3 hours ago, breakingamber said:

Bit of a dumb question:

Has anyone seen a Reckoners RP character or someone seemingly based off one in another work, or used one as inspiration for a character in their work? Is this question comprehensible?

I was considering using 'Orbit and the Belt' because it's a really nice turn of phrase, for example.

I've exported a lot of my Oregon characters into an original setting, tweaking their backstories to fit with the new scenery and also to give them more agency over their lives than "Calmity made me crazy."

The main ones are Mobius, Revolution, Backtrack, and Darkrose.

For some reason, I wanted to post this.

In the Wormverse, the Slaughterhouse Nine are a horrible group of superpowered serial killers, and I figured that, after their collective demise, there would be movies made about them a la Scream.

Thus: My vague ideas for the plots of the Slaughterhouse horror series and the reactions. The premise is a series of Earth Aleph movies created after essentially the entirety of the Internet was tossed through a portal during GM. They are inaccurate in many ways.

Spoiler

Slaughterhouse: King recruits a young Jacob Hurley and Harbinger (whose powers are just superhuman reflexes and combat ability) as part of his new supervillain group, the King's Men. Young child Ciara, male father, male friend, LBGTQ friend, and female friend (who are so stereotypical they don't deserve names, but probably have them) live in the town of <small Western town> when the three aforementioned villains come to town and start doing a bunch of squicky murdery things, killing the male friend. Jacob approaches female lead in secret and asks for help betraying the other villains in return for not killing her, they  all agree. Climactic final confrontation at an old mansion where LBGTQ friend sacrifices themself to 'mortally' wound Harbinger who Disney Villain Dies by falling out a window. All confront King, male friend is killed and so is King. Jacob betrays girl and murders male father leaving her alone but alive based on typical exact words formatting on previous promise. Leaves, mutters something to himself about rebranding, girl triggers in surprisingly accurate rendition, early PRT arrives, unconscious girl writes JUSTICE in dirt, ghost of King appears.
Despite rather low budget and relatively cheesy special effects, movie does quite well at box office. Some people boycott for unrealistically depicting the early formations of the Nine, but generally is critically acclaimed. Old plans for Two and Three are dredged up, as well as an extremely old plan for Nine
Slaughterhouse Two: A New Horror:  Older Jack Slash arrives alone in vaguely Eastern Coast town, town is quickly shown to be filled with monsters. Psychosoma and Breed are fighting two PRT capes, Jack helps kill both of them. The PRT capes, of course. They talk, Jack talks about making an impact, the other two agree, then mention a nearby group of villains claiming to be the most evil on the eastern seaboard, the Teeth. Cue Brockton Bay title card. Fight fight fight, Butcher is defeated though not killed, fight fight, Teeth are collectively defeated and weakened, Nyx and Crimson join up. PRT attack, Winter (who simply has ice powers) is introduced as a PRT cape, but the early Nine are not ready; Jack bluffs them to stall them and fails, but precious seconds allow them to be saved by Marquis and Screamer (who simply screams). Brockton Bay Brigade attack this time, and this time capture the entire Nine, plus Marquis and Screamer. All collectively escape from prison with help of Winter (she loves Crimson) and Shatterbird (who was already in the cellblock). Marquis is left behind, and he swears vengeance. All collectively escape the city. Teaser shows Jack talking about the name of their group, thinks Slaughterhouse 8 doesn’t have the same ring as the Slaughterhouse… enter Gray Boy.
Movie is markedly better and better received than the first one. Also establishes pattern of odd movies being about Glaistig Uaine/Other cape protagonist and even ones being about Jack Slash and/or the Nine.
