Just now, winter devotion said:

What's Lolfoundation? 

Basically a time period where the characterization of researchers and SCPs went really in the direction of rule of cool and over the top action, like really crazy decommissionings, extremely out of character stories and the entire foundation being staffed with incompetent idiots. For a good example, check out the story From Dusk till Dawn. there's also the history of the universe hub which also covers the period in more detail.

1 minute ago, kenod said:

Basically a time period where the characterization of researchers and SCPs went really in the direction of rule of cool and over the top action, like really crazy decommissionings, extremely out of character stories and the entire foundation being staffed with incompetent idiots. For a good example, check out the story From Dusk till Dawn. there's also the history of the universe hub which also covers the period in more detail.

Huh, interesting. Sounds like a tonal time period Ko would fit right into. So much content! So confusing! 

1 minute ago, breakingamber said:

Is it just me or is this RP basically just 4 people now?

I think some others are dropping in every now and then as well. But yeah, not a lot of really active people right now. Most people only come onto the thread every week or so it seems.

I’ll probably do some WHioC posts but my computer is borked which makes everything take longer.

On 8/13/2019 at 0:34 PM, winter devotion said:

EDIT: On an unrelated note, is anyone else into the SCP Foundation?

Yes, for sure.

I haven’t read near all of it but it’s a great way to pass the time. I’ve considered writing one or two SCPs.

14 hours ago, winter devotion said:

EDIT: Thinking of writing a containment procedure for Ko and Red. Somehow, Red continues to be incredibly compatible with other settings.

Red

Euclid Class Anomaly

Containment Procedure: Anomaly is to be kept in a 10m x 10m x 3m cell. Cell is to be completely airtight, with steel walls no less than 3cm in thickness.

Cell is to be equipped with full life support systems, rated for use in a self-contained environment for no less than three days without resupplying. Following incident 36A, all instances of plumbing, pneumatic piping, delivery mechanisms, and doors within the cell are to be fitted with seals rated to withstand Abyssal levels of submarine pressure.

Life support systems are to be refreshed daily on a fixed schedule. Exactly ten seconds before the restocking process initiates, anomaly is to be verbally abused by a site director or higher-ranked personnel. It is vital that the anomaly is informed that she has been rejected by the foundation. The restocking process is not to exceed two minutes in duration. Under no circumstances are any pressure seals to be opened except during the restocking process.

Anomaly is permitted to include requests for reading material along with outgoing waste. Anomaly “Red” is believed to be relatively safe under the supervision of certain personnel she has previously offered to serve, and may be requested for service in the field by individuals that qualify. Revision following incident 147C: Under no circumstances are any personnel to accept any offers of service from anomaly “Red”.

For Ko, you would probably just have to keep them drugged or in cryogenic stasis, since you said their reality warping doesn’t happen when they are asleep.

Edited by DrakeMarshmallow

14 hours ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

I’ll probably do some WHioC posts but my computer is borked which makes everything take longer.

Yes, for sure.

I haven’t read near all of it but it’s a great way to pass the time. I’ve considered writing one or two SCPs.

Red

Euclid Class Anomaly

Containment Procedure: Anomaly is to be kept in a 10m x 10m x 3m cell. Cell is to be completely airtight, with steel walls no less than 3cm in thickness.

Cell is to be equipped with full life support systems, rated for use in a self-contained environment for no less than three days without resupplying. Following incident 36A, all instances of plumbing, pneumatic piping, delivery mechanisms, and doors within the cell are to be fitted with seals rated to withstand Abyssal levels of submarine pressure.

Life support systems are to be refreshed daily on a fixed schedule. Exactly ten seconds before the restocking process initiates, anomaly is to be verbally abused by a site director or higher-ranked personnel. It is vital that the anomaly is informed that she has been rejected by the foundation. The restocking process is not to exceed two minutes in duration. Under no circumstances are any pressure seals to be opened except during the restocking process.

Anomaly is permitted to include requests for reading material along with outgoing waste. Anomaly “Red” is believed to be relatively safe under the supervision of certain personnel she has previously offered to serve, and may be requested for service in the field by individuals that qualify. Revision following incident 147C: Under no circumstances are any personnel to accept any offers of service from anomaly “Red”.

For Ko, you would probably just have to keep them drugged or in cryogenic stasis, since you said their reality warping doesn’t happen when they are asleep.

Her weakness isn’t actually being told she’s a disappointment as much as it is her believing it, so that might only work for a little bit. But otherwise, that’d probably be fine.

Re: Kokichi, I think they’d be able to figure out their weakness, so I don’t think they’d need that. I’m not sure when I said the thing about their warping and sleep, but upon thinking about it, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t work like that, since it is a passive ability. Maybe I’m just trying to justify them staying awake? 

Edit: A brief description of their containment has turned into The Time Kokichi Went Even More Buckwild Than They Usually Are. Should not have considered the fact they’d be able to kill 682 super easily. Turns out, dark cosmic horror has NOTHING on the power of God (Hatsune Miku) and Anime. I don’t control the overly excitable child with way too op powers please nerf, the overly excitable child controls me. 

Am I biased towards their nonsense? Of course. Conveniently, I’m the author of this little crossover so I can do what I want. It’s approximately three quarters done, and I won’t be writing up the actual big dramatic confrontation because that is too epic to be properly conveyed by text. 

Anyway, I love these things. 

Edited by winter devotion

On 8/9/2019 at 8:37 PM, breakingamber said:

So... um... couple questions.

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles: Would Jade and Nathan even stick around for the meeting? Seems like they'd just hightail it out of there as soon as something looked vaguely like 'a bunch of Epics in the same location'.

@Comatose: I was told that you could contact Saze? Would you be willing to do so

@Voidus: How do you plan to coordinate the timeskip and stuff involving your two characters outside the time bubble?

Hope I haven't irritated all the mods... oh wait. On a side note, I wish I'd thought through my character a little better. I'm rewriting her and her backstory left and right, and I just know there's  bunch of contradictions in my posts I've yet to notice.

To quote myself there, I think we need @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, @Comatose and @Sazedezas, and possibly @Voidus

Additionally, we may need @DrakeMarshmallow to move the meeting along some more.

At this point, we either need someone to claim territory to add more filler to the meeting to flesh it out a bit more or someone to notice the time bubble to move it along even further.

17 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Her weakness isn’t actually being told she’s a disappointment as much as it is her believing it, so that might only work for a little bit. But otherwise, that’d probably be fine.

Re: Kokichi, I think they’d be able to figure out their weakness, so I don’t think they’d need that. I’m not sure when I said the thing about their warping and sleep, but upon thinking about it, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t work like that, since it is a passive ability. Maybe I’m just trying to justify them staying awake? 

Edit: A brief description of their containment has turned into The Time Kokichi Went Even More Buckwild Than They Usually Are. Should not have considered the fact they’d be able to kill 682 super easily. Turns out, dark cosmic horror has NOTHING on the power of God (Hatsune Miku) and Anime. I don’t control the overly excitable child with way too op powers please nerf, the overly excitable child controls me. 

Am I biased towards their nonsense? Of course. Conveniently, I’m the author of this little crossover so I can do what I want. It’s approximately three quarters done, and I won’t be writing up the actual big dramatic confrontation because that is too epic to be properly conveyed by text. 

Anyway, I love these things. 

That was awesome. :lol:

Also, for your consideration.

Spoiler

tumblr_6f209b886c7532e8b437940c98234b85_02cd0e3d_540.thumb.png.e213ddfd3449b31ce5ccbdfa7090ed13.png

Different settings have different levels of different types of power.  SCP foundation is more sci-fi than fantasy, and so has more creeping threats than immediate ones.  But still, if the foundation figures out Kokichi’s power, they can probably send them to one of the many alt dimensions they have access to and trigger an isekai plotline.

16 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Different settings have different levels of different types of power.  SCP foundation is more sci-fi than fantasy, and so has more creeping threats than immediate ones.  But still, if the foundation figures out Kokichi’s power, they can probably send them to one of the many alt dimensions they have access to and trigger an isekai plotline.

Given one of the rules of the SCP canon is "There is no canon," even different articles on the site can have radically different power levels. It's why it annoys me when people post "Who Would Win" threads with the Foundation. Without a canon specified, no "Who Would Win" question has an answer.

In my experience, people don’t generally bother asking “who would win” when there is a clear right answer to the question.

It is also complicated by the fact that most of these are heavily dependent on the conditions of the fight, and that there is always a chance that someone with lesser abilities still wins, and that across different works characters exhibit wildly different degrees of combat pragmatism.

Shrugs

They can still definitely be entertaining as a thought experiment, although it works best for characters from the same ‘verse

Edited by DrakeMarshmallow

2 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Do they ever have an answer?

Besides same universe WOGs and death battle videos I mean.

My opinion on death battles is that they need to be written out to explain how someone wins. 

Re: Isekai Kokichi. On one hand, you have them out of your hair for a while. On the other hand, they might come back as a level twenty sorcerer about to cast actual literal magic with righteous anime rage.

At this point, it feels like 50% of my posts are asking people to do things, 40% are talking about my reading material, and 10% are complaining about how hard it is to write.

I've finished the Dresden Files, which was surprisingly good. It's kind of like Skulduggery Pleasant, except more mature.

Maybe I should start on Wheel of Time next... or maybe Wax and Wayne? It didn't really capture my attention when I first started reading it, so I'm hesitant to pick it up again.

32 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

At this point, it feels like 50% of my posts are asking people to do things, 40% are talking about my reading material, and 10% are complaining about how hard it is to write.

I've finished the Dresden Files, which was surprisingly good. It's kind of like Skulduggery Pleasant, except more mature.

Maybe I should start on Wheel of Time next... or maybe Wax and Wayne? It didn't really capture my attention when I first started reading it, so I'm hesitant to pick it up again.

That’s pretty much most of what goes down here anyway. That and random memes. Even during the heights of original Oregon activity, we only did about 10% actual planing.

What’s the Dresden Files and the Skullduggery Peasant? 

EDIT: Oh, also some art I did the other day. Which is sideways for some reason. 

Spoiler

E090D4DF-FBA5-4624-9C6B-A0298428B75B.thumb.jpeg.9d2896f7094b23035ddf2e1f06da9533.jpeg

Edited by winter devotion

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

What’s the Dresden Files and the Skullduggery Peasant? 

Urban fantasy series about a PI wizard, though Skullduggery mainly focuses on his assistant. I personally prefer Dresden Files since the world building and foreshadowing is more interesting to me.

4 hours ago, kenod said:

Urban fantasy series about a PI wizard, though Skullduggery mainly focuses on his assistant. I personally prefer Dresden Files since the world building and foreshadowing is more interesting to me.

I'd agree with that. While Landy does have Chekhov's Guns in his works, they're typically heavily foreshadowed and one can almost guess exactly how they'll be used. Near the end of the first series, the books all tend to end the same way as well, with [REDACTED]. Butcher, on the other hand, tends to use Guns in much more subtle ways and across multiple works. In particular, the book with the lack of his blasting rod and fire magic being a key plot point was rather creative and made me smile when I read it. 

7 hours ago, Sazedezas said:

Hey y'all!

I'm back. A super busy summer is coming to a close, and I'm ready to get writing - in this sense - again.

What have I missed?

Hooray! Saze is back!

We need a lot of stuff for the meeting. Karabiner's entrance, as well as something to do with Arachnerd and Lord Kelvin approaching the stadium. Some stuff regarding Nate and Liam.

EDIT: Also, would you mind joining the Discord? You can use this link: https://discord.gg/Y2ZvfuR . If not, would you provide some other method of contacting you? Thanks in advance.

Edited by breakingamber

7 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Edit: accidentally double poste, can someone delete it,

Nobody: 

Not a single gosh darned person:

Me: Wow, I can’t believe I have to redesign Kokichi twenty different times.

Someone: You don’t... have to.

Me: No, I’m gonna.

Reveal hidden contents

11F27334-D1B3-4D9E-8FA5-22B1834A283C.thumb.jpeg.2d64664195d3e23fa8d552b1fed0d1fa.jpeg

The mods recently re-added the ability to hide posts, so if you accidentally double post just click the options button beneath the text, and select hide.