• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 7:36 PM, Sazedezas said:

Like, I'm big in the music dpt. at my high school, but that's about it. I will likely amount to something or other eventually - because I'm proud to let myself slip entirely beneath the radar - but I'm not famous at the moment.
Though I often claim to Spider-Man just for fun.

Huh, I haven’t done music since it stopped being a requirement at my new school. 

I’m not famous (yet). 

How do you think most of ya’lls characters would fade in an Endbringer attack, assuming they were inclined to help? (Still haven’t finished Worm yet, just listening to this reading of it. It’s really good.)

Depending on the buildup, Kokichi would get completely wrecked or one shot it. Red could help keep track of people and the Endbringer with her heartbeat power, but her blood wouldn’t be useful at all. 

53 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

How do you think most of ya’lls characters would fade in an Endbringer attack, assuming they were inclined to help? (Still haven’t finished Worm yet, just listening to this reading of it. It’s really good.)

Depending on the buildup, Kokichi would get completely wrecked or one shot it. Red could help keep track of people and the Endbringer with her heartbeat power, but her blood wouldn’t be useful at all. 

I'm having trouble thinking of a situation in which Armageddon would do anything but help the Endbringers. That being said, if he really did want to for some reason he'd probably throw away the lives of a ridiculous number of people without it making any difference.

Also, hi! I haven't been on here for a while.

7 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I'm having trouble thinking of a situation in which Armageddon would do anything but help the Endbringers. That being said, if he really did want to for some reason he'd probably throw away the lives of a ridiculous number of people without it making any difference.

Also, hi! I haven't been on here for a while.

Hi! Same!

Yeah, with the amount of mind controllers and corpse manipulators, I feel there would be a lot of innocents getting thrown at them. Hey, at least if Lightwards helped out, you could double the amount of use from any innocents.

Huh, I just realized that Red could actually help a lot if she wasn’t so terrible. I didn’t say what her blood type was— the fact I’ve never had her use a forced transfusion as a really messed up way to kill someone means it’s pretty justifiable to say she’s a universal donor. So, yeah, hero!Red or even just helpful!Red could do a lot of good, considering she’s immune to blood loss. 

2 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Haven't read Worm, but if some sort of giant apocalyptic monster attacked most of my Epics would probably just book it out of town. (I'm picturing something like Godzilla or the thing from Cloverfield.) They have very little to gain from fighting a massive doomsday beast and quite a lot to lose.

Lightwards is an exception because he has a lot less to lose than others. He'd probably throw everything he had at a giant monster in an insane hope that he could kill and reanimate it. He'd probably lose, but a ton of innocent people would be murdered and used as cannon fodder before he finally gave up or was killed so many times he went insane.

Assuming they were somehow inclined to help...

Arsenal would be the most useful because he could both stock the military and provide evacuation vehicles for civilians.

Glamour, Deathwish, and Redlight would be pretty much useless, assuming Deathwish's damage reflection and Redlight's momentum-freezing can't do anything to the monster.

Darkrose can dish out a pretty hefty amount of damage, but anything much more durable than steel isn't going to give way to her vines. She might be able to keep something restrained for a while, maybe long enough for evacuation efforts to get underway. Her chances of contributing something worthwhile are raised exponentially if Alastair is there and providing direction.

Aldo and Cricket are pretty useless but will be enjoying the show from a distance.

Backtrack could be used by someone much smarter than him to figure out the origin of the monsters, and is thus potentially the most valuable of all.

(I'm probably forgetting someone because it's been a while.)

8 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Haven't read Worm, but if some sort of giant apocalyptic monster attacked most of my Epics would probably just book it out of town. (I'm picturing something like Godzilla or the thing from Cloverfield.) They have very little to gain from fighting a massive doomsday beast and quite a lot to lose.

Lightwards is an exception because he has a lot less to lose than others. He'd probably throw everything he had at a giant monster in an insane hope that he could kill and reanimate it. He'd probably lose, but a ton of innocent people would be murdered and used as cannon fodder before he finally gave up or was killed so many times he went insane.

Assuming they were somehow inclined to help...

Arsenal would be the most useful because he could both stock the military and provide evacuation vehicles for civilians.

Glamour, Deathwish, and Redlight would be pretty much useless, assuming Deathwish's damage reflection and Redlight's momentum-freezing can't do anything to the monster.

Darkrose can dish out a pretty hefty amount of damage, but anything much more durable than steel isn't going to give way to her vines. She might be able to keep something restrained for a while, maybe long enough for evacuation efforts to get underway. Her chances of contributing something worthwhile are raised exponentially if Alastair is there and providing direction.

Aldo and Cricket are pretty useless but will be enjoying the show from a distance.

Backtrack could be used by someone much smarter than him to figure out the origin of the monsters, and is thus potentially the most valuable of all.

(I'm probably forgetting someone because it's been a while.)

It’d be pretty interesting to roleplay out, just throwing everything we all had against a giant apocalypse beast. Excluding @Voidus, of course, from that “everything,” because I think he(?) might very well just win by opening his vault.

Speaking of the vault, I’m starting a superhero story podcast with some friends. The main character has some sort of information ability and wants to interview the more dangerous/sneaky vigilantes and/or villains. We’re starting with just one season. Any of you interested in helping out, either in terms of writing or contributing character ideas? The limits to the system are “one power per person,” but that power can be anything. With the exception of plain old “hyper intelligence” because I think that’s really stupid sounding. Tinkerers and more specific intelligence based abilities are fine, tho. 

27 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

(I'm picturing something like Godzilla or the thing from Cloverfield.)

Worse, because the Endbringers are scaled to a wide array of superpowers.  And they leave eventually, then attack again later.

And they ADAPT.

Arsenal would be the most useful because he could both stock the military

The military doesn't fight these things.  They've tried, but each of them has they're own reason why that's pointless.

Deathwish's damage reflection and Redlight's momentum-freezing can't do anything to the monster.

Deathwish would probably reflect the damage, but they are ridiculously tough, Levi would drown him, Behemoth would kill him via radiation, and I don't know WHAT the Simurgh would do.  Still, he'd stall the prior two for a while.  Redlight's momentum reflection would probably work as well, but they adapt.

Alastair is there and providing direction.

Endbringers are immune to most precogging, but that's because 

minor worm spoilers

Spoiler

Powers can't predict the behaviors of other powers beyond how the human component chooses to use them, and the nature of the Endbringers is weird.

They move around a lot, so not really.

EDIT: to Winter, I would probably agree to that.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

8 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Worse, because the Endbringers are scaled to a wide array of superpowers.  And they leave eventually, then attack again later.

And they ADAPT.

The military doesn't fight these things.  They've tried, but each of them has they're own reason why that's pointless.

Deathwish would probably reflect the damage, but they are ridiculously tough, Levi would drown him, Behemoth would kill him via radiation, and I don't know WHAT the Simurgh would do.  Still, he'd stall the prior two for a while.  Redlight's momentum reflection would probably work as well, but they adapt.

Endbringers are immune to most precogging, but that's because 

minor worm spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Powers can't predict the behaviors of other powers beyond how the human component chooses to use them, and the nature of the Endbringers is weird.

They move around a lot, so not really.

EDIT: to Winter, I would probably agree to that.

To the Voidus’s Vault thing?

Also, how does reality warping/metanarrative nonsense hit them? Kokichi’s really weird. Like, really really weird. 

The way you say that sounds like there are more Endbringer fights later on. Sounds awesome. I think this is my favorite arc so far, since I’ve been on this listen, though Slaughterhouse 9 are my favorites over all just cuz they’re... well... I can’t explain that. I really can’t.

4 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Also, how does reality warping/metanarrative nonsense hit them? Kokichi’s really weird. Like, really really weird. 

That's not as much of a thing in Worm because *MODERATELY HUGE SPOILERS*.

To the Voidus’s Vault thing?

To the podcast thing.

The way you say that sounds like there are more Endbringer fights later on. Sounds awesome. I think this is my favorite arc so far, since I’ve been on this listen, though Slaughterhouse 9 are my favorites over all just cuz they’re... well... I can’t explain that. I really can’t.

What part are you on?

10 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

That's not as much of a thing in Worm because *MODERATELY HUGE SPOILERS*.

