Quick Fix Game 35: The Melee

Sart

Greetings everyone, and welcome to Armedius Academy's 35th annual Melee! I'm your host, Tom Middleton.
And I'm your co-commentator, Ron Howard.
You can smell the scent of chalk dust in the air, eh, Ron?
Absolutely, Tom. Armedius's finest Rithmatists will be taking the field shortly. This should be a fight for the ages.
Indeed.  Each and every one of these students has a shot at the gold. However, there can only be one winner. Ron, would you mind going over the rules for anyone just joining us?
Of course Tom.

The Rules:
This is a free-for-all game, which means there are no teams this game. Your goal is to be the last player standing. In the event of a tie, the player with the most kills wins. This game takes place in two phases: the Preparation phase, and then up to 9 Rounds in the Game phase.

Preparation Phase:

In the preparation phase, students decide on what strategy to use, and form temporary alliances. This phase will last 48 hours, and begins once the game starts. In this phase, PMs are open. Feel free to contact anyone you like to talk strategy. Please include both myself and the impartial moderator when making these PMs. In addition, you must choose a defense to use in the main event. These will be explained later.

Rounds:

After the Preparation Phase, Round 1 will start. Each Round lasts 24 hours, and PMs are closed during them. Each round, you can submit one of these three actions:

• Line of Forbiddance: Defend a player, usually yourself, from one attack
  • Line of Vigor: Attack another player
  • Line of Making: Swarm a player with chalklings. During the next round, they will be unable to take any actions.

Defense:

During the Preparation Phase, you may choose one of the following

• Ballintain Defense: You cannot draw Lines of Forbiddance, but your LInes of Vigor deal double damage
  • Matson Defense: Choose a player when you draw this defense. You learn what Defense that player is using.
  • Taylor Defense: You cannot take any actions during Round 1. If you survive the first round, you gain an extra life.

Miscellaneous:
@Alvron will be our impartial moderator. The game will be starting Tuesday, January 8th at 4 PM Eastern Standard Time.

bla_1546977600.png

Well put Ron. Let's sit back and watch as the contestants enter the stadium.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. xinoehp512: Rogiv
  2. Mailiw73: Amil
  3. Elandera: Tahrie Field
  4. Snipexe: Snip
  5. Fifth Scholar: Miffed
  6. A Joe in the Bush: Joseph Watson
  7. Rathmaskal: Notath Reat
  8. Droughtbringer: Matist Rist
  9. Furamirionind: Loren Menza
  10. Ornstein: Tendin Throk
  11. Devotary of Spontaneity: Slavista Norman
  12. I think I am here: Pete Gazon
  13. Steeldancer: Squiddle
  14. Cadmium Compounder: Apla Yer
  15. Elenion: Vao Temer
  16. Araris Valerian: Elysian
  17. Frozen Mint: Rose Shol
  18. Lumgol: Logmul of Sdrawkcab
  19. MrakeDarshall: Drake Marshall
  20. Kidpen: Newt Scamander
  21. Shqueeves: Jeeves

Quick Links:

Edited by Fifth Scholar

• Alvron pinned this topic

This looks to be amazing. I can’t wait for the bloodshed to begin. Also excited to finally join a QF, though I’ll likely only post twice a day. 

I’ll be Miffed, who is shocked and disgusted at everything that doesn’t go his way. Most notably that the countdown site is up just after he finished GMing. 

How many base lives do we have?

If someone attacks with the Balintiain Defense and we use a Line of Forbidence, does that block the whole attack, or just half of the damage?

Are there any secret rules?

Are we allowed to attack the GM? What about the IM?

If we all just do nothing, make no attacks and only defend, what happens at the end of the game?

What happens if everyone dies at the same time?

33 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

How many base lives do we have?

If someone attacks with the Balintiain Defense and we use a Line of Forbidence, does that block the whole attack, or just half of the damage?

Are there any secret rules?

If we all just do nothing, make no attacks and only defend, what happens at the end of the game?

What happens if everyone dies at the same time?

Everyone has 1 life. If you get hit, you're dead.

Defending only cancels out one attack. Ballintain defense makes essentially two attacks. You would still lose a life, even if you defend against it. Similarly, if you are attacked by two different people and defend, you still will lose a life.

There is a mechanism in place in case the game stalls. I would prefer not to use it, but if no one dies for two cycles in a row, I'll start using it. That's the only hidden rule.

Please don't.

The mechanism would be activated before the end of the game, and people will start dying one way or another.

In the event of simultaneous death, ties are broken by who got the most kills.

7 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

I'm asking, what if first round player 1 kills player 2 who kills player 3... who kills player 1, and everyone dies at the same time, with one kill?

I suppose stranger things have happened. In that case, everyone would tie for the win.

3 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

2 hours ago, Sart said:

Please don't.

Please do.  I have my defenses all ready and soon I'll start drawing my chalkling swarms. EMqYlbxRo13K50x1H0zXr5OW3GmB5ywfDwHMg0UMXjlzYjq4blSgdE8-WG7YxvPpJYCSFHbEgjLI5pCvDDHiVJaBHrInPIIpp_Q92502FzTs9sVDzZVpuSdxiuXzsOFxM9dm7b9R

5 minutes ago, Elandera said:

If it's any consolation, I believe the clock is broken again. It's shown six days for a few days now.

Yup. I find it funny to picture the creators of the site’s reaction if they knew hum much chaos their broken site was causing.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:07 PM, Furamirionind said:

If I drew a line of Forbiddance, but was attacled by Devotary and Drought, who would be credited with the kill, and who's attack would I block?

Both would get credit for the kill.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:49 AM, Cadmium Compounder said:

Will there be any need for pinch hitters in this game? If so, sign me up as a pinch hitter.

If not, sign me up as a player, named Apla Yer

We shouldn't need pinch hitters. This game should be over fairly quickly, so I've signed you up as a player.