Quick Fix Game 35: The Melee

Sart

It looks like Joseph is walking home with the gold. He's summoned a huge swarm of chalklings, and Matist is buckling under the pressure. That won't do.
Matist is going to surrender the match. What a disappointing ending! Wait, did his eyes just glow white?
Probably just a trick of the light. But wait... Matist is drawing at twice the speed now! Something's lit a fire under him. He has surrendered to our agent.
He's survived Joseph's assault. He's still in the match. I've never seen such beautiful Rithmatics!
My goodness, Matist was truly holding back this whole time! He's eliminated Joseph! What a wonderful display of strength. The humans never had a chance.
With people like him in our forces, I'm sure the Forgotten don't stand a chance.
Congratulations to Matist Rist, our winner. You will be a useful tool for the Forgotten.
And of course, a congratulations for all our competitors.
Yes, of course. They will be excellent food.

And with that, the game is over. Congrats to "Droughtbringer" for winning.

Here is the link to the dead doc.
Here is the link to the master spreadsheet.

Edited by Sart

What was your alliance?

During the preparation phase I sent a PM to everyone, and tried to get everyone to like me, and just hoped that they would not kill me.

Besides that, I went for the Taylor defense, and hoped that surviving would work.

I had a bunch of plans, but everyone I wanted to use those with died within tbe first few cycles.

Great game everyone! It was a blast!

4 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

What was your alliance?

During the preparation phase I sent a PM to everyone, and tried to get everyone to like me, and just hoped that they would not kill me.

Besides that, I went for the Taylor defense, and hoped that surviving would work.

I had a bunch of plans, but everyone I wanted to use those with died within tbe first few cycles.

Great game everyone! It was a blast!

Our alliance was Mailliw, Drake, Lum, and myself. Drake and I were Ballantain, Lum was Taylor, and Mailliw was apperantly the only Matson in the game(?).

We traded PM networks and you gave me 6 names, had you actually only PMed 6 people at that point?

Good game everyone! It was fun! I love free for all games.

And congragulations to Drought.

Good game, and congratulations to Drought! Also, congratulations to Joe and Xino, who both played well. Sorry I let you down Fifth. I made some fatal mistakes. I knew I should have kept trying to defend myself.

Joe, I was sending chalklings after you when I died. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish the lines. I suspected you were behind most of the killing, which turns out was a false theory. Oh well.

Thanks Sart for GMing! I greatly enjoyed a Rithmatist themed game!

18 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

We traded PM networks and you gave me 6 names, had you actually only PMed 6 people at that point?

I feel kinda bad, because I had PMed everyone by that point.

But it wouldn't have helped if everyone knew that I had PMed everyone, so I had to keep it on the downlow.

2 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

I feel kinda bad, because I had PMed everyone by that point.

But it wouldn't have helped if everyone knew that I had PMed everyone, so I had to keep it on the downlow.

Not surprised. That was what I’d expected. It’s a bit hard to trade in information if you’re waiting for others to contact you. I’d know. 

It’s come time to preserve this QF for the ages. Thank you to Sart, whose simple ruleset, combined with the flavourful setting and writeups, made for a tense and entertaining game. It was fascinating watching different players’ approaches to the defences available, and to the alliance system the game fostered, and these well-designed mechanics certainly contributed to the game’s enjoyability. Finally, congratulations, Droughtbringer, for your victory, and good luck on your mission! Stay safe and rejoin us in a year or two. :) 

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Orlok, Alvron or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Elbereth, Amanuensis, Aonar Faileas, A Joe in the Bush, or Stink) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: