, large enough to trace a single-occupancy Rithmatic defense. Perhaps not suitable for the Nebrask battlefields, where giant circles were needed to prevent the wild chalklings from massacring more fragile non-Rithmatists, but an excellent implement for duels such as this one. With the help of her trusty ruler, Slavista was able to trace out the Easton defense more quickly and far more accurately than if she had attempted to draw the defense by hand. Chalklings were more difficult. From experimentation, Slavitsa had learned that traced chalklings performed worse than poorer quality freehand scribbles. Luckily, even an amorphous blob would fulfill its intended purpose; protecting the circle from Lines of Vigor and rival chalklings. Circle complete, Slavitsa began drawing Lines of Vigor as quickly as she could towards the nearest student. 

So this is a quick analysis for said person who plans. I know that you probably have some alliances set up, because you're usually pretty devoted to Sanderson elimination. So I can probably expect multiple attacks, just in case I choose to defend myself this round. But guess what? I also have alliances. 

Killing me will only result in your own death, because I have the capability to get at least 3 other people to know who you are, and hopefully attack you.  

Owney 'mIay itingwray niay odecay. Nlyoay neoay foay uoyay illway nderstanduay.

35 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Hmm... Iyay inkthay igpay atinlay siay ignificantlysay rderhay otay itewray anthay otay eadray... Kind makes it pointless.  : P

2 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

CICIVJTZCSYBITF

Hmm, this looks very much like 2 different codes, and they are likely saying the same thing... so if someone knows one of them, it is possible they might be able to work out a partial key to the other...

Honestly, I am surprised by how open communication seems.  People not resorting to codes and such.  For instance, if CadCom knew who was planning on attacking him before PMs were closed, it would make sense to set up a code before hand for a discussion with the person in question.  Another strange thing about what CadCom is saying, is they are implying (or outright stating) a lot of power behind them.  The thing I find strange about this... Is this is a free for all.  If CadCom is telling the truth and has at least 3 other people willing to protect him, That would make his alliance a big threat.  And while people may not target CadCom after that statement, they may be inclined to target the people who are thought to be his allies.  This statement could either have been made as a bluff to make someone not attack CadCom, or could be serious.  But the fact that these messages paint a target on CadCom's allies, makes me think it is partially a bluff. Surely he has power, but I doubt as much as he says.

Before I said this, I would bet on some of CadCom's allies getting hit tonight.  Now, it is all about whether or not this is a bluff, double bluff, or not at all, so... You are welcome. : ) 

CadCom, why don’t you just reveal the name in thread? Then we have a Rithmatist World War :P

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

So this is a quick analysis for said person who plans. I know that you probably have some alliances set up, because you're usually pretty devoted to Sanderson elimination. So I can probably expect multiple attacks, just in case I choose to defend myself this round. But guess what? I also have alliances. 

Killing me will only result in your own death, because I have the capability to get at least 3 other people to know who you are, and hopefully attack you.  

This is a code. I know it. And the pig Latin is just a red herring as well as a signal to his allies he’s stared using it. It just seems some things are too there on purpose (eg. Quite devoted to Sanderson Elimination - why not just say SE? Why even bring it up? Or “said person who plans” why not just say “person who wants to kill me?” too specific with certain things). But I’ve been trying first letter of every sentence, and a bunch of other things, but I swear there’s a code there.

3 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

CICIVJTZCSYBITF

Araris that's suuuper duper suspicious. Elim confirmed.

On the contrary, I don’t know about this. It seems too obvious, like he’s deliberately typing random letters and numbers (the alternating 1s sort of confirm random typing). Same with the letters. I’ve tried cracking whatever code’s in there (converting numbers to letters etc.) But I cant find anything. I think maybe he’ll have another real code to deploy later while keeping us distracted with random streams of text. Because I don’t doubt he’s got a code. Mail’s great at this sort of PM stuff.

1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

This is written to read like you and I aren't in an alliance, but i can also imagine that this us a ploy to make it look like we aren't collaborating.