Slaughterhouse Three: Keeper of the Dead: Headline shows The Slaughterhouse Nine attacking yet another town. Ciara reads it in an apartment, having not aged since the first movie. Can only use one ghost at a time. Rises, talks to PRT person, heated argument, leaves, flying out, manifesting several new ghosts, heads off into the distance. Cue Jack laughing as he does things in yet another town. Ciara arrives, threatens him, he laughs, fights Nine, loses horribly. Nine leave. Some older male cape takes care of Ciara, she wakes up, talking talking agree they both want revenge go after Nine a second time in the middle of PRT battle with Nine, fight both sides, kill and absorb Screamer and Nyx. Breed is killed via incendiary missile. Rest of Nine escape, PRT is obliterated, two weeks pass as Ciara prepares for another go at the Nine. Fight in another town, Crawler is introduced and gives Ciara trouble. Male father replacement gets close to Jack and almosts takes him down, but surprise young girl hostage… haha no not really surprise Bonesaw. Gray Boy takes him down, Ciara is almost killed and second triggers, again surprisingly realistically, and is able to control more than one ghost at a time. Kills Crimson, Psychosoma, Gray Boy, everyone else escapes thanks to surprise Chuckles. Allows herself to be imprisoned by PRT in Birdcage, goes mad, calls herself Glaistig Uaine, Keeper of the Dead.
Is hailed as one of the peaks of the series and the original trilogy. There will be a sequel. Of course.
Slaughterhouse Four: Strings: Life story of Alan Gramme. Trigger, Sphere, Simurgh. Second half of movie is slow deterioration into Mannequin, slowly replacing own body parts until only head is left, then replaced that too. Met up with Siberian (who is not a projection, just invincible and only harmable by weird dimensional shenanigans) shortly after she fought Alexandria and Hero, travelled together, joined Nine by killing Winter shortly after Keeper of the Dead.
Much controversy over only tertiary focus on the Nine and Siberian’s nudity. Still quite successful. Shorter than most of the other films.
Slaughterhouse Five: Return of the Nine: Non-Nine characters include Glory Girl (protagonist), Panacea (sister), Armsmaster (deuteragonist), Skitter (kinda nemesis, kinda friend interest), Hookwolf (plain old evil), Miss Militia (classical hero), Carol (mother), Dragon (love interest). Intro is the Nine hitting a parahuman insane asylum, losing Chuckles but gaining Burnscar, Cherish (whose power is changed to making people see their deepest fear), and Hatchet Face. Jack mentions going to Brockton Bay, but proposes a game to the rest of the Nine: each member chooses a candidate which they are responsible for killing, not including the most recent additions. If they survive, they have the choice to join the Nine. Else they probably die anyway.
Jack chooses Miss Militia
Bonesaw chooses Panacea
Siberian chooses Skitter
Mannequin chooses Armsmaster
Shatterbird chooses Hookwolf
Crawler chooses Hatchet Face, and kills him immediately.
Crawler is yelled at, but is otherwise left alone. Scene goes to Glory Girl, who is patrolling and runs into Skitter patrolling her territory. They fight, Skitter is beaten, Jack shows up and says hi, explains the rules of the game to Skitter. Everything is set on fire by Burnscar, and the two work together to survive and save the innocents. Cut to Armsmaster talking with Miss Militia. Former is just as antisocial and oblivious as ever. Surprise Mannequin and Siberian! They are fought off, but AM’s famous Halberd is damaged and Militia is wounded. Cherish arrives and explains the rules, since neither of the former actually, well, talk. Shatterbird screams. All main characters meet up except for Panacea. Hookwolf was approached by Shatterbird offscreen. All agree to truce to fight the Nine, though Hookwolf is a jerk. Surprise Bonesaw riding Crawler! Spiderbots and Crawler attack everything, Carol is killed. BS tells GG that her sister’s been kidnapped though not killed, and that she’d better go find her. Splitting up happens: Skitter and Hookwolf, GG and MM, AM and Dragon. Burnscar is killed by Hookwolf, Crawler is killed by massive Dragon overkill. GG and MM talk about heroism, then encounter Bonesaw and Jack. Jack kills MM, but GG rescues her sister… who turns out to be Shatterbird. They fight, SB dies. Dragon is killed by Mannequin who is killed by Armsmaster. Skitter takes down Cherish after doing the greatest fear thing and saves the real Panacea, is attacked by Siberian who is ‘anti healed’ by Panacea, killing her. Jack convinces Hookwolf to join the Nine, the Nine leaves the city though Hookwolf takes Skitter’s arm before he goes. Skitter, Armsmaster, and Glory Girl all get together, decide to go after the Nine no matter where they go. 