To the podcast thing.

What part are you on?

I figured, based on the displays so far. Reality warping, especially in such a specific capacity, is weird and needs conditions about the setting to be met. It covers so much. In its broadest sense, it’s matter manipulation, spatial warping, temporal loops/acceleration/slowing down, gravity control, and sometimes completely rewriting history on a micro and macro level. Just... so much. (Honestly the reality stone in marvel is so confusing and underused...)

ah, cool, I can send you a link to the discord.

9.3, but I read up to 13 or 14 last time. I don’t remember the specifics.

Some Shaker powers (Labrynth comes to mind, also Nursery, if you've read any of Ward) could be described as localized reality warping. Usually with some restrictions and nuances to how it operates, like needing to stay put in one place to let the area of effect become very intense, and being unable to affect themselves so that they are basically ordinary and vulnerable humans in the center of the area of effect, but yeah.

11 hours ago, winter devotion said:

It’d be pretty interesting to roleplay out, just throwing everything we all had against a giant apocalypse beast. Excluding @Voidus, of course, from that “everything,” because I think he(?) might very well just win by opening his vault.

Speaking of the vault, I’m starting a superhero story podcast with some friends. The main character has some sort of information ability and wants to interview the more dangerous/sneaky vigilantes and/or villains. We’re starting with just one season. Any of you interested in helping out, either in terms of writing or contributing character ideas? The limits to the system are “one power per person,” but that power can be anything. With the exception of plain old “hyper intelligence” because I think that’s really stupid sounding. Tinkerers and more specific intelligence based abilities are fine, tho. 

Well like 90% of the vault would be useless because I have a penchant for making completely useless powers :P But the remaining 10% could probably deal with pretty much anything yeah.

Re: Endbringers, Blank might be able to help with coordination, but that's about it.  Jacklyn could be on a recruitment poster.  Viktor could be a decent medic.  Nicroburst could pull some crazy shenanigans, though a lot of that would be dependent on how many thinkers show up to this attack for power-combo purposes.

Epoch would probably be exploited to try to catch the EB in near-frozen time, which is ACTUALLY a potential way to beat one permanently.  But Levi would see the raindrops and know to avoid the area, while the Simurgh would exploit it and Behemoth, if caught, would just keep fighting because Dyakinesis can generate some REALLY fast attacks.

3 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Epoch would probably be exploited to try to catch the EB in near-frozen time, which is ACTUALLY a potential way to beat one permanently.  But Levi would see the raindrops and know to avoid the area, while the Simurgh would exploit it and Behemoth, if caught, would just keep fighting because Dyakinesis can generate some REALLY fast attacks.

Something like that.

Simurgh and Khonsu would not be threatened by his power at all.

He would probably be more helpful against the others. I would expect the Endbringer cores to be immune to the time slowing, since Behemoth's core was able to nullify Chevalier's power, so what would most likely happen is it would force them to shed a bunch of layers to escape the time bubble, heavily damaging them but still being a little ways off from permanently dealing with them.

I don't know what these are, but my guess is... Bloodlight could keep people from dying - permanently - but within a relatively insignificant range, so...
Karabiner would... Yeah, he would have some fun. Just a little. These things seem to be power-monsters, so he could probably through them at themselves from many different angles, given enough cover to prepare.

Arachnerd would be useless, though Mightwielder - if you guys remember that concept - could deal some SERIOUS damage to them if they're anything like what I think.

Based on my limited knowledge of how Endbringers work:

Amethyst wouldn't do that much. Her ability is a rather bad matchup for Endbringers. Shade is basically Panacea with less experience and a somewhat weak stealth ability, so probably useful as a healer but not much more.

Are Epics from other RPs allowed? I had one in the Alleyverse that can do a decent chunk of damage once their weakness of not being immune to their own powers is fixed.

Heyo, quick hypothetical question. Would a Epic with the ability to have the abilities that people believes he has, work?
That...makes no sense doesn’t it?

So, this Epic, if someone believes that he can control fire then that is his ability. If someone believes that he can blow up pavement with a glance then he can. And if someone believes both then he can do both. His ability is to have the abilities that people think he has.

How would you guys rate/score/approve/whatever this Epic ability?