I’ve been bamboozled. This is written to imply you and I are in an alliance, but I can also imagine that this is a ploy to make it seem you have allies, just like the last one :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

On the contrary, I don’t know about this. It seems too obvious, like he’s deliberately typing random letters and numbers (the alternating 1s sort of confirm random typing). Same with the letters. I’ve tried cracking whatever code’s in there (converting numbers to letters etc.) But I cant find anything. I think maybe he’ll have another real code to deploy later while keeping us distracted with random streams of text. Because I don’t doubt he’s got a code. Mail’s great at this sort of PM stuff.

xD it would be pretty great if the above 2 strings were random numbers and letters, and there is actually a code in the response to Araris.  If that was the case, I would think the info would be likely on Araris and have something to do with the word "elim".  As "elim confirmed" could well be saying "[insert Araris' defense] confirmed".  If this is the case, there is no letter "T" or "B" in "elim"... but the final letter is "M".  So a code there might be saying that Araris has the Matson defense... Honestly, I wouldn't bet on having cracked a code... ... But it would be funny. : )

Edited by Furamirionind
: )

2 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

So, I believe that someone plans to attack me. If that belief is correct, then I know who it is. If you don't want to die, please find some way to communicate with me to tell me you'll not attack me, or else I will try to get all of my allies to plan to attack you as well. 

Well something about this seems off. It's a bit early in the game to be so sure that a particular player is out to kill you. 

1 minute ago, MrakeDarshall said:

Anyways peace out. I'm not gonna overthink this one.

What's the fun in that? : P

5 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, I already made a deal with someone to kill me, so that's only true for most players.

... Are you saying that you made a deal with someone so that they would kill you, or wouldn't? It sounds like you are planning on being killed... Which doesn't quite make sense to me...

Hmm, I haven't discussed this code with anyone in PMs, but it is 100% crack-able... So let's see if anyone cracks it. : ) "Dcb'a acc sv zofnoc jowckabzowa btsa... Onbcw" It is a pretty standard letter replacement code.

Aw, now that there's a code, I can't help myself but overthink :D 

So I'm seeing a lot of the same number being repeated in Maill's code. The section "451241122545503912", for example. Lots of 4's and 2's and 5's and 1's. Could they be substituting... something completely different from letters? Players and certain actions, coded by a number? That's unlikely, but given the repetition of certain things, Maill could be choosing from a relatively limited selection of symbols - only 3 defenses, plus a list of players..

Or, as Fura said, the REAL code is in everything else, not the actual code. We're over (or under)... doing something? Maybe, he's saying that he doesn't want us to make too much of a bloodbath in the early rounds, or vice versa. 

I don't know, anyone else have thoughts?

Also: Fura, I just figured out your little code :) 

Edited by Lumgol
To avoid double posting

Let’s see if anyone understands this whole code business. I personally suspect that most of these are bluffs, but some are intriguing. Maybe I’ll start making my own. 

Oh, and @MrakeDarshall, thank you for that tidbit. It’s noted, though I doubt I’d want to rig this game to where a situation in which everyone won would happen. It’d feel cheap, and I’d rather play out Sart’s game properly than subvert it. Though it may be interesting, to let an alliance win together at the end. 

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

Hmm, I haven't discussed this code with anyone in PMs, but it is 100% crack-able... So let's see if anyone cracks it. : ) "Dcb'a acc sv zofnoc jowckabzowa btsa... Onbcw" It is a pretty standard letter replacement code.

It took me a minute, but I was able to solve it. I'm rather proud, since I'm usually terrible at these kinds of things.

2 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Another strange thing about what CadCom is saying, is they are implying (or outright stating) a lot of power behind them

Just to clarify, I don't have a strong alliance. I have people, that if I survive the first cycle, who i would be personally feel obligated to help back, if they helped me. Its up to them to help me or not. But by this time, i believe that they all know who i believe is attacking me. 

I'm not sure asparagus if we even rutabaga can all win eggplant, as everyone would watermelon have to die eggplant at the same pineapple time while having lemon the same number asparagus of kills, which nectarine would require an nectarine round of delay iceberg-lettuce and at least nectarine as many Ballantain grape defenses as Taylor.

14 5 14 26 22 21 5 14 / 14 3 10 14 / 13 4 6 19 / 19 / 11 19 4 10 21 14 / 17 21 13 10 / 21 15 26 / 8 6 19 17 8 14 / 4 21 / 1 2 10 10 / 4 6 21 10 14 / 18 14 10 13 22 / 4 19 22 18 21 26 10