Is easily the best film in the Slaughterhouse franchise. More actiony than horrory, but still quite good. Is criticized, however, that it is unrealistic for Skitter to be able to survive the whole thing.
Slaughterhouse Six: Endbringer: Jack recruits more members of the Nine. Lleviathan attacks the city they are in, but they drive it off. Blah blah more conflict with PRT blah blah
Forgettable.
Slaughterhouse Seven: Die A Hero: Main character is Skitter. Glory Girl, Skitter, and Armsmaster are tracking down the Nine, which they eventually find in a rural town. Blah blah fight fight lose horribly. They are framed for the carnage the Nine wrought and tossed in the Birdcage, where they meet Glaistig Uaine and Marquis. Marquis desperately wants the chance to get back at the bastards, but Glaistig’s a little too insane to help out with that. Talking talking Jack is a dick so Uaine finally decides to teleport the four capes out, literally right on top of Jack. Fight, some members are killed. Follow, end up in another rural town where more of the Nine are taken down. Jack convinces Marquis to betray the heroes by revealing that he had Bonesaw infect his daughter (Panacea) with something horrible, which he will set off if he doesn’t cooperate. Glory Girl is killed, Armsmaster is wounded. The Nine escape again.
Okay, but not amazing.
Slaughterhouse Eight: Harbinger’s Revenge: Since Harbinger only Disney Villain Died, what has he been up to all this time? Plotting revenge, of course. Takes off his mask and joins some heroes, gets the heroes to go after the Nine and takes down quite a lot of them. Talks to Jack, Jack has a really great plan for making an impact on the world, Harbinger is eventually convinced and rejoins the Nine. Heroes are captured by betrayal and Jack eventually convinces them as well. Setup for Slaughterhouse 9K event.
By itself, is a massive cliffhanger. In light of the following movie, is seen in a much more positive light, though still is seen as weak and unbelievable.
Slaughterhouse Nine: The Final Countdown: A year has passed since Harbinger’s Revenge. AM and Skitter are talking about the strange disappearance of the Nine, as well as that of Blasto. Suddenly, the Nine attack Brockton Bay… as well as Boston, LA, and just about every major US city. 27 groups of Nine are loose, and the PRT is stretched to its limits dealing with it. Fight with misc. members, Jack calls them up and tells them that this is yet another game; there is only one copy of Bonesaw, Jack, and Gray Boy. Each of them has a piece of a remote inside their brains. If they can get the full remote and press a button, each S9K member will self-destruct. They put together a team: Panacea to deal with Bonesaw, Glaistig is released from the Birdcage to deal with Gray Boy, and Skitter and AM together prepare to deal with Jack. Fight fight lots of clones something Marquis something fighting lots of fighting. Glory Girl clone! Ahhhh drama kill it Gray Boy and Bonesaw are killed. Skitter and AM talk with Jack, dramatic fight scene, tactical missile takes him out but last remote piece is (of course) destroyed. Glaistig uses Gray Boy’s power to go back in time a tiny bit and retrieves the remote piece. S9K self destructs. Yay.
Grand Finale. Lots of people saw it, many people were disappointed, but you’d kinda expect that, eh?
Slaughterhouse Ten: Resurrection: PRT officials are poking around in Blasto’s lab after the The Final Countdown. Someone presses a button, and a fully formed Jack Slash is released beneath the lab. Nobody notices as he murders someone and steals their clothes, then goes about doing serial killer things. AM is called in to resolve the situation, there is a brief fight, and Jack is killed. AM mourns Dragon, Skitter joins the Wards as Weaver. Nobody remembered the injection BS gave Panacea back in Return of the Nine, which is what Jack activated before he died. It injected Jack’s personality into poor Amy, who goes on a serial killer spree of her own with her biokinesis. Weaver attempts to take her out, but she keeps modifying her bugs and piling up people, eventually building an extremely deadly beast that rampages through Brockton Bay. Fight fight is eventually taken down by Weaver through tricks and deus ex machina, but Panacea escapes.
Generally disliked. Most people thought the Slaughterhouse series should’ve been done at Nine.

Now, even after puking all that out, I need an idea for Slaughterhouse Eleven, mostly because it's a stupid running gag in my lousy fanfiction. Any thoughts? Also jeez I thought that would only take 30 minutes or so? I must be delusional.

Edited by breakingamber

On 9/28/2019 at 8:33 PM, breakingamber said:

Bit of a dumb question:

Has anyone seen a Reckoners RP character or someone seemingly based off one in another work, or used one as inspiration for a character in their work? Is this question comprehensible?

I was considering using 'Orbit and the Belt' because it's a really nice turn of phrase, for example.

I’ve pulled Red into my webcomic— which I started! It’s brokenmasks.smackjeeves.com ! Please check it out— although she’s not gonna be introduced for a couple of arcs. I might bring Kokichi into some other stuff, but there’s a lot of problems involved with their existence anywhere— notably, the fact that if I’m the only writing, they get ridiculously unbalanced for meta reasons. I might work Red into my monster of the week campaign, actually, depending on how things go. (I’m the DM/Keeper and it’s set in the SCP Foundation Universe because I have a new addiction.) 

Speaking of Oregon characters showing up in unexpected places, Nighthound hopped into my dream last night and hunted me for sport! It was only him in a loose dreamlike sense, but it was still somewhat yikes! @Edgedancer, he leaves one heck of an impression!

35 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I’ve pulled Red into my webcomic— which I started! It’s brokenmasks.smackjeeves.com ! Please check it out— although she’s not gonna be introduced for a couple of arcs. I might bring Kokichi into some other stuff, but there’s a lot of problems involved with their existence anywhere— notably, the fact that if I’m the only writing, they get ridiculously unbalanced for meta reasons. I might work Red into my monster of the week campaign, actually, depending on how things go. (I’m the DM/Keeper and it’s set in the SCP Foundation Universe because I have a new addiction.) 

Speaking of Oregon characters showing up in unexpected places, Nighthound hopped into my dream last night and hunted me for sport! It was only him in a loose dreamlike sense, but it was still somewhat yikes! @Edgedancer, he leaves one heck of an impression!

Link to the webcomic is broken. I'll check it out when it works ;)

Like the Slaughterhouse movie premise!  And I bet due to a seemingly random course of events, a girl, now a woman, with a prosthetic arm, and her father win a random drawing for tickets to a marathon run through of 1-4, followed by the world premier of 5, with surprise guest appearances of Jack Slash and Skitter!

And the woman’s seat number?

Row S, seat 9.

With a note underneath it saying:

25 years since it started. 
May the next 25 be better.

Happy anniversary-

C

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

On 9/30/2019 at 6:17 PM, The Young Pyromancer said:

Like the Slaughterhouse movie premise!  And I bet due to a seemingly random course of events, a girl, now a woman, with a prosthetic arm, and her father win a random drawing for tickets to a marathon run through of 1-4, followed by the world premier of 5, with surprise guest appearances of Jack Slash and Skitter!

And the woman’s seat number?

Row S, seat 9.

With a note underneath it saying:

25 years since it started. 
May the next 25 be better.

Happy anniversary-

C

For the record... that was similar to the plan I had for a funny scene in a fanfiction where a woman invites her good friends Taylor and Madeline over for a Slaughterhouse marathon, and they're looking at each other suspiciously and laughing together over some of the horrible inaccuracies while said woman looks at them like they're insane.

"How the hell do you two know that <OBSCURE S9 FACT>?"

"Firsthand experience."

"WHAT"

On 10/2/2019 at 9:19 PM, breakingamber said:

For the record... that was similar to the plan I had for a funny scene in a fanfiction where a woman invites her good friends Taylor and Madeline over for a Slaughterhouse marathon, and they're looking at each other suspiciously and laughing together over some of the horrible inaccuracies while said woman looks at them like they're insane.

"How the hell do you two know that <OBSCURE S9 FACT>?"

"Firsthand experience."

"WHAT"

I need to finish reading Worm... 

Also, there could be a prequel describing how Jack Slash/Harbinger triggered.  Slaughterhouse 0.  Blasto’s still unaccounted for in your summary, do there’s that to go off of.  The rest of the Birdcage detainees could be set loose by the Simurgh now that no one is monitoring them, and that could lead to a fight.  There might be a golden mourning arc, but Aleph would have no idea what caused it.  Skitter’s backstory could get explored, or at least this version of it.  Lung, a man that has the power to transform into an oriental dragon, could show up.  Moord Nag could show up.  The real problem with anything else is glastig uaine would curbstomp them, but if she died you’d have other options.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:54 PM, The Young Pyromancer said:

Also, there could be a prequel describing how Jack Slash/Harbinger triggered.  Slaughterhouse 0.  Blasto’s still unaccounted for in your summary, do there’s that to go off of.  The rest of the Birdcage detainees could be set loose by the Simurgh now that no one is monitoring them, and that could lead to a fight.  There might be a golden mourning arc, but Aleph would have no idea what caused it.  Skitter’s backstory could get explored, or at least this version of it.  Lung, a man that has the power to transform into an oriental dragon, could show up.  Moord Nag could show up.  The real problem with anything else is glastig uaine would curbstomp them, but if she died you’d have other options.

I've been trying to imply that GU's completely batshit insane at this point and only cares about murdering Gray Boy specifically for... reasons. Whatever happens to Blasto is a great idea though... okay. I'll go with that. Finally, I've been skirting around GM with these 'movies' because it's an extremely sensitive topic that nobody knows anything about.

Is it reasonable for some tinker to throw the entire Earth Bet internet through a portal to Earth Aleph? That's how I'm assuming all this info gets there, classified government information included.

It's semi-reasonable that some data storage tinker made a backup of the internet in case someone wrecked the server farms that then fell through a portal.  

I imagine there's one of those projects that employs the fact that so many people use the internet to trawl through the other internet and mark anything important.

2 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

It's semi-reasonable that some data storage tinker made a backup of the internet in case someone wrecked the server farms that then fell through a portal.  

I imagine there's one of those projects that employs the fact that so many people use the internet to trawl through the other internet and mark anything important.

"Why are all of Xx_VoidCowboy_xX's' PHO posts marked as important?"

On 10/7/2019 at 4:52 PM, breakingamber said:

"Why are all of Xx_VoidCowboy_xX's' PHO posts marked as important?"

I don’t know why this conversation made me think of this but wouldn’t it be wild if one of us what a senator? Or other politician or famous actor or whatever. Senator was just what popped into my head first.

I mean it’s unlikely just cuz of numbers but like, you really don’t know that much about your online friends until you do. I’m just a 16 year old high schooler, but like... am I? Are you the queen of England? 

If any of you are the queen of England, you legally have to tell us.

I'm realizing now that I'm (to my own shock) older than a bunch of you, at 18 and a college Freshman.

Probably the closest thing to any of that that I've done is going against my school on a matter of policy (the school's own policy!) and winning, because I was able to prove they weren't following